Congrats Wade!!

Imagine what could have been for the Bills if some senile, meddling owner hadn't decided to play coach and force Wade into starting RJ in a meaningless game against the Colts ...

Wade would have won the SB that year, and probably at least one more time during his multi-year coaching tenure.

Instead, we got Gregg Williams.

Congrats Wade - one of the best and underappreciated coaches the Bills ever had.

Edited by DC Bills Fan

Imagine what could have been for the Bills if some senile, meddling owner hadn't decided to play coach and force Wade into starting RJ in a meaningless game against the Colts ...

Wade would have won the SB that year, and probably at least one more time during his multi-year coaching tenure.

Congrats Wade - one of the best and underappreciated coaches the Bills ever had.

Or imagine if someone made a tackle on Special Teams and everyone would love RJ because he lead us to the game winning FG with his sock flapping all over the field in that final drive. That said I don't think our D would have been good enough to stop the Rams.

Or imagine if someone made a tackle on Special Teams and everyone would love RJ because he lead us to the game winning FG with his sock flapping all over the field in that final drive. That said I don't think our D would have been good enough to stop the Rams.

Yup. He would have been a hero with his 10 completions and 131 yards passing. And let's not forget that he absolutely refused to take more than 6 sacks that game. Brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it.

And the Titans were within one yard of that Super Bowl. So stop with the defeatist "we wouldn't have been good enough to win it all anyway". Was it the best Bills team of all-time? No. But they just might have been the best team in the NFL at that point in the season.

Yup. He would have been a hero with his 10 completions and 131 yards passing. And let's not forget that he absolutely refused to take more than 6 sacks that game. Brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it.

And the Titans were within one yard of that Super Bowl. So stop with the defeatist "we wouldn't have been good enough to win it all anyway". Was it the best Bills team of all-time? No. But they just might have been the best team in the NFL at that point in the season.

He did his best Flutie game manager impression that day, just enough to win if it not been a ST gaffe. Our offense wasn't playing much better for most of 1999 and really struggled putting up points yet most Flutie apologist want to ignore that. In terms of the sacks, I'm pretty sure we had injuries all along the offense line that day. Sure some sacks can be blamed on RJ but I know it wasn't Flutie's fault he got sacked by Trace Armstrong and fumbled in the 1998 playoff loss to the Dolphins.

Edited by The Jokeman

Class act and a lovely man. Said a few times on here he came over to do coverage of the 2014 draft on UK tv and I attended a 2 hours event with 100 or so NFL fans listening to Wade and asking him questions and he was an absolute pleasure. I grabbed a few minutes chat with him 1 on 1 at the end of the event and he is just a lovely guy who absolutely knows his football. He loved his time in Buffalo too.

Couldn't be happier for him. Out of football in 2014.... the NFL is stupid.

What were Payton Manning's stats in this last super bowl?

maybe, don't think Fluite was a SB winning QB maybe that year, but he couldn't play in the pocket which was his downfall.

Watching Greg ruin Wade's D was like watching Rex ruin Schwartz's defense.

"Phillips is already lauded as one of the top defensive minds in football, but the wily coordinator's game planning throughout the playoffs will cement his legacy as a brilliant schemer. On the run to the Lombardi Trophy, the Broncos' top-ranked defense shut down three of the most prolific scoring offenses in the NFL (the Pittsburgh Steelers, New England Patriots and Carolina Panthers ranked fourth, third and first in scoring, respectively) using a variety of clever tactics that disrupted the rhythm of their quarterbacks and suffocated their top playmakers on the perimeter"

Disagree. Minus the Music City Debacle, we beat the only unbeaten Home team that year and I believe we would have prevailed vs the greatest Show on Turf. That was 'Our Year'..

Watching Greg ruin Wade's D was like watching Rex ruin Schwartz's defense.

Thanks.. I just threw up a bit in my mouth..

Disagree. Minus the Music City Debacle, we beat the only unbeaten Home team that year and I believe we would have prevailed vs the greatest Show on Turf. That was 'Our Year'..

Thanks.. I just threw up a bit in my mouth..

Agreed on both counts.