Sticky of Bills' moves - N'th week of FA

GG

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@BuffaloBillsPR

#Bills S Corey Graham has restructured his contract. Graham started all 16 games & led the @buffalobills with 122 tackles in 2015.

@buffalobills

Unlocking cap space: Veteran DB Corey Graham has restructured his contract. http://bufbills.co/ju56Hy

Ccpy4t7WAAAn5ZL.jpg

The front office obviously wanted to reduce that figure. Per team policy the details of the restructuring were not disclosed.

Graham made the transition from cornerback to full-time safety in 2015, and led the team in tackles with 122 including 91 solo. He also led the team in fumble recoveries, was tied for second in interceptions and had one of just two defensive touchdowns by the Bills last season. He also tied for the fourth-most tackles on special teams where he remained a core contributor.

Reunited with former Baltimore teammate Ed Reed, who joined Rex Ryan’s staff as assistant secondary coach, Graham could be poised to have an even more productive 2016 campaign.

What Buscaglia might have meant is $5 mil for the rookies, and most teams want at least $3-4 mil for emergencies throughout the year due to injuries and having to pull people off the street. That's my guess, but not defending his comment.

That's why all of these endless free agent threads are much about nothing as we don't have the money for them. It amazes me how many people don't understand the situation.

I like the moves the FO are making for the most part, small things that will add up to some flexibility to get a guy or too extended/re-signed, and maybe get some solid depth players. Hopefully we can draft a stud DE/LB in the draft, and get Incognito back. Not sure what our OG options are if we don't... drafting is a crapshoot when it comes to offensive line, it seems.