DT Stefan Charles Signing 1 Year Deal with Detroit

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that the FO handled the current cap situation as well as they could, but man did they mess it up with the contracts they have doled out over the last three years. How does a team with their star on a rookie contract and a QB making less than $2million be in such a cap hell?

Also, hate losing Stefan Charles. Great back-up that was far from the problem with the DL last season. A rookie should be able to step-in and obviously offers some promise, but Charles was trustworthy.

I know that the FO handled the current cap situation as well as they could, but man did they mess it up with the contracts they have doled out over the last three years. How does a team with their star on a rookie contract and a QB making less than $2million be in such a cap hell?

Also, hate losing Stefan Charles. Great back-up that was far from the problem with the DL last season. A rookie should be able to step-in and obviously offers some promise, but Charles was trustworthy.

It's a one year situation. They'll be in much better shape in 2017.

It's a one year situation. They'll be in much better shape in 2017.

why?

I'm not enjoying the off season.

We're losing some valuable backups - not to mention MW - and too spent to sign anyone.

that's the reality that people aren't seeing. we are losing hogan, bradham, rambo, mcklvin, urbik, who else... ? all of these guys were quality depth players. mario was a starter. maybe he was called lazy or not trying, but he was still a starer. losing charles now... not helping.

why?

that's the reality that people aren't seeing. we are losing hogan, bradham, rambo, mcklvin, urbik, who else... ? all of these guys were quality depth players. mario was a starter. maybe he was called lazy or not trying, but he was still a starer. losing charles now... not helping.

Current projections have them with somewhere in the neighborhood of $50M in cap room in '17. They'll need it to accommodate possible long term deals with Taylor, Gilmore, and Glenn.

why?

I agree. Mario stared a lot out there last year.

GO BILLS!!!