McCoy's nightclub fight and the ongoing investigation

lowghen

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was impressed with the DA. He should be on "Dancing with the Stars". He can dance and prance around just about anything. The cops were protected well. Bet their boss is not to happy with them.

i thought they handled the media questions pretty well too.

I was impressed with the DA. He should be on "Dancing with the Stars". He can dance and prance around just about anything. The cops were protected well. Bet their boss is not to happy with them.

Sounds to me as if one of the off duty cops was the primary aggressor both inside and outside of the club.

So if the Bills wanted to they could have cut Mccoy with little or hit on the cap because of the incident?

My guess is that the behavior part has to be something very significant. Like Aaron Hernandez or Vick (who did have to pay back part of his signing bonus if you remember). Not little things that dont even bring charges against you.

That said I wouldnt be surprised if he does get a game. I know this is different but suspension without charges is not unprescedented look at Big Ben in this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Football_League_player_conduct_controversy#Ben_Roethlisberger

Anyway itll likely be a fine because it was news worthy and he was somewhat involved.

Listening to DA Seth Williams' Presser, there is no way in hell that McCoy will be suspended. Not going to happen.

I agree. They can't suspend someone that was just defending a friend. From the wording, that seems to be the D.A.'s interpretation of the events.

Sounds to me as if one of the off duty cops was the primary aggressor both inside and outside of the club.

Yup.

I agree. They can't suspend someone that was just defending a friend. From the wording, that seems to be the D.A.'s interpretation of the events.

Yup.

listening to the press conference I too gathered that they felt any actions were of self defense. I suppose he could be suspended, but he shouldn't be IMO.

listening to the press conference I too gathered that they felt any actions were of self defense. I suppose he could be suspended, but he shouldn't be IMO.

If the league decides it's unlikely McCoy was defending anyone when he jumped in to swing at a guy who was on the ground getting pummeled, they may conclude he should be suspended.

I know this will sound like a generalization, but I've been around plenty of off duty cops who were drinking. Family members on the force. There hasn't been one time where I didn't view their behavior as cocky s.o.b.'s who would not hesitate to beat your ass for looking at them. Of course it would be more than just one cop drinking together. Actually confronted a family member on the force who said he hadn't given it much thought til I mentioned it. He said I was more right than wrong. Just food for thought.