Worse to be a Bills fan or a Bengals fan right now?

Big Turk

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. That's not what you said.

In your own words, you said "IMO you'd have to be crazy to think that being a perennial playoff team is worse than making them for 16 years"

Not once did you refer to being a fan. So you're saying the Texans, who made the playoffs are better than us. I'd disagree with that.

Since the entire topic is about being a fan, if you couldn't figure out that that's what I was referring to that's your problem.

Would rather never be in the playoffs again, than be a classless, undisciplined group of thugs that are an embarrassment to the league and the city they represent.

Wait...I just described the Bills under Rex.

What are you talking about? And in your response please provide specific examples.....

Since the entire topic is about being a fan, if you couldn't figure out that that's what I was referring to that's your problem.

How are you disagreeing with me? LOL.

I'm just repeating what you said in your exact words and you didn't mention fan once.

IMO you'd have to be crazy to think that being a perennial playoff team is worse than making them for 16 years"

You're talking about a perennial playoff team. not fans so don't twist your own words around to try and fix what you said. lol.

It's OK to be wrong. lol

Edited by QuoteTheRaven83

Gee...let me think...

Uh...leading the league in penalties?

Undisciplined at times yes, classless group of thugs who are an embarrassment to the league and the city they represent....again, I ask for specific examples. Why don't you start by identifying the thugs first.

How are you disagreeing with me? LOL.

I'm just repeating what you said in your exact words and you didn't mention fan once.

IMO you'd have to be crazy to think that being a perennial playoff team is worse than making them for 16 years"

You're talking about a perennial playoff team. not fans so don't twist your own words around to try and fix what you said. lol.

It's OK to be wrong. lol

Like I said, if you can't figure out I meant the fan experience since that's the point of this whole thread despite the word fan not appearing in my post, that's your problem, not mine. And since you can't even manage to quote me correctly, perhaps you should look in the mirror when saying it's ok to be wrong.

Bengals fans have it worse IMO.

First of all, zero playoff WINS since 1990. 1990!

Second, they always have great seasons and good teams lately. Then they lose in the first round EVERY TIME. They also cannot win in prime time.

Third, this season Dalton was going to be in the MVP conversation before his injury. He was playing exceptionally well. The he suffers a freak injury, against the hated Steelers (of course) and ends up missing out on his chance for playoff redemption and pretty much ensured another loss for the Bengals in the post-season. At home. To the hated Steelers.

Fourth, the team melted down and embarrassed themselves and the league. It's one thing to get beat. It's another to act in a totally dumb and self-destructive fashion that costs you a playoff win in prime time.

Bengals fans call their drought 25 years and counting.

Dalton is really, really good. But in Benglasy fashion he gets hurt just in time on a freak play to not be able to play in the playoffs.

The Bills just aren't very good right now and got beat. Sure they committed some dumb penalties, but what happened last night was straight up dangerous and embarrassing to the league. Marvin Lewis had zero control over his team.

Finally, anyone who thinks that only the Bills "invent heartbreaking ways to lose" is proven wrong, again!

I would rather be a Bills fan right now. We're about to go on a run with Tyrod!

Undisciplined at times yes, classless group of thugs who are an embarrassment to the league and the city they represent....again, I ask for specific examples. Why don't you start by identifying the thugs first.

Bottom line: Bills under Rex are a mirror of what Cinci has become.

We are the opposite of what Marv had always said: "don't play dumb, don't play dirty"

Bills under Rex play both dumb and dirty.

You may not be embarrassed by that kind of play, but I am. I'm frankly embarrassed to say I'm a bills fan right now. I never felt that way through all the SB losses, but I feel that way now with Rex.

Coach with no class = team with no class

Rex wants to build a bully team

Ask the Cinci fans today how happy and proud they are of their bully team....

Rex is a far better coach than Marvin Lewis.

Marvin is a great guy, and a smart guy. But he is also a freaking pushover. He's a big baby. That's the word on him.

Rex has a big mouth and is a player's coach but he certainly is not a pushover or a baby.

The Bills haven't done anything even remotely like what we saw last night.

We are the opposite of what Marv had always said: "don't play dumb, don't play dirty"

You may not be embarrassed by that kind of play, but I am. I'm frankly embarrassed to say I'm a bills fan right now. I never felt that way through all the SB losses, but I feel that way now with Rex.

So dramatic.

I would rather have a team with a winning record that makes the playoffs as opposed to missing them for the last 16 seasons.....

The bolded part makes absolutely no sense

Sure it does. We don't know what will happen when the Bills make the playoffs but we do know what's going to happen when the Bengals do....one and done every time.

Again, I am asking you to provide specifics starting with identifying who the classless Bills thugs are? It is really a simple question yet you answer with a generalized and very emotional response.

Edited by Flutie Flakes

The Bills penalties were mostly dumb, like holding every single punt/kickoff return. Illegal formations. False starts. Delay of games.

Even the PF penalties when they were an issue were a couple of guys talking crap and shoving.

The Bengals (and the Steelers) were blatantly trying to hurt each other with cheap shots. Coaches were getting involved.

For crying out loud, the refs formed a dividing line at midfield to keep the teams apart before the game!

No comparison at all. Some just want to take every opportunity to bash the Bills.

Honestly a Cinci fan- it was shameful what that team did last night and then the fans throwing stuff on the field and and big Ben when he was hurt. At least we do our dirty stuff in the lots pre game and during lol

This has and would happen again in Buffalo. As far back as 1975, Chuck Forman got hit in the eye by a fan-thrown snowball. I was at that game and it was a magical toss. Really, really freak occurrence, but nevertheless a classless move. I'm sure if last night's game was the Bills in OP and a hated team's QB got taken off the field, there would be cheers and debris raining down from some knuckleheads.

It is much worse being a Buffalo Bills fan simply because of 16 years man, 16 years! The last time the Buffalo Bills finished the season with more than 10 wins was 1999!

At least, the Bungals getting in the playoffs gives a glimmer of hope that your team will make it to the SB. And the Cleveland Browns, at least, had 10 wins in 2007. Then they went to the playoffs in 2002.

The Buffalo Bills currently lead the league in not getting to the playoffs,

National Football League 1. Buffalo Bills

Marcell-Dareus-Jared-Wickerham-Getty-Ima

Jared Wickerham/Getty Images

Last Playoff Appearance: 1999

It’s somewhat hard to believe the Bills have fallen on such hard times given their dominance of the 1990s. They recently decided to bench quarterback EJ Manuel in favor of Kyle Orton, which is a move that displays continued uncertainty at the most important position in the game. A solid defense may not be enough to end this drought in 2014. 2015.2016

http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/3-longest-playoff-droughts-in-each-major-american-sport.html/?a=viewall

Edited by Nihilarian