Rob Ryan joining Bills staff

FluffHead

Ralph's philosophy for two thirds of his 50 year reign. How great was that?

And more playoff appearances than the Pegulas reign. Less dog biscuits though. I can see how that's a real negative.

Dance with me Kelly.

Edited by FireChan

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was questioning why his credentials make him qualified to be Assistant Head Coach/Defense

he is an assistant coach without a specific position group. The AHC is an add on title for guys who have a lot of experience, they are all over the league. Ohio state has a bunch of AHCs too and they are position coaches. There are no "credentials" required.

More like a crusade against them and Rex . . . .

Not my fault they keep giving me ammunition. Once they tighten the ship up and make some good moves, I'll be sure to praise them. It just might be awhile.

Edited by FireChan

Just seems pretty knee jerk to say what Rob's role will be on the defense. All we know definitively from the organization is that he is our new "Assistant HC/Defense". For all we know he is bringing over some his New Orleans hidden gem packages to implement. After all, Rex said his brother is a genius. Highly doubt the genius (and brother) takes a backseat and let's Rex run the show.

knee jerk? I just briefly described the role of an assistant coach. I left out the hours of film study and such but I figured you knew all of that...? Edited by YoloinOhio

he isn't the DC, it doesn't matter. He's just helping Rex with player development and scheme implementation. Rex's schemes and game plans, not his.

knee jerk? I just briefly described the role of an assistant coach. I left out the hours of film study and such but I figured you knew all of that...?

That doesn't sound like a brief description of the role of a AC. Not trying to nitpick, just thought it was a little early to jump to conclusions on what his role will be and you seemed pretty certain.

Edited by jmc12290

That doesn't sound like a brief description of the role of a AC. Not trying to nitpick, just thought it was a little early to jump to conclusions on what his role will be and you seemed pretty certain.

no, sorry - didn't mean to sound certain, just what a defensive assistant does. In general. Don't have any reason to think he's doing anything super special. Anthony Lynn is a AHC as well.

Personally I'm hoping he takes over the LBs.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I don't think we should freak out about this (but who am I kidding, of course you all will). He's not gonna be a DC. He has had success in the past being a LBs coach for the pats and he's been a half decent DC in the past occasionally. We are essentially getting the experience of a DC in some assistant Dline or LBs coach. I don't think this is a good move, but it's got more upside than anyone here seems to be giving it credit.

Probably have a food truck parked on the sidelines at SJF

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82804196/article/rob-ryan-follows-brother-rex-in-having-lapband-surgery

Rob Ryan 1, Lap Band 0.

The Ryan Belly is Back! Can Fat Rex be far behind? Ryan mojo comes from the gut. 2016 = Year of the Busted Band! We're talkin' playoffs, baby ...

I've blasted Rex for quite a while, but I'm changing my tune- Embrace the Circus! Bring on "Hard Knocks"; sign Tim Tebow; sign Ray Rice; sign Michael Sam; sign Greg Hardy. Spend the Pegulas' money- sign every big-name free agent you can lure in. Erect a statue of O.J. in front of the stadium. Place Roger Goodell's name on the Wall of Fame. Make it organizational policy that Tom Brady be publicly referred to as "the fag" from here on out. Even if this team is .500 or worse, if we're a sideshow, who the hell cares! We haven't been to the playoffs since Clinton was president. So let's embrace the Circus!

Quality meltdown. Get it all out. Good stuff on Tom Brady