Obama's Post Presidency

/dev/null

The amount of redactions on these documents is actually hilarious (and sad):

Newly-released Fast and Furious documents (…still keeping government secrets)

Today, I received several pages of documents related to the Fast and Furious scandal where the Obama Administration secretly facilitated the delivery of assault rifles and other weapons to Mexican drug cartels.

I requested the documents under the Freedom of Information Act (FOI) back in 2013. This response took almost six years, even though– under FOI law– it was due in 30 days.

</snip>

• Thank you (+1) 2

18 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

He's got 10.5 years to enjoy it.

THIS is exactly what I said! Now if anything shows the extent of the Climate hypocrisy ...this does. If this was a trial, the prosecution would show the jury a photo of that house, the judge would clear the courtroom, and then they’d send the defendant immediately to prison!

IRAN REVISITED

What did the Obama administration have in mind when it chose to empower and enrich the murderously anti-American and viciously genocidal regime Iran? Michael Doran explained all in the Mosaic 2015 essay “Obama’s secret Iran strategy.”

Doran’s analysis is still worth reading and still hard to believe. Why was the strategy secret? Perhaps the Obama administration promulgated some counterpart to the Truman administration’s NSC-68, the top secret strategic assessment adopted to counter the threat posed by the Soviet Union in 1950.

Yet Doran deduces Obama’s Iran strategy in part from public statements by Obama himself and Obama mouthpiece Ben Rhodes. Their assessment of Iran is so stupid that the administration’s Iran strategy might have been classified to save administration officials from embarrassment.

The murderous and imperialist nature of the Iranian regime has been in view since it came to power in 1979. Lest we forget, interested readers might want to review Avi Weiss’s Mosaic essay recounting the 1994 terrorist attack on the the largest Jewish community center and social-service agency in Buenos Aires (AMIA) — Weiss’s essay “The Shameful Cover-Up of the Worst Attack on Diaspora Jews Since the Holocaust” — and Matthew Levitt’s elaboration in the Mosaic essay “The Men Responsible for the AMIA Bombing Are Known—and Still at Large.”

Iran’s war on the Jewish people continues. Today’s news brings word of an Israeli attack on Iranian forces near Damascus that had been planning to launch “killer drones” at targets in Israel. Reuters reports in “Israel hits Iranian force in Syria to stop ‘killer drones’ – military.”Iran, however, asserts that all is well because “Israel and the United States do not have the power to attack Iran’s various centers, and our [military] advisory centers have not been harmed,” according to Mohsen Rezaei, secretary of Iran’s aptly named Expediency Council.

Israel is of course only the Little Satan in the eyes of Iranian regime. The Great Satan — that’s us, of course. Most recently, Iran has threatened our friends at the Foundation for the Defense of Democracies. FOX News reports: “A statement from Tehran’s foreign ministry published in Iranian media, including the semi-official Fars news agency, accused the FDD and its CEO Mark Dubowitz of ‘economic terrorism … including spreading lies, lobbyism, propaganda against Iran,’ because of the group’s mission to expose human rights violations by the Tehran regime and advocate for harsher sanctions by the U.S. against the Middle Eastern nation.”

The Iranian statement added: “Accordingly, taking any actions by the judicial and security apparatuses against the FDD and their Iranian and non-Iranian accomplices will be considered legitimate as their actions are against the Iran’s national security and the interests of Iranian people and government.” Anyone familiar with Jay Solomon’s reporting on Hezbollah operatives in the United States would be inclined to take this threat seriously. See, for example, my post “Times tips to America’s Iran network.”

Everybody knows that in the eyes of the Iranian regime we are the Great Satan, except perhaps Barack Obama and his acolytes. It would be charitable to infer that Obama didn’t know what he was doing. I’m not saying that’s the case. I’m just saying it would be charitable not to question his motives.

Edited by B-Man

IRAN REVISITED (2)

To this date the American public has not been advised of the side deals that the Obama administration made with Iran to announce its agreement to the JCPOA. A complete accounting of these side deals remains classified, so I am reliably informed. Jay Solomon has reported that the side deals Obama administration Secretary of State John Kerry negotiated were largely about infusing Iran with more cash and investment. Here is what Solomon came up with in 2016 supplemented by Josh Meyer’s Politico report (linked below):

1.) $1.7 Billion: The Obama administration initially said the cash shipments had nothing to do with the nuclear talks or the prisoners. But it was clear in the end, that everything — the nuke deal, the prisoners, the cash — were all interconnected (here).

2.) Missile Proliferation: In one of the classic side deals, the Obama administration agreed to get two Iranian state banks off the UN sanctions list, even though they were blacklisted for missile development. The Americans had said they wouldn’t ease sanctions on companies that were engaged in missile proliferation. But these two state banks were too important for the Iranian economy (here).

3.) Investment in Europe: Kerry signed a letter as part of the JCPOA (which was never made public), which committed the US to aid European investment in Iran. Certain parts of the deal were never declassified. Solomon wrote about Kerry’s touring of Europe in 2016 to urge foreign banks to go back into Iran (here).

4.) Criminal Activity: This one may not have been committed to paper, but the Obama administration definitely scaled back investigations into Iran’s and Hezbollah’s illicit activities as the Iran deal was concluded (see Josh Meyer’s astounding Politico report here).

5.) Syria: One of Solomon’s major arguments in his book on Iran was that the Obama administration didn’t go into Syria because of the Iran nuke negotiations. Obama administration officials always denied this, but Solomon heard this directly from Iranian officials (see here).

All this to induce the Iranian regime’s agreement to a deal that funded and facilitated the regime’s path to development of nuclear weapons in ten years, or an earlier time of its choosing.

• Thank you (+1) 1

...oh joy........look who is back.........

Obama gets political again, launches initiative to fight gerrymandering

By Ronn Blitzer | Fox News

Former President Barack Obama is back in the political arena, announcing a new initiative to combat partisan gerrymandering — though Republicans say the efforts are really about helping Democrats.

The "Redistricting U" program, which is part of the "All on the Line" campaign, aims to recruit and train individuals to take up the fight against drawing congressional districts based on partisan interests.

“Training is at the heart of organizing. It’s why I’ve always made it a priority — from my 2008 campaign until now," Obama tweeted Monday. "And it’s why I’m proud to announce @allontheline’s in-person training initiative, Redistricting U."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/obama-gets-political-again-launches-initiative-to-fight-gerrymandering

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...oh joy........look who is back.........

Obama gets political again, launches initiative to fight gerrymandering

By Ronn Blitzer | Fox News

Former President Barack Obama is back in the political arena, announcing a new initiative to combat partisan gerrymandering — though Republicans say the efforts are really about helping Democrats.

The "Redistricting U" program, which is part of the "All on the Line" campaign, aims to recruit and train individuals to take up the fight against drawing congressional districts based on partisan interests.

“Training is at the heart of organizing. It’s why I’ve always made it a priority — from my 2008 campaign until now," Obama tweeted Monday. "And it’s why I’m proud to announce @allontheline’s in-person training initiative, Redistricting U."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/obama-gets-political-again-launches-initiative-to-fight-gerrymandering

Sure, I'll believe this is genuine just as soon as he does something about the blatant gerrymandering in his home state of Illinois.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Koko78 said:

Sure, I'll believe this is genuine just as soon as he does something about the blatant gerrymandering in his home state of Illinois.

In our town in suburban Chicago they turned 1 very red district into 2 parts of now blue districts with very meandering borders.  That happened elsewhere in the state.  Until 2014 Illinois had a majority of republican representatives.  Like many states we have far more red voting districts but the weight of Chicago voters makes us a blue state. 

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

In our town in suburban Chicago they turned 1 very red district into 2 parts of now blue districts with very meandering borders.  That happened elsewhere in the state.  Until 2014 Illinois had a majority of republican representatives.  Like many states we have far more red voting districts but the weight of Chicago voters makes us a blue state. 

ILLINOIS SPLITUP MANEUVERS: 

Jefferson County board puts Chicago separation question on ballot.

My paper on state secession is looking more and more timely.

Also, there’s an opportunity to split Illinois into Chicagoland and the rest — which would basically be a two-Senate seat pickup for the red team — as the price for a federal bailout when Illinois goes bankrupt, but only if the GOP controls the House, Senate, and White House at the time.

• Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, B-Man said:

ILLINOIS SPLITUP MANEUVERS: 

Jefferson County board puts Chicago separation question on ballot.

My paper on state secession is looking more and more timely.

Also, there’s an opportunity to split Illinois into Chicagoland and the rest — which would basically be a two-Senate seat pickup for the red team — as the price for a federal bailout when Illinois goes bankrupt, but only if the GOP controls the House, Senate, and White House at the time.

It's getting harder and harder to appreciate big cities even with all the culture, entertainment and economic engines that are there.