Scarborough and Republicans getting economic religion?

TPS

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Admitting the policies the Republicans push are focused on the "donor class" not the middle class.

Scarborough

Funny how the top 0.1% have prospered more due to the easy asset appreciation thanks to the Dem president.

The reasonable concept of supply side economics was sold 30 years ago to working class conservatives, which seemed reasonable that lower taxes and regulation would grow businesses and expand incomes and prosperity. maybe it did work, but workers sure didn't win big... Their jobs were sent packing south and across oceans, blue collar folks got rear ended, and they now have a candidate talking about rethinking free trade and sending excess illegal labor home... makes sense to me.

The reasonable concept of supply side economics was sold 30 years ago to working class conservatives, which seemed reasonable that lower taxes and regulation would grow businesses and expand incomes and prosperity. maybe it did work, but workers sure didn't win big... Their jobs were sent packing south and across oceans, blue collar folks got rear ended, and they now have a candidate talking about rethinking free trade and sending excess illegal labor home... makes sense to me.

Jobs went overseas due to the high cost of American labor, not because of basic supply side economic policy.,

Are you going to stop buying cheap products made in China?

Are you going to stop buying cheap products made in China?

I try to never buy cheap products, and always try to buy American products that are quality.

Jobs went overseas due to the high cost of American labor, not because of basic supply side economic policy.,

the wealthy got tax cuts, got super wealthy and free trade deals made killing jobs here a no brainer. I'm not advocating protectionist policies, but workers are starting to put two and two together... and these are not just Democrat takers, these are conservative families beginning to ask what the !@#$ happened, and where has the GOP been for them. This may be the best thing that happens to the GOP, if you really think about it.

I try to never buy cheap products, and always try to buy American products that are quality.

Clothes? Shoes? Cell Phones? Everything is made abroad. Don't kid yourself.

Edited by meazza

Funny how the top 0.1% have prospered more due to the easy asset appreciation thanks to the Dem president.

Working with the model that is in place and has been for over 100 years. There needs to be a change in how we pump up consumer spending. This trickle down method probably isn't the best.

And automation. Making steel, operating a warehouse and many factories are not labor intensive anymore. People want to blame someone, but the world and economy just keep changing

Like there wasn't pressure from Summers to prop up the perennial summers of recovery.

More like pressure to live up to his mandate to work on providing full employment

http://www.demos.org/publication/federal-reserve-mandate-full-employment

From its establishment in 1913, the Federal Reserve has had a clear dual mandate to minimize inflation and maximize employment.

SS doesn't work - its a con.

As Scarborough states, it's a con that has come home to bite the Republican establishment bit time. My favorite moment of the race so far, having Romney--the epitome of the Rep establishment--attack Trump. These guys are really stoopid....

US manufacturing output is at an all time high. The problem is not that we're not making anything, the problem is that Mr. Roboto is taking many of the jobs in manufacturing.

No one in the US wants to make most of what is made in China.

US manufacturing output is at an all time high. The problem is not that we're not making anything, the problem is that Mr. Roboto is taking many of the jobs in manufacturing.

No one in the US wants to make most of what is made in China.

E voila.

try my friend, I said try. It is indeed hard to find a lot of everyday products made here. I do however buy all my tools, supplies, plywood made in this country, or the very least made in Canada.

I'm saddened by the mentality of many of our citizens... They'll spend 150-200/ month on coffee, but meltdown when gas is 2 a gallon or toaster is more than 2.99 at Walmart. We have a nation of fiscally stupid people, it's no wonder our government is screwed up as well.

try my friend, I said try. It is indeed hard to find a lot of everyday products made here. I do however buy all my tools, supplies, plywood made in this country, or the very least made in Canada.

I'm saddened by the mentality of many of our citizens... They'll spend 150-200/ month on coffee, but meltdown when gas is 2 a gallon or toaster is more than 2.99 at Walmart. We have a nation of fiscally stupid people, it's no wonder our government is screwed up as well.

who the hell spends $150 a month on coffee?