Who really Billieves in Tyrod Taylor? Apparently BN does...

Marty McFly

Well then Aaron.

Lets look at the development of said line over the season. For a bunch of guys who could not get sorted early on they as a whole even! , became respectable down the stretch. Glenn and Cogs plus Woods held their own and the line DID start clicking.

But look what we fielded at the WR positions.

Look close. We have a guy named Salas catching passes who knew?

Watkins was healthy and showed why he is the #1

Wood really struggled as did Hogan. We found later on they had serious injuries but played. Because we had no one else to line up !

I can dig getting the RT settled and being absolutely positively sure we keep Glenn and Richie.

But damn man , since we lost Harvin , we lost a viable threat.

I would not chase a WR because i think one or two will be found , and i am all about refurbishing the front seven of the defense. But brother we sure need another viable threat at rec or TE

Good to hear from you E-Dog.

This year the injuries were to the skill positions and we got fairly lucky up front. Who knows where the bug will strike next year?

I don't think we desperately missed Harvin. Sixth in yards per pass play and tied for 5th in limiting interceptions, our pass game was pretty darn efficient. This was with Tyrod in the chaos of starting his first games, with EJ Manuel starting two games, and again with a rash of injuries at skill positions.

In the Chiefs game in which Sammy caught 6-158yds-2TDs in the 1st half, there was absolutely nothing the Chiefs could do to stop him. He caught passes with two and three defenders around him. Inexplicably, his only target in the 2nd half was an incomplete deep ball on 2nd & 14. We were winning at halftime by throwing into double coverage to Sammy Watkins, and when we refused to keep doing so, the offense sputtered and we lost.

Watkins had 96 targets this year. I randomly looked up Antonio Brown...he had 193, more than double!

Brown's teammate, Martavis Bryant was brought up earlier in the thread. He too saw more targets per game than Sammy Watkins. :o

Charles Clay- tough to cover for those LBs and safeties, and arguably the BEST run after catch TE in the NFL. The $50M Man this year had 40.6 yards per game. This, along with both his receptions and targets, was the lowest mark in his three seasons since becoming a full-time starter.

If our passing game is already one of the most efficient in the NFL, but the volume simply isn't there to feed the weapons we have to their full potential, what is the sense in adding more weaponry to under-use?

Say what you want about Woods (not an outstanding WR overall), he's a quality run blocker. When they motioned a WR in toward the line to block he was often the guy. Do you remember this spectacular play?

It shouldn't be overlooked when you're 2nd in the league in rushing attempts and 31st in passing attempts. A team like the Bills loses something when they remove a player like Woods from the field (though he could still be 3rd receiver).

I'm never against seeing the Bills get better, I just see little reason to consider WR a real need.

OL on the other hand is vital to a coordinator like Roman having success. I look there and I see Cordy Glenn. The rest are short-term answers, a question mark in Miller and a hole at tackle.

I'm very much in favor of building a team specifically designed for its coaches (and never would have allowed Roman to enter the season with only Henderson and Kouandjio at RT). This is the way to maximize the coaching staff's potency. To me, with Roman in charge, its more important to build depth on the O-line, to maintain the line and get ready for guys leaving, and try to improve up front, than it is to add a speedy perimeter player the coach will under-utilize.

Edited by Aaron

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but we need depth. Tyrod can't do as well if he doesn't have adequate uninjured "weapons". Would be nice that if one of our "weapons" was out nursing an injury we had other "weapons" we could use instead.

That is truly a good point. It'd be nice to have another threat in case Samuel is out.

Can I ask what the meaning is of all the "weapons?" I'm confused there.

That is truly a good point. It'd be nice to have another threat in case Samuel is out.

Can I ask what the meaning is of all the "weapons?" I'm confused there.

REMEMBER THIS?? THIS IS WHY WE NEED TO GET A GENUINE WR2 THREAT THIS OFF-SEASON.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0mPpSEzRZ4

to answer ur question I think he means Weapons at WR2 and WR depth in case Watkins gets hurt and Weapons on the O-Line and depth in case someone goes down, to give him the time and pocket to step up and make those middle of the field throws. Man if we had Harvin all season, I could see us winning another 2 games or at least 1. Having him and Watkins was a double edge sword for defenses, they double Sammy BAM Harvin reliable hands burner speed. Double Harvin and Sammy, easy throw to Clay the RB or a QB run. If we can get Tyrod another serious threat at WR2 and another decent WR for depth, with the same O-Line add an Upgrade at RT and overall O-line depth, hes gonna tear the house down this season. Easy.Now that Watkins and Tyrod built chemistry since their pre-season together got cut down cuz of the QB competition, we get a threat at WR2 who can stay healthy with our same O-line and an Upgrade or more depth at RT and our offense will be able to make up for Rex wreckin the Defense. Can anyone remember the number of games we had Harvin and Watkins healthy at the same time?

REMEMBER THIS?? THIS IS WHY WE NEED TO GET A GENUINE WR2 THREAT THIS OFF-SEASON.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0mPpSEzRZ4

to answer ur question I think he means Weapons at WR2 and WR depth in case Watkins gets hurt and Weapons on the O-Line and depth in case someone goes down, to give him the time and pocket to step up and make those middle of the field throws. Man if we had Harvin all season, I could see us winning another 2 games or at least 1. Having him and Watkins was a double edge sword for defenses, they double Sammy BAM Harvin reliable hands burner speed. Double Harvin and Sammy, easy throw to Clay the RB or a QB run. If we can get Tyrod another serious threat at WR2 and another decent WR for depth, with the same O-Line add an Upgrade at RT and overall O-line depth, hes gonna tear the house down this season. Easy.Now that Watkins and Tyrod built chemistry since their pre-season together got cut down cuz of the QB competition, we get a threat at WR2 who can stay healthy with our same O-line and an Upgrade or more depth at RT and our offense will be able to make up for Rex wreckin the Defense. Can anyone remember the number of games we had Harvin and Watkins healthy at the same time?

Man that video sure is fun to watch. Almost intoxicating.......

Man that video sure is fun to watch. Almost intoxicating.......

Seriously bro. I watched that **** 4 times in a row before posting it, trying to see what route Sammy was running. Also I was putting Tyrod over all off-season and dealing with the "he didnt throw any TDs in the pre-season, so hes not capable of it" morons. That play was so satisfying I almost did a moonsault in my room. What I REALLY LIKED about that clip. Is what the commentator said at 0:54, all the non Billievers jaws either dropped, ate crow, or shut up.

Edited by Marty McFly

Good to hear from you E-Dog.

This year the injuries were to the skill positions and we got fairly lucky up front. Who knows where the bug will strike next year?

I don't think we desperately missed Harvin. Sixth in yards per pass play and tied for 5th in limiting interceptions, our pass game was pretty darn efficient. This was with Tyrod in the chaos of starting his first games, with EJ Manuel starting two games, and again with a rash of injuries at skill positions.

In the Chiefs game in which Sammy caught 6-158yds-2TDs in the 1st half, there was absolutely nothing the Chiefs could do to stop him. He caught passes with two and three defenders around him. Inexplicably, his only target in the 2nd half was an incomplete deep ball on 2nd & 14. We were winning at halftime by throwing into double coverage to Sammy Watkins, and when we refused to keep doing so, the offense sputtered and we lost.

Watkins had 96 targets this year. I randomly looked up Antonio Brown...he had 193, more than double!

Brown's teammate, Martavis Bryant was brought up earlier in the thread. He too saw more targets per game than Sammy Watkins. :o

Charles Clay- tough to cover for those LBs and safeties, and arguably the BEST run after catch TE in the NFL. The $50M Man this year had 40.6 yards per game. This, along with both his receptions and targets, was the lowest mark in his three seasons since becoming a full-time starter.

If our passing game is already one of the most efficient in the NFL, but the volume simply isn't there to feed the weapons we have to their full potential, what is the sense in adding more weaponry to under-use?

Say what you want about Woods (not an outstanding WR overall), he's a quality run blocker. When they motioned a WR in toward the line to block he was often the guy. Do you remember this spectacular play?

It shouldn't be overlooked when you're 2nd in the league in rushing attempts and 31st in passing attempts. A team like the Bills loses something when they remove a player like Woods from the field (though he could still be 3rd receiver).

I'm never against seeing the Bills get better, I just see little reason to consider WR a real need.

OL on the other hand is vital to a coordinator like Roman having success. I look there and I see Cordy Glenn. The rest are short-term answers, a question mark in Miller and a hole at tackle.

I'm very much in favor of building a team specifically designed for its coaches (and never would have allowed Roman to enter the season with only Henderson and Kouandjio at RT). This is the way to maximize the coaching staff's potency. To me, with Roman in charge, its more important to build depth on the O-line, to maintain the line and get ready for guys leaving, and try to improve up front, than it is to add a speedy perimeter player the coach will under-utilize.

Even though Aaron , i dont agree fully with you. you make such good points i hate to argue with you : )

I think the game plan changed without Harvin and Goodwin available. And i think Roman (and now Tyrod ) could make great use of a serious playmaking threat at receiver. You see my boy Robert Wood run a vertical and he only takes one with him and that's just to clear a player out of the real play : (

and the times i see Sammy bracketed and TT throw the ball , i freak out a little. Even worse under review. Sure he catches every damn thing but i wait for the hit that some body is going to put on him.

But i accept the line is where it all starts and needs to be addressed and then maintained.

And i accept these opinions from folks who know much more than i ever will about the subtleties of the game

:thumbsup:

a little bit of both, 3rdand12 & Aaron.

Good insights by both of you.

Yes, time to close the book on glass-Goodwin and Harvin isn't reliable. Even if his hip/leg/foot thingy heals, he still has migraine issues that have plagued him since college. We were definitely inticed by having great speed away from Sammy -and we have to find a guy just to keep opponents honest and on their heels. I don't necessarily believe OL MUST be improved from the outside. We have a lot invested in the guys we have and a 2nd year under G-Ro & Co. will bear better fruit, IMO.

Yes, time to close the book on glass-Goodwin and Harvin isn't reliable. Even if his hip/leg/foot thingy heals, he still has migraine issues that have plagued him since college. We were definitely inticed by having great speed away from Sammy -and we have to find a guy just to keep opponents honest and on their heels. I don't necessarily believe OL MUST be improved from the outside. We have a lot invested in the guys we have and a 2nd year under G-Ro & Co. will bear better fruit, IMO.

Thanks for the exchange of ideas boys, you both raise good points. God bless the Buffalo Bills.

I meant to quote you too 3rd & 12 :oops:

Edited by Aaron

Yes, time to close the book on glass-Goodwin and Harvin isn't reliable.

Agree x10.

i totally believe in TT

and i'm still drafting a QB in the first or second round.

Normally I would agree with you but I respectfully disagree: not this year. With Tyrod starting I dont see any QB thats worth taking or BPA in the 1st 3 rounds thats gonna make our team any better over a very strong Dline & LB draft year. especially when we have no cap room for FA moves and we are in need of LB talent DT/NT/DE and S. theres a few really good ones in this draft that will make this team better off the bat. Still I am of the best player available stand but we got holes to fill and this draft has players for us. THIS IS OUR QB NEXT SEASON. With obvious room for improvement but week 1 to week 17 he has shown his progression is trending up

Get Hyped for next season. 1st vids better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4eEJOui0Qk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBqHGAei0jg

GO BILLS! and this weekend. Even tho Panthers have a big edge and I am a big fan of Cam and Super Spic Rivera, I want the Sheriff to go out on top and retire. GO BRONCOS! Either way if as long as its a good close game that comes down to the last few minutes ill be chillin no matter who wins.

Edited by Marty McFly

My pops always used to say the best time to buy a car is when you don't urgently need one.

Look around if see you see one with potential that isn't too expensive ( picks or contract) pick em up. Meanwhile you've got a solid starter to build around. It's sadly the best situation they've had at QB since Bledsoe

What's wrong with Dysert?

2-5: TYROD TAYLOR ON JOHN MURPHY SHOW (12:37)

@WGR550

Tyrod is on air NOW!

Taylor on Media Day: Doing media every day just comes with being a player you have fun with it. I never dread it I like to show personality

Taylor on his Super Bowl ring: I don't wear it, I keep it in a safe.

Taylor on his style: My mom used to dress me nice as a kid, something I kept as I grew up

Taylor on best dressed on Bills roster: Rambo stands out to me, he's pulled off some nice outfits.

Taylor on Pro Bowl: It was an awesome time, it was a honor to be selected as a Pro Bowl QB

Taylor on Pro Bowl game: Those games you get to take shots and make plays, I just tried to give receivers chances.

Taylor: I'm always confident in our guys, we have a playoff caliber team. We just have to go out there and play like that every week.

Taylor: Buffalo deserves success from their football team, as a community they want to see a winning team & as players we want to give that

Taylor on who wins Super Bowl 50: I'm going to stick with Carolina, it's going to be a close game.

Taylor on his contract situation: I've kinda been busy the past few weeks, but I want to be around as a long term asset.

@RyanTalbotBills

Rex Ryan isn't done with EJ Manuel as Tyrod Taylor's backup http://www.scout.com/nfl/bills/story/1640420-rex-ryan-im-not-done-ej-manuel

Caet-UEWIAA3Syp.jpg
“I’m not done with EJ Manuel, either," Ryan said. "I think EJ’s got the talent, the size and all that stuff. Sometimes, just guys take a little bit longer to develop, so we’ll see how that goes.”

Although he has some of the intangibles that you look for in an NFL QB, it's hard to believe that things will just click for Manuel in 2016. Manuel's biggest issue has been his accuracy and it's unlikely that he can fix his accuracy enough to be a quality starter or backup in the league.

It's hard to take some of these things seriously when the guys that they are asking really don't know what they are talking about. Green talks about how Tyrod isn't the size of Michael Vick. Vick is 6'0 216 lbs and Tyrod is 6'1 215 lbs.

No.

Vick is not 6' and has never been over 190.

TT is 6'1' 217 - Probably 220 as he has stated he wants to add upper body weight.