Will the Bills make the playoffs this year?

Will they get in?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think?

2015 (wins in parenthesis)

bills 2015 opponents AFC SOUTH (25) NFC EAST (26) = total 51 wins

bills 2016 opponemts AFC NORTH (30) NFC WEST (35) = total 65 wins

Yeah and last year are two other games were against Kansas City and Cincinnati. Next year they are against Jacksonville and Oakland. It'll all even out.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted yes, with some tweaks and improvements on both sides of the ball, maintaining some continuity with players and coaches. I don't see a big loss from Mario with how little effort he gave, I feel something will get worked out with Incognito. The defense showed some flashes of promise at the end and now that Tyrod is full go at starter with a year under his belt, better chemistry with Sammy, I think the playoffs will happen... What kind of fan would I be if I didn't.

Fact: the Bills finished with the 4th hardest schedule in the AFC last season.

No, they didn't. You can't look back in retrospect and use winning percentage because the outcomes are dependent events. We play 6 games against 3 division teams that also play common teams from 2 other divisions. Weaker common opponents inflate wins within our division and stronger common opponents have the opposite effect. Those statistics are almost completely pointless by the end of the year. Actually, they're not even very useful at the start of the year because every team basically plays only 3 division each year (i.e. the Jets are not as good as their record, they just took advantage of their schedule and went 6-2 against those two soft divisions). If you want an accurate estimation, take each opponent individually and rank them against the entire NFL pool.

Last year we were handed a cupcake schedule. We played the two worst divisions in football, and that's not debatable by anyone with even the slightest bit of football IQ. Those 2 divisions did not produce a single legitimate playoff contender -- every single team was a complete pretender, and we couldn't separate ourselves from that mess. Even worse, a large portion of those teams are comparatively soft and don't play a physical brand of football (IND, PHI, JAC, TEN, DAL). Contrast that to this year where we are playing the two most physical divisions in the game right now (by far), including teams that are expected to go deep in the playoffs.

Back on topic,

No.

:lol:

They get this defense into the top 10 again and Tyrod commands games

I agree, I voted yes because the little kid fan in me wants it to happen but, looking at the schedule and the egg salad that Rex brought out on defense last year makes the realist in me say no. On the bright side, if Rex continues his destruction of our defense and falls in the 15-31 range on defense hopefully Pegs cuts his losses and we move on from Rex

Edited by Marty McFly

Yes - why root if you don't expect success? We're not some dumpster fire. We'll get there.

Because I am a fan. I root for this team every time it takes the field.... whether we are playing in the Superbowl or another meaningless week 17 game. I do expect that eventually we will get success and it will be sweet. But I am not expecting it this year..... I hope to the end of the earth that I am wrong.