Bills sign TE Jim Dray

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha, could go either way I guess. I'm thinking hard nosed blocker and red zone threat

The biggest problem with Mulligan is that he just wasnt versitile.....

I think Dray is

I dont think we are talking about a great player here....but maybe a little better then O'Leary?

By the way....would LOVE for O'leary to take that next step this year

The biggest problem with Mulligan is that he just wasnt versitile.....

I think Dray is

I dont think we are talking about a great player here....but maybe a little better then O'Leary?

By the way....would LOVE for O'leary to take that next step this year

Do not count O'Leary out.

Is Dray Irish too. a trend perhaps?

@mikerodak

Bills TE Jim Dray signed one-year deal at minimum salary ($760k). Not sure on bonus, but likely qualifies for veteran minimum cap benefit.

sounds quite reasonable.

smash mouth football and sweater vests all around

Huzzah!

For some reason I love blocking TEs. We're gonna maul 'em, E.

you are a sick puppy. And i sure like your attitude Kid!

I would so love to see The Bills move the line of scrimmage at will. gosh that would delight me to no end.

f the pass.

except when they bring 8 down to try and stop us mauling.

you are a sick puppy. And i sure like your attitude Kid!

I would so love to see The Bills move the line of scrimmage at will. gosh that would delight me to no end.

f the pass.

except when they bring 8 down to try and stop us mauling.

From your lips to God's ears.

I can't shake the image of a Bills offense armed with Roman's full expertise but with an offensive line right out of 1970. Or the hogs, or the emmitt Smith cowboy line. To your point in another thread, defenses are built differently today. Some of them have 235 pound Mike linebackers. We could physically dominate. We may be so damn difficult to stop on the ground we find that Watkins, Clay, Woods, and maybe a minor addition at wideout is just plenty.

Thing is the team is already managed this way. Roman runs constantly and throws little, Rex would rather get the ball at midfield and run the clock out on himself at the end of the half, than risk an offensive mistake. If we're going to be a grinder of a team from another era we may as well do it right.

Hopefully Dr. Dray allows Greg to get more from certain formations than he could last year without a quality blocking te.

Edited by Aaron

I like the way you think Aaron. if you're going to be a running team, then overwhelm the opposition with brute force. How much fun would it be for the Patriots now matter what they do absolutely cannot stop 5+ yards per attempt each run when everyone knows we are going to run. If Dray can contribute in any way to that happening, and then it is so much easier for Watkins and company to get open, then heck yeah.

Rex would have no excuse if we average 35+ minutes per game in time of possession. The defense would almost always be well rested and have a chance to demolish the opposing offense.

Whenever I hear about exciting offenses i always think of teams like the Saints. Living in the NFC South, i see a lot of their games, and that high flying passing offense hasn't done squat for them in a few years.

So Aaron, i guess I'm old school too, and would love another team get to the top on a great running game, great offensive line, productive passing game, but a punishing defense. Rex needs to deliver this year on the punishing defense part. If he does that, I'll apologize to everyone for my comments on how much he has frustrated me this past year.

From your lips to God's ears.

I can't shake the image of a Bills offense armed with Roman's full expertise but with an offensive line right out of 1970. Or the hogs, or the emmitt Smith cowboy line. To your point in another thread, defenses are built differently today. Some of them have 235 pound Mike linebackers. We could physically dominate. We may be so damn difficult to stop on the ground we find that Watkins, Clay, Woods, and maybe a minor addition at wideout is just plenty.

Thing is the team is already managed this way. Roman runs constantly and throws little, Rex would rather get the ball at midfield and run the clock out on himself at the end of the half, than risk an offensive mistake. If we're going to be a grinder of a team from another era we may as well do it right.

Hopefully Dr. Dray allows Greg to get more from certain formations than he could last year without a quality blocking te.

Dr, Dray. i knew it was coming in time!!

Thinking Roman Did want more from those TEs than he got last year. Hence the Move to O Leary later on.

I know i am a bit fantastical in my notions, but we shall see how far out i am.

G- Ro sure liked adding Kujo for a 3rd tackle and trying to punish a defense at the line. It worked too. Later in the season when the team was gaining traction. TOP is a way to win games, truth. If Carpenter had knocked them in like clockwork as he did the year before the season may have ended differently as Rex might have coached it a bit more confidently ?

I like the way you think Aaron. if you're going to be a running team, then overwhelm the opposition with brute force. How much fun would it be for the Patriots now matter what they do absolutely cannot stop 5+ yards per attempt each run when everyone knows we are going to run. If Dray can contribute in any way to that happening, and then it is so much easier for Watkins and company to get open, then heck yeah.

Rex would have no excuse if we average 35+ minutes per game in time of possession. The defense would almost always be well rested and have a chance to demolish the opposing offense.

Whenever I hear about exciting offenses i always think of teams like the Saints. Living in the NFC South, i see a lot of their games, and that high flying passing offense hasn't done squat for them in a few years.

So Aaron, i guess I'm old school too, and would love another team get to the top on a great running game, great offensive line, productive passing game, but a punishing defense. Rex needs to deliver this year on the punishing defense part. If he does that, I'll apologize to everyone for my comments on how much he has frustrated me this past year.

Don't apologise Kelly! We are ALL frustrated

Old school.

Defense.

Trenches.

grass stained jerseys

and turf in the faceguard.

yep!

I think you know...

no I don't. I would never go there if I was a WR or TE yet they keep reeling in top prospects. I don't think they are are paying them or doing anything illegal. Why bother paying them anyway - they do not use them! Pay the RB. Edited by YoloinOhio

no I don't. I would never go there if I was a WR or TE yet they keep reeling in top prospects. I don't think they are are paying them or doing anything illegal. Why bother paying them anyway - they do not use them! Pay the RB.

Don't be naive Yolo...everyone knows there's only 2 reasons to go to Columbus:

Thurman Cafe

Schmidt's Sausage Haus

Don't be naive Yolo...everyone knows there's only 2 reasons to go to Columbus:

Thurman Cafe

Schmidt's Sausage Haus

well if you put it that way. It finally makes sense.

Don't forget about all the raves (per Bosa) :lol:

Apparently he told teams at the combine in his interviews that he likes to go to raves in his free time - for the music.

Edited by YoloinOhio

well if you put it that way. It finally makes sense.

Don't forget about all the raves (per Bosa) :lol:

Apparently he told teams at the combine in his interviews that he likes to go to raves in his free time - for the music.

That's my Columbus circuit--Thurman's for lunch, Schmidt's for dinner (and dessert--I cannot leave C-bus until I've had a cream puff from there).

As to Bosa, geez, what a lunkhead.

A talented lunkhead, but that type of answer is the kind of thing that makes guys like him get drafted after guys like Buckner.