Liberal Protests

B-Man

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

And, politically, if he spoke Sunday it wouldn't have stopped anything. It wouldn't have healed anyone. It would not have brought the riots last night to a standstill. And then all that would be used against him by the dishonest media who's stoking these fires.  

Timing is the ballgame right now. There are multiple planes being landed all at once. 

I don't expect words to stop these agitators.  No one's words will stop them.

But it's important to communicate things to the public and try to let them know that you empathize with them and that you are doing everything possible to protect them.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Warren Zevon said:

You asked me what Trump can do. I'm not trying to make the argument (though I believe it) you are painting me into making. 

My point exactly. It is what you believe. Yet you can offer no proof that it is true. Unfortunately everyone in the law enforcement profession is painted with the same broad brush stroke.

Kind of makes you exactly what you are railing against, don't you think?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Magox said:

I don't expect words to stop these agitators.  No one's words will stop them.

But it's important to communicate things to the public and try to let them know that you empathize with them and that you are doing everything possible to protect them.

I agree. But that requires us having an honest and unbiased messenger service. We don't have that. Speaking too soon can even give ammunition to the enemy. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The media is fanning the flames and gaslighting all at once. 

Yuppers. But hey, Trump should circumvent the law and go in and stop this right now!! The press would report it fairly and honestly.  Pinky-swear!

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 6

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I agree. But that requires us having an honest and unbiased messenger service. We don't have that. Speaking too soon can even give ammunition to the enemy. 

There will never be an honest messenger in the media while Trump is president.

Which is why an oval office address where his message will be clear to 10's of millions of people will be completely unfiltered.  They can judge for themselves.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

My point exactly. It is what you believe. Yet you can offer no proof that it is true. Unfortunately everyone in the law enforcement profession is painted with the same broad brush stroke.

Kind of makes you exactly what you are railing against, don't you think?

I have the same argument as Magox yet you rail at me because I am a liberal. You are a partisan clown. 

41 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

I have the same argument as Magox yet you rail at me because I am a liberal. You are a partisan clown. 

I have no problem with Trump delivering a message of compassion or acknowledging that there are people who genuinely are distraught with what they perceive as racial injustice. So, I don't have a problem with what @Magox is saying.

My argument with you is the beliefs you hold and the manner in which you want the message delivered. You believe there is systemic racism in the law enforcement profession and you believe the message of racism is not one of discussing "perceptions," but rather of stating it as "fact."

That is my argument with you. You literally believe, as you previously stated, that the law enforcement profession, as a whole, is filled with people who have no problem killing people, condoning it,  or covering it up, as long as those people are black.

As someone who has spent the last 35+ years of my life as a law enforcement officer working in the arena of violent crime, and now as a consultant in violent crime, I have no tolerance for people like Officer Chauvin or for people like you who want to transfer his pathology onto the rest of us.

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

You literally believe, as you previously stated, that the law enforcement profession, as a whole, is filled with people who have no problem killing people, condoning it,  or covering it up, as long as those people are black.

Quote it, liar.

1 minute ago, Warren Zevon said:

Quote it, liar.

30 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

You asked me what Trump can do. I'm not trying to make the argument (though I believe it) you are painting me into making. 

There.....