• Antonio Morrison OLB43 Florida, or Joe Schobert OLB34 Wisconsin
    • Vincent Valentine DT34 Nebraska
    • Keyarris Garrett WRF Tulsa (tall)
    • Elijah Shumate SS Notre Dame, or T.J. Green FS Clemson
    • James Burgess ILB Louisville
    • Tyler Higbee TE Western Kentucky
    • Jalin Marshall WR, PR Ohio St (fast)
    • Spencer Drango OT Baylor

That logic doesn't really make sense (no offense). Tyrod is the QB next year no matter what. If the Bills need to make the playoffs for everyone to keep their jobs are they better off with a young QB on the bench or a starter that potentially has the impact of Darby? It isn't really debatable. A starter at WR or in the defensive front 7 is much better for next year's record.

For everyone to keep jobs obviously they're better off with an impact player. For Whaley to keep job a QB on the bench taken in the 1st is better for him to keep job. It's a bad year to debate elite QB play to win with Denver in the SB. Also Alex Smith won a playoff game. So to go against what I think if the Bills pass on a QB at 19 or none of top 3 are available; the move should be a buy low candidate as a backup.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For everyone to keep jobs obviously they're better off with an impact player. For Whaley to keep job a QB on the bench taken in the 1st is better for him to keep job. It's a bad year to debate elite QB play to win with Denver in the SB. Also Alex Smith won a playoff game. So to go against what I think if the Bills pass on a QB at 19 or none of top 3 are available; the move should be a buy low candidate as a backup.

Right but not in the top 3. Theres too much DL/LB talent in this years draft to not take a DT/DE/NT or a LB in the 1st 2 rounds. also hoping for a starting quality S, RT, and WR through the draft or FA. Chances of that are extremely low but, if we can grab a beast rookie LB a start ready S and RT through the draft ill be satisfied, we can always pick up a good WR2 late in the draft or in FA.

With this draft as it currently stands, we clearly need defense (I'm late to this draft party--not sure why we used a pick on a kicker rather than drafting some defense--get the kicker via FA or UDFA and save a precious pick for some defense--BPA).

That said, as the board stands, I trust the Honorable Doug E. Fresh Whaley to determine who is the better fit, a medically cleared Antonio Morrison (hoping OBD improved our doctors!) or James Burgess. Couple of snippets of interest on both of them that I thought you might enjoy (and before you ask, i do read sources other than Rotoworld :-)

Morrison: http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/cfb/132253/antonio-morrison

Burgess: http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/cfb/134012/james-burgess

EDIT: looks like wrong link pasted sorry here's the correct text about Burgess:

Louisville senior ILB James Burgess "will be a nice fit for a 3-4 team looking for an inside gap-shooter," notes NFL Media draft analyst Chad Reuter. "Don't let Burgess' size fool you," Reuter wrote. "He drills ball carriers into the ground. The Miami native is explosive to the play and brings bad intentions." The 6-foot, 229-pound senior finished third on the team with 71 tackles last year, chipping in three sacks, 10 TFL and three interceptions. "But he also shows a knack for reading quarterbacks and making plays on the ball, with six career interceptions," Reuter wrote. "Burgess will be a nice fit for a 3-4 team looking for an inside gap-shooter." Wed, Jul 29, 2015 09:42:00 PM Source: NFL.com

Edited by biggerdaddynj

They aren't going to give Whaley another year because they didn't get a chance to see what a new QB could do. The results are all that will matter this year. If he wants to keep his job then he needs wins not a QB that doesn't play.

I've said it here numerous times that Whaley being on the hot seat is absurd. The talent isn't the issue. He just received an "A -" grade from ESPN (I think) for the work that they did last offseason. The scheme and injuries were the problem.

There are some good developmental guys in this draft. The flip side is that they may take a guy with a lot of experience but limited upside in hopes that he can be the long-term #2. Ironically, I think that is what the 'Skins did when they took Cousins.

Forgot to post something on Schobert so here it is (not that anyone seemed to care!)---about their assessment of his work at the Senior Bowl:

Wisconsin OLB Joe Schobert

Schobert has had conversion issues this week similar to those of Fackrell, although he does appear to be a better all-around athlete. He is our second-ranked 3-4 OLB due in large part to his ability attack the quarterback, but thus far has struggled while playing a more traditional 4-3 OLB role in Mobile.

While this week may not be the most optimal showcase of his skillset, we are confident that his 53 total pressures from 2015 will translate to similar pass-rushing success in the NFL.

Edited by biggerdaddynj

With this draft as it currently stands, we clearly need defense (I'm late to this draft party--not sure why we used a pick on a kicker rather than drafting some defense--get the kicker via FA or UDFA and save a precious pick for some defense--BPA).

That said, as the board stands, I trust the Honorable Doug E. Fresh Whaley to determine who is the better fit, a medically cleared Antonio Morrison (hoping OBD improved our doctors!) or James Burgess. Couple of snippets of interest on both of them that I thought you might enjoy (and before you ask, i do read sources other than Rotoworld :-)

Morrison: http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/cfb/132253/antonio-morrison

Burgess: http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/cfb/134012/james-burgess

EDIT: looks like wrong link pasted sorry here's the correct text about Burgess:

Louisville senior ILB James Burgess "will be a nice fit for a 3-4 team looking for an inside gap-shooter," notes NFL Media draft analyst Chad Reuter. "Don't let Burgess' size fool you," Reuter wrote. "He drills ball carriers into the ground. The Miami native is explosive to the play and brings bad intentions." The 6-foot, 229-pound senior finished third on the team with 71 tackles last year, chipping in three sacks, 10 TFL and three interceptions. "But he also shows a knack for reading quarterbacks and making plays on the ball, with six career interceptions," Reuter wrote. "Burgess will be a nice fit for a 3-4 team looking for an inside gap-shooter." Wed, Jul 29, 2015 09:42:00 PM Source: NFL.com

Burgess took over the reins from our own Preston Brown at Louisville. My feeling is that Preston isn't as bad as he's made out to be, and he'll be fine.