• Jalin Marshall WR, PR Ohio St (fast)
    • Spencer Drango OT Baylor

Round 1---Carson Wentz QB

Round 2---Adolphus Washington DE DT

Round 3---Joe Haeg OT

Round 4---Braxton Miller WR KR PR

Round 5---Roberto Aguayo K

Round 6---???

This is the last round. You may make 3 selections in the poll.

5 145 NY Jets Jordan Walsh OG Iowa P3 -9 Reach

5 146 Houston Vernon Butler DE34 Louisiana Tech P9Grab -3 Reach

5 147 Washington Kevin Byard SS Middle Tennessee P3 -1 Reach

5 148 Minnesota Pearce Slater OT San Diego St P4 +8 Value

5 149 Cincinnati Eric Mac Lain OG Clemson P3 -9 Reach

5 150 Kansas City Tyler Johnstone OT Oregon P4 +9 Value

5 151 Green Bay Le'Raven Clark OT Texas Tech P3 -5 Reach

5 152 Philadelphia Deion Jones OLB43 LSU P4 +14 Value

5 153 Kansas City Hassan Ridgeway DT34 Texas P4 +10 Value

5 154 Houston Aaron Green RBC TCU P3 +31 Value

5 155 Arizona Cody Kessler QB USC P4 +9 Value

5 156 Detroit Beniquez Brown OLB43 Mississippi State P3 +12 Value

5 157 Carolina Mike Matthews OC Texas A&M P4R +7 Value

6 158 Cleveland Romeo Okwara DE34 Notre Dame P2 -50 Reach

6 159 Tennessee Aaron Burbridge WRF Michigan St P4R +6 Value

6 160 San Francisco Josh Forrest ILB Kentucky P2 -2 Reach

6 161 San Diego Tajae Sharpe WRF Massachusetts P3 +2 Value

6 162 Minnesota Nile Lawrence-Stample DT43 Florida State P4R -16 Reach

6 163 Jacksonville Joe Dahl OG Washington St P3R -39 Reach

6 164 Baltimore Connor McGovern OG Missouri P3R -43 Reach

6 165 Tampa Bay Sean Davis FS Maryland P3 -7 Reach

6 166 NY Giants Glenn Gronkowski TE Kansas St P3 +11 Value

6 167 Chicago Eric Murray CB Minnesota P3 +3 Value

6 168 Miami Blake Martinez ILB Stanford P2 +3 Value

6 169 Washington Matt Skura OC Duke P3 +3 Value

6 170 Philadelphia Jonathan Williams RBF Arkansas P4 +13 Value

6 171 Dallas Luke Rhodes ILB William & Mary P3 -5 Reach

6 172 Los Angeles Trevone Boykin QB TCU P2 -9 Reach

6 173 Detroit Roger Lewis WRF Boston College

6 174 Buffalo ???

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jalin Marshall is Braxton Lite. Also a former QB, he has played WR longer as he made the transition immediately upon coming to osu and returned punts a ton (which was boom or bust last year and much more solidly consistent this year) - a little smaller but very shifty. If we didn't take Braxton earlier, he's a nice pickup in the 6th rd. I took the ILB since we need one. I have heard of Burgess and that he's supposed to be good, but watch very little Louisville football so don't know much about him.

Edited by YoloinOhio

This draft, if it were how it shook out, would get Whaley fired

I actually agree. As a group we did a terrible job. We passed up on Spence and Butler in favor of Washington and a kicker!! We took a QB in the 1st (who won't be there). We passed up on Rankins multiple times. Next time anyone here complains about our drafting we should just look here to the terrible job that we collectively did. Edited by Kirby Jackson

I actually agree. As a group we did a terrible job. We passed up on Spence and Butler in favor of Washington and a kicker!! We took a QB in the 1st (who won't be there). We passed up on Rankins multiple times. Next time anyone here complains about our drafting we should just look here to the terrible job that we collectively did.

agreed. Fire Whaley if this is our draft. Horrible. And with bargains available at every round

Our horrible defense last year loses Mario and Bradham, but only adds Adolphus Washington. And we prioritized a kicker over front 7. Horrible

I actually agree. As a group we did a terrible job. We passed up on Spence and Butler in favor of Washington and a kicker!! We took a QB in the 1st (who won't be there). We passed up on Rankins multiple times. Next time anyone here complains about our drafting we should just look here to the terrible job that we collectively did.

I don't follow college ball but I always keep an eye on Astro's draft threads...this is hilarious thanks for the chuckle :D

And thanks Astro for running this and for everyone else with the knowledge to participate!

I blame everyone else. My votes were amazing.

This is a time when I'm thrilled I wasn't with the majority here :lol:

:beer:

Ha ha, I was okay with mine too :). We passed on a borderline 1st round DL (Butler) in the 5th for a kicker!!!!! Astro even left it open to try to talk sense into everyone. This draft that we just put together would be murdered by the experts and have the GM fired. This was so, so, so bad. Edited by Kirby Jackson

This draft, if it were how it shook out, would get Whaley fired

How so?

Round 1---Carson Wentz QB (not who I would pick.....but the fact that a backup QB and possible QB of future cannot be ignored. We need someone to push EJ off the roster. If Wentz is the BPA....then that is the right time to take the QB.....if Wentz develops Whaley will look like a genious

Round 2---Adolphus Washington DE DT (Once again.....BPA....and if he fits a RR 3-4 then the right pick.....especially if we lose Mario

Round 3---Joe Haeg OT (Once again....this is probably BPA....and we are in def need of a RT

Round 4---Braxton Miller WR KR PR (Playmaker......possible Percy Harvin clone......why not?

Round 5---Roberto Aguayo K (If this guy can do all the kicking duties....is really good....and frees up a position on the team so we dont have to carry 3 kickers?)

Round 6---???

How so?

Round 1---Carson Wentz QB (not who I would pick.....but the fact that a backup QB and possible QB of future cannot be ignored. We need someone to push EJ off the roster. If Wentz is the BPA....then that is the right time to take the QB.....if Wentz develops Whaley will look like a genious

Round 2---Adolphus Washington DE DT (Once again.....BPA....and if he fits a RR 3-4 then the right pick.....especially if we lose Mario

Round 3---Joe Haeg OT (Once again....this is probably BPA....and we are in def need of a RT

Round 4---Braxton Miller WR KR PR (Playmaker......possible Percy Harvin clone......why not?

Round 5---Roberto Aguayo K (If this guy can do all the kicking duties....is really good....and frees up a position on the team so we dont have to carry 3 kickers?)

Round 6---???

No LB's, one DL player, a QB with our 1st with other glaring needs and possibilities at that point, a K in round 5, and all for a cap-strapped team? Playoffs? No, unemployment line.

No LB's, one DL player, a QB with our 1st with other glaring needs and possibilities at that point, a K in round 5, and all for a cap-strapped team? Playoffs? No, unemployment line.

I don't think he'll be there...So it's probably not even worth discussing...But if he is there at #19 I don't think there's any question the Bills take Wentz...I think that's about as safe a bet as you're going to get in this Draft... B-)

We could address LB in free agency.....depending on the quality of the kicker round 5 is not s stretch......we wont be THAT cap strapped when they make some salary adjustments.

A couple of other thoughts

- Preston Brown is not going anywhere....they will probably move him to the OLB position. Manny Lawson is inexpensive fits the D and will stay.....we need another LB through FA or draft.

- We are literally one bad thing from happening away from EJ Manuel being our starter.....that is important to remember.....with a QB in TT (Who I love) is sometimes is too much of a gamer for his own good

- RT is definately a need

- We are literally the only team in the league that carries 3 kickers....and there is a strong chance Karp might not be back

- I feel that we need a true nose tackle for this team......but NT's do not get paid huge salaries so we might go FA here

Only so many picks......and we are in need of players. Not if I WAS to do a mock I would not take Wientz.....I actually might try to trade down for an additional second.....and try to get a DL and 2 linebackers in my 1st 3 picks