Who really Billieves in Tyrod Taylor? Apparently BN does...

Marty McFly

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no QB worth a 1st round pick this year and to reach for a EJ or a JP would be a monumental mistake.

This. And there are so many QB-needy teams drafting before us. If they don't reach for a QB in the first, they will in the second. As I've written in other posts, I think this is the year QBs who any other year would go in the 5th and later will go in the 2nd or 3rd. Guys who other years would go undrafted will be taken in the later rounds. Obviously, this strategy rarely works out.

We've got a QB who established chemistry with our best (or soon-to-be-best) player, and we have Shady, Karlos and Clay coming back. If TT and Sammy can maintain that type of production through a season -- not just a month -- it will open things up for the other guys, and we could be in for something special in 2016. I don't get -- and never will get -- why TT is slammed so hard here.

Edited by Felonious Monk

Tyrod is the first QB that actually has development potential for the Bills in this century.

I believe he is most of the way there already, in contrast to E.J., who lacks any sort of testicular fortitude.(to say the least)

If not Tyrod, then WHO????????

Im Team Tyrod for the record, this thread was to show there are others that Billieve in em. If we draft a QB in the 1st 3 rounds ill be tight.

I doubt he'd be in the Super Bowl if he was the Broncos QB, personally.

I'll tell you two things: number one, Tyrod Taylor, whether you like him or not, played at a much higher level than the Broncos QB's did all season. Number two, if the Bills had the number one defense in yards and points allowed and scored as many points as the Broncos defense did this year, the Bills would've coasted to the Super Bow themselves. Ya know, defense counts too.

TE and JP did both show promise until they were banged around or injured, especially TE. I remember he took that hit from I believe Adrian Wilson of the Cardnials and was concussed. After that, he was a totally different QB; he played so tentative. The same can be said for EJ. Since those players sustained their injuries they played completely different after that point. That's the main difference I see between them and TT. After his knee injury he back and played really well and wasn't shaken up by it. And I agree with you even more on this Tyrod subject just becoming redundant haha.

GO BILLS!!

For the millionth time, Trent Edwards' best game as a pro was the week AFTER the Cardinals game.

I'll tell you two things: number one, Tyrod Taylor, whether you like him or not, played at a much higher level than the Broncos QB's did all season. Number two, if the Bills had the number one defense in yards and points allowed and scored as many points as the Broncos defense did this year, the Bills would've coasted to the Super Bow themselves. Ya know, defense counts too.

Gotta beat the Pats twice to get to the SB. I don't know if TT does that. Gotta put up more than 13 to beat them with a #1 defense.

Taking a QB in the first round with who will likely be available when we pick and when we have other more pressing needs, would be a display of complete incompetence by our front office. I don't think they are incompetent and don't think there is really any chance we are taking a QB in the first round.

A lot of people here feel differently, I know, but has there been any hint at all that they are even considering a QB in round 1? I know I haven't seen any.

Edited by Mark80

Gotta beat the Pats twice to get to the SB. I don't know if TT does that. Gotta put up more than 13 to beat them with a #1 defense.

The Bills finished way higher than the Broncos is both yards and scoring. I know, as it's been pointed out over and over, that they only scored 13 points in the one Monday night game. When they played them at home, they scored 32. The Broncos had multiple games where their offense couldn't even score a TD or barely scored at all and still won on the strength of their defense. Again, their defense is REALLY good. Good enough that Tyrod Taylor could have led them to the Super Bowl if 9 TD's to 17 INT's, including 1 home TD pass in 6 home games Peyton Manning could lead them there.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

The Bills finished way higher than the Broncos is both yards and scoring. I know, as it's been pointed out over and over, that they only scored 13 points in the one Monday night game. When they played them at home, they scored 32. The Broncos had multiple games where their offense couldn't even score a TD or barely scored at all and still won on the strength of their defense. Again, their defense is REALLY good. Good enough that Tyrod Taylor could have led them to the Super Bowl if 9 TD's to 17 INT's, including 1 home TD pass in 6 home games Peyton Manning could lead them there.

I think that you kind of hit the nail on the head with some of my frustrations. People think that you either have Aaron Rodgers at QB or you keep looking. Unfortunately with Manning at the end of the line and Brady, Brees, Eli, Ben, Rivers and Romo not far behind there isn't a generation of dynamic "franchise QBs" that everyone craves. Rodgers, Wilson and Cam are the only ones that fit that. Tyrod sat and learned (like Rodgers) and came along in his first year as a starter like Wilson. Look around at the young QBs in the league and Tyrod is in that class with Bortles and Carr. Guys that have a chance. We should stop hoping for the unicorn and start being realistic that our QB COULD turn into an Eli caliber player.

As an aside: Please, please, please people do not start on Andrew Luck. He hasn't proven anything yet either. He has worlds of talent but is a turnover machine at the moment.

The Bills should NOT draft a quarterback in the first round. It's not a priority while other things certainly are. Find a diamond in the rough in the later rounds; perhaps/pray a Brady or Cousins will be residing there. Someone worth looking for would be a college second stringer with skills who was forced to sit behind a true star. Grab him and develop him. No more one game wonders like EJ.

I think that you kind of hit the nail on the head with some of my frustrations. People think that you either have Aaron Rodgers at QB or you keep looking. Unfortunately with Manning at the end of the line and Brady, Brees, Eli, Ben, Rivers and Romo not far behind there isn't a generation of dynamic "franchise QBs" that everyone craves. Rodgers, Wilson and Cam are the only ones that fit that. Tyrod sat and learned (like Rodgers) and came along in his first year as a starter like Wilson. Look around at the young QBs in the league and Tyrod is in that class with Bortles and Carr. Guys that have a chance. We should stop hoping for the unicorn and start being realistic that our QB COULD turn into an Eli caliber player.

As an aside: Please, please, please people do not start on Andrew Luck. He hasn't proven anything yet either. He has worlds of talent but is a turnover machine at the moment.

This. Thank you. Let's go draft Carson Wentz in the hopes that he might be a hall of famer and let him to develop for a few years, even if we have to endure his growing pains, finish below .500 and then the odds are that he won't even be as good as Tyrod Taylor, let a lone a top 5 QB. We got a freaking decent QB. For once. Let's just be happy, give him that offseason to work with his WR's, learn the offense more, open things up. If he regresses, fine, then you start over. But anyone insisting we need to take a QB in the first round this year, doesn't get it I'm afraid.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

I would rather draft a guy in the 3rd round that has all the tools and develop him.....heck maybe that 3rd rounder beats out EJ Manuel in his first year.

I really like Dak Prescott or Adams in this roll.

Someone earlier was talking a bout how we dont make the playoffs till we learn how to consistantly beat the patriots. I think there is some truth to that......but I have a hard time believing ANY of these QBs that are highly touted signals the end of the pats dominance......

If we want to beat the pats....lets get our D back back to a strength.....get a RT that is actually worth starting.....and run the ball down their friggen throats.

I STILL maintain that the best way to beat the pats is a D that is stingy on points and beats up Brady.....and a O that moves the chains on long time consuming drives with points at the end of them....suffocate the **** out of them

I think part of this discussion is that some folks (not me) will interpret your position as saying "don't draft a QB", and they'd be (IMO) correct to disagree with that idea.

I think that it's really important--provided that you don't have an Aaron Rodgers--to have another potential guy in the queue aside from the starter. Someone that at least has the tools that can be developed.

I feel pretty confident that you agree; I'm more making the clarification for others that don't necessarily see that there are rounds other than the 1st in which you can draft a guy to try and develop as a future franchise QB.

SHOULD,, tyrod evolve into a franchise type qb is something only time will prove ,for the first time in his career he entered the off season as the starter ,with sammy ,lashon,,clay ,and others including a line that seems headed in the right direction his future is bright,wheather he succeeds is now in his hands.

I really like Tyrod Taylor.

Going into the off-season program as the starter is going to help him a lot I think. No more sharing #1 reps and rotating all over the place. Tyrod can now focus on improving his game, working with the starters, and developing as an NFL starting QB.

I think we are going to see a significant jump in his ability to read the field and move the chains this season.

We sometimes forget that until July or so it was pretty much a long shot he would be the #1. Now he gets months and months of work and most importantly the attention of the coaches to build up the offense around what he does best.

He could be the guy for 10 years here if he improves. The ONLY concern I have with him is durability. Can he play all 16 games?

I think part of this discussion is that some folks (not me) will interpret your position as saying "don't draft a QB", and they'd be (IMO) correct to disagree with that idea.

I think that it's really important--provided that you don't have an Aaron Rodgers--to have another potential guy in the queue aside from the starter. Someone that at least has the tools that can be developed.

I feel pretty confident that you agree; I'm more making the clarification for others that don't necessarily see that there are rounds other than the 1st in which you can draft a guy to try and develop as a future franchise QB.

Yes, I am all for adding a guy with the tools. In large part because I think that the Bills only have 1 functioning QB on the roster.

The frustration is more that Tyrod is as likely (or more likely) to develop into the guy that we have been looking for than anyone. This draft may produce 1 to 2 QBs that are better pros than TT. Goff and Wentz seem to be the 2 most likely candidates and both should be gone when the Bills select. So why would we take a guy at 19 (even those 2) that may not ever be as good as what we currently have? They almost certainly won't be better in 2016. A developmental guy is fine (there are a bunch of those that I like in this draft). If TT fails, you will be drafting earlier next year and may be able to chase someone like Watson.

The Bills should NOT draft a quarterback in the first round. It's not a priority while other things certainly are. Find a diamond in the rough in the later rounds; perhaps/pray a Brady or Cousins will be residing there. Someone worth looking for would be a college second stringer with skills who was forced to sit behind a true star. Grab him and develop him. No more one game wonders like EJ.

Huh? I'm sorry, but if you can't start on your college team, you are not going to be an effective NFL player at any position, much less QB. Tom Brady sharing playing time with Henson is the only thing similar to what you are saying that I can think of and that was only because his coach was a stubborn idiot who couldn't see what everyone else saw, that Tom was a much more effective QB than Henson. Henson was just playing because of his reputation.

Edited by Mark80

Huh? I'm sorry, but if you can't start on your college team, you are not going to be an effective NFL player at any position, much less QB. Tom Brady sharing playing time with Henson is the only thing similar to what you are saying that I can think of.

that isn't always the case due to coaching and scheme changes that take place in college after a kid has already committed. You have big time recruits lining the bench at certain schools because they weren't recruited by the current coach and there is no loyalty there of the coach needing to fit his scheme to the talent, since he also has his own talent that already fits. I don't think the rule of "if you don't start in college you won't succeed in the NFL", while certainly true in some situations, can be universally applied.

Certain kids will transfer when in that situation, but that is not an easy decision or easily done. Each player is its own case.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Huh? I'm sorry, but if you can't start on your college team, you are not going to be an effective NFL player at any position, much less QB. Tom Brady sharing playing time with Henson is the only thing similar to what you are saying that I can think of and that was only because his coach was a stubborn idiot who couldn't see what everyone else saw, that Tom was a much more effective QB than Henson. Henson was just playing because of his reputation.

Wait--what about Matt Cassel?

:lol:

Wait--what about Matt Cassel?

:lol:

funny, but that's actually a decent example. He never saw the field as a QB in college. Clearly he was able to play the position effectively in the NFL, regardless of what people think of him. He's not great but he's been a starter. Worth a late pick for NE when they were able to get a huge ROI on him with the trade to KC after he lead them to a winning season with no experience playing QB in college? I'd say so.

Russell Wilson was told to take a hike by nc state so they could get Giraffe Boy on the field ASAP. They can say it was because he wanted to play baseball too, but if they really wanted Wilson to still be their QB, they would have dealt with the baseball.

Edited by YoloinOhio