Scarborough and Republicans getting economic religion?

TPS

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is the world is it ever a good thing for people to spend beyond their means?

Increases consumer spending. That helps the economy and on a personal level it allows for people to get cool stuff like houses, cars and things to impress women

Increases consumer spending. That helps the economy and on a personal level it allows for people to get cool stuff like houses, cars and things to impress women

Cool. I say we just have everyone max out their credit cards and pull out all their home equity. We'll get the economy zooming again in no time.

The views and opinions expressed here are intended for entertainment purposes only and are not intended suggest any particular investment or financial strategy.

Stop obfuscating with reality!

Damnit. He baits be in with absurd scenarios every time....

Now I see why Edelman resorted to crime to because he's a dumbass. The economy doesn't grow based on percentages it grows based on dollars fed to it. Let me give you an example

Someone making $10,000,000 a year puts 5% of their income into the economy through consumerism. Someone else making $50,000 puts 50% into the economy through consumerism. Who has helped the economy more?

One step further betters the question. How many individuals fit the 10,000,000 @ .05 versus the 50,000 @ .50? This scenario needs to be debated in terms of aggregate.

Where is the world is it ever a good thing for people to spend beyond their means?

It's always a good thing, as long as you're not the one dumb enough to do it. We rely on people spending nearly dollar for dollar of what they earn, and expanding that purchasing capacity with credit.

I'm often amazed how much stuff people financed that is not real estate, a business or some other appreciating asset.

It's always a good thing, as long as you're not the one dumb enough to do it. We rely on people spending nearly dollar for dollar of what they earn, and expanding that purchasing capacity with credit.

I'm often amazed how much stuff people financed that is not real estate, a business or some other appreciating asset.

So they have nothing set aside for their nest egg at retirement and therefore have zero disposable income to stimulate the economy throughout their thirty plus year retirement? It's called balance.

Damnit. He baits be in with absurd scenarios every time....

One step further betters the question. How many individuals fit the 10,000,000 @ .05 versus the 50,000 @ .50? This scenario needs to be debated in terms of aggregate.

No this is valid point you and the boy bring up. However regardless taking money from one group and giving to another is a really poor idea with regard to stimulating the economy.

No this is valid point you and the boy bring up. However regardless taking money from one group and giving to another is a really poor idea with regard to stimulating the economy.

Is it? Worked before. Worked in different ways. Is working now. Do you have any idea at all what you are talking about boy?

No buddy, It's hard to relate to your childishness sometimes.

So you have a hard time relating to the concept that just because something works doesn't mean it's the best or even a good thing? Oh that's right small brain theory.

So you have a hard time relating to the concept that just because something works doesn't mean it's the best or even a good thing? Oh that's right small brain theory.

As compared to what? To increase prosperity wealth has to be distributed. Idiot

As compared to what? To increase prosperity wealth has to be distributed. Idiot

Really?? That is the ONLY way to increase prosperity is through forced redistrobution? And you call me an idiot. :lol:

Edited by Chef Jim

Cool. I say we just have everyone max out their credit cards and pull out all their home equity. We'll get the economy zooming again in no time.

The views and opinions expressed here are intended for entertainment purposes only and are not intended suggest any particular investment or financial strategy.

That was the Bush years....

Really?? That is the ONLY way to increase prosperity is through forced redistrobution? And you call me an idiot. :lol:

I would say the number one inhibitor on current economic growth is poor distribution of the wealth that is being created.

I would say the number one inhibitor on current economic growth is poor distribution of the wealth that is being created.

And how would you accomplish that, o wise one?

(damn mobile auto spell)

Edited by GG

I ask you again, compared to what? So far you have nothing, son

Reduced taxation (state and federal)

Reduced bureaucratic red tape in starting a business. Make it easier to start a business not harder

Tax incentives to start a business

Make it easier instead of harder for people to get assistance with investing. Teach investing to every student in school.

Provide more tax breaks for people wanting to open an IRA. Either eliminate the sliding scale for deductibility for IRA's or sliding scale for qualifications for Roths

Offer incentives to business to hire people that are currently on government assistance. And punish those that continue to hire illegals

Offer incentives to have domestic companies move offshore jobs back to the US

These are just a few off the top of my head. Your list is one idea. Raise taxes on the wealthy!!!

And yes your reply will be "how do you do this without increasing taxes on the wealthy?" First step in my opinion is to cut government waste through the massive amount of redundancy that even you can admit is there. You can admit that can't you?? Before they go to the citizens and asking them to rearrange their financial house they have to first get theirs in order/