Safety Robert Blanton Visits and Signs with the Bills

Nope. Bradham and Brooks were the Bills' only UFA's to sign elsewhere while only Blanton was an UFA (Dray and the other Bills players who signed elsewhere were cut). So the Bills should get 1 for losing Bradham.

The Bills could still get 2 because Blantons contract is so small that he prob won't qualify for the formula. Brooks will be a fringe qualifier. As of right now, we'll get 2, most likely a 6 and 7 but most likely well probably just get a 6th next year

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills could still get 2 because Blantons contract is so small that he prob won't qualify for the formula. Brooks will be a fringe qualifier. As of right now, we'll get 2, most likely a 6 and 7 but most likely well probably just get a 6th next year

Brooks' isn't that large either, and they usually go by UFA's lost minus gained, unless there's a large salary discrepancy.

Brooks' isn't that large either, and they usually go by UFA's lost minus gained, unless there's a large salary discrepancy.[/quote

Yes, but the players lost and gained have to qualify for the formula. 840 k isn't going to qualify. Brooks may not either but he currently does. Technically yes it's 2 lost vs 1 gained but really it's 2 lost and zero gained but could end up being 1 lost vs 0 so that is the possible discrepancies in how many picks we get

Brooks' isn't that large either, and they usually go by UFA's lost minus gained, unless there's a large salary discrepancy.

Yes, but the players lost and gained have to qualify for the formula. 840 k isn't going to qualify. Brooks may not either but he currently does. Technically yes it's 2 lost vs 1 gained but really it's 2 lost and zero gained but could end up being 1 lost vs 0 so that is the possible discrepancies in how many picks we get

It would be interesting to see their formula.

i really like nickell robey, but it always seems like we're trying to replace him in the slot.

last year he looked lost.

year before he was a beast.

i am a Nickell fan for sure but someone with some height might be wise against Bennett and Gronk

Anyone know why we didn't re-sign Rambo? Seems like the guy played well, made big plays, contributed on ST but for whatever reason never got much love.

it was not for what ever reason. ha ! he tackled Darby at least twice.

color blindness?

I think what kooliad said might ring true. he wasnt good enough to sign in FA but maybe a bottom of the barrel signing in mid summer, I do want him back on the team as depth tho, hes !@#$in RAMBO!!

ALSO IS BLANTON ANY GOOD? I NEED ANSWERS DAMNIT! (POUNDS TABLE LIKE A SPOILED BRAT)

let me get you some cheerios to snack on.

I think Blanton is one of those pickups you hope the coaches feel they can dial in enough to have value.

and he plays ST.

D. Crossman needs all he can get

Cutting Boobie and Brooks and with the question marks swirling around Easily, we are down some core STers. If nothing else, he provides cheap value there.

If you make some assumptions he probably adds value.

Unlike Boobie and Brooks , he really can play safety full time. May not be all world but he can man the position if need be.

Cutting Boobie and Brooks and with the question marks swirling around Easily, we are down some core STers. If nothing else, he provides cheap value there.

this could be a very important factor for next year. one thing no one mentions about 2014 is that Marrone lead very impressive special teams units. that is because he is a disciplinarian and he put a lot of time to it.

rex, however, does not and will not.

and without the commitment to roster space for core ST players it could be rough. ST is 1/3 of the game.

this could be a very important factor for next year. one thing no one mentions about 2014 is that Marrone lead very impressive special teams units. that is because he is a disciplinarian and he put a lot of time to it.

rex, however, does not and will not.

and without the commitment to roster space for core ST players it could be rough. ST is 1/3 of the game.

i have concern for you.

Sounds like he was told he will have an opportunity to compete for a starting job

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/03/19/robert-blanton-will-get-a-chance-to-start-in-the-bills-defense/

Nice Dunne article yet again. ty Yolo

I wonder if Bills had an eye on this fellow when letting Leo go?

I must admit am a little psyched about this kid by now. Bills letting Rambo go find his way, means to me, they really like Blanton