The BEST talk radio debate I have ever heard! The Bills

mellaman101

I love my Sirius for Howard Stern but also tapped into Maddog sports for their sport talk. I will say this, it is a well put together program.

This mornings debate was the Steelers game from last night but the Bills were brought in the mix with the issues of Jerry Hughes costing us dumb yardage on his antics on the field. Funny thing was brought into question was coaching and how much rope Rex gives his players with their mouths and actions. One guy said there is NO rope or discipline with his teams. Also I though was great. Andy Reid. EVERYONE agreed that if Reid was the head coach of the Bills, this team would be unstoppable at this point and well into a superbowl contender. Jack Stempy from Pittsburgh said with Reid, there is a great chance Buffalo would of been on their second SB. Everyone said we are OVERLOADED with talent but its not the computer that works, its the brains behind it.....

Just thought I would share this with you all

Go Sabres and Bills guys.

More ammo for my "brains matter" argument I've made here for years. Smart players are teachable and that can overcome less than freakish talent (See many Patriots players) and some players like Hughes will never get it, they lack the emotional and intellectual intelligence. And as was evident with Burfict and Jones last night, they're team killers.

More ammo for my "brains matter" argument I've made here for years. Smart players are teachable and that can overcome less than freakish talent (See many Patriots players) and some players like Hughes will never get it, they lack the emotional and intellectual intelligence. And as was evident with Burfict and Jones last night, they're team killers.

One of the guys on ESPN made a good comment along these lines last night. Football is a tough game for tough people. But it's also a smart game for smart people. I thought that was a great way to put it.

Can't have too much stupid in the room, heard that quote last night not sure who said it but yeah, makes sense

Team killers man, this is why smarts are now HUGE factors in the draft. Sad fact is that some of these dumb players are great ones. But are they great because they will put themselves in harms way on the field at any odds or just great athletes?

Team killers man, this is why smarts are now HUGE factors in the draft. Sad fact is that some of these dumb players are great ones. But are they great because they will put themselves in harms way on the field at any odds or just great athletes?

A friend (girl, not gf) of mine was talking to an NFL RB one night and asked him what he went to college for and his response was...football. Naturally she asked yeah but what did u study in college and he said...football. Dude is dumb as a rock apparently but he can play.

A friend (girl, not gf) of mine was talking to an NFL RB one night and asked him what he went to college for and his response was...football. Naturally she asked yeah but what did u study in college and he said...football. Dude is dumb as a rock apparently but he can play.

It is what is wrong with college athletics but will always be there

As a student advisor (not so much now in the graduate world but back when I was an undergraduate advisor) I ROUTINELY helped college coaches fill out the registrations of their student athletes because the student's themselves could not be trusted to take a class that was too difficult that might hurt their GPA (or could not be bothered with it at all)

But......every once in a great while...you get that student athlete that gets it......they come into the office to enroll in their classes......did their own work.....those kids were always a pleasure to work with.

woah, woah woah stop the clock. i've never listened to mad dog and only heard clips of his in sports media segments. his argument and familiarity with ryan is obvious because of his ny ties but to compare reid and any other coach to a situation on another team is not fair.

the amount of coaching experience is prevalent. reid, lewis, kelly, all of these names mean something and at a time where we were lost on a path we did not know we chose marrone. we did not get worse. not until we chose ryan.

I love my Sirius for Howard Stern but also tapped into Maddog sports for their sport talk. I will say this, it is a well put together program.

This mornings debate was the Steelers game from last night but the Bills were brought in the mix with the issues of Jerry Hughes costing us dumb yardage on his antics on the field. Funny thing was brought into question was coaching and how much rope Rex gives his players with their mouths and actions. One guy said there is NO rope or discipline with his teams. Also I though was great. Andy Reid. EVERYONE agreed that if Reid was the head coach of the Bills, this team would be unstoppable at this point and well into a superbowl contender. Jack Stempy from Pittsburgh said with Reid, there is a great chance Buffalo would of been on their second SB. Everyone said we are OVERLOADED with talent but its not the computer that works, its the brains behind it.....

Speculation Of course but nice post. And thanks for keeping the kool-aid in the fridge. other than Ryan maybe keeping his trap shut and his crazy rhetoric down next season. IMO don't expect much of a change especially in game day management. The D will improve but the clown will need to change some philosophy's Continuity be dammed.

I am in the minority but always was a fan of Reid. Doing more with less. Seeing Smith in a superbowl would be crazy, since he got crapped on in SF. i'll take a low key HC over a sub .500 clown personality every time.

Andy Reid 161-110-1 Zero Superbowl wins.

rex ryan 56-58. Zero superbowl wins.

I really think the talent on this team is over rated. If you do an objective comparison to other NFL rosters, I feel we are in the 15-23 range. Our record reflects that

Is it the BEST because you agree with it?

Man, I think we are being a bit harsh with Hughes, he certainly has had some bad

penalties but he is not the dirtball that apparently Burfcit is.

I think Jerry actually did reel it in a good bit as the season went on, and I would

say that he was the defensive MVP.