Ralph made a bid for the LA KIngs in the 1960's?

It's possible, Ralph wanted to put the football team in Miami, but because of stadium issues settled for Buffalo. The current rule (I think NFL) is that an owner can have teams in multiple sports if they are in the same city. That's why when the Bills were for sale, if Jeremy Jacobs wanted to buy the Bills, he had to sell the Bruins or have his children take ownership.

I'll have to look it up. I forgot when it changed, I want to say it changed in the 80's, but you could own franchises from different sports in different towns.

Edit: Rule changed happened in 1997, after Paul Allen purchased the Seahawks, who was already an owner of the Trailblazers.

Edited by KollegeStudnet

Oh no, we traded Kareem Abdul Jabbar for draft picks and we let Magic Johnson go to free agency - Ralph is cheap - ah, what could have been. Oh, nm, wrong sport.

:lol::lol:

I'll have to look it up. I forgot when it changed, I want to say it changed in the 80's, but you could own franchises from different sports in different towns.

Edit: Rule changed happened in 1997, after Paul Allen purchased the Seahawks, who was already an owner of the Trailblazers.

why would the owners even care?