Adam Schefter Confidence Meter

It's very easy to talk yourself into a narrative. I doubt these owners and GM's scrambling to hire the best HC available are wasting their time interviewing Doug Marrone as just a favor to the agents. But hey, if you assume that's true, everything else fits!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's very easy to talk yourself into a narrative. I doubt these owners and GM's scrambling to hire the best HC available are wasting their time interviewing Doug Marrone as just a favor to the agents. But hey, if you assume that's true, everything else fits!

An absolutely good post. Well said. Your are a voice of common sense!

As Bills fans we

This is where you lose me; I don't really see you posting in any other threads other than the ones with Marrone. You joined as soon as he opted out, and only post when the fans here have a thread about Dougie...You can't call yourself a Bills fan...

Once again your post makes no sense and sounds like frat boy trash talk. You sound like one tortured soul about this. You seem obsessed with Marrone with your recurring fantasies about him..my guess is you haven't slep much this past year just imagining bad things happening to him.....the OP is about an assertion that the real reason behind Marrone being seen as a top HC candidate is, somehow, the influence of Adam Schefter. Do you have anything to say about the thread itself? I would be genuinely interested in hearing it.

Some advice, of course take it or leave it as you please, let go of your obsession with Marrone. You may be heading towards a CVA. As Bills fans we have enough to worry about with the buffoon HC the Pegulas hired.

He didn't say Scheffter has influence - he said he's a whore. Pretty big difference if you'll take the time to understand what's being discussed.

The narrative being circulated (by Schefter, then to other media outlets, and as a result to team owners) is exactly that: "Doug Marrone is a hot commodity and you better interview him before someone else hires him". Schefter is a "market maker" in this thing we call "NFL Coaching Searches" and my point (which has become bastardized) is that Marrone doesn't deserve the Schefter kiss of approval....he is whoring out Marrone for his own gratification (and that of his agent).

Mojo can cry, scream and thump his chest all he wants, but Schefter is a showman with very little football knowledge. He's a 6th grade girl gossiping at the lunch table and hopes his buddy lands a job to support his own premature projections of where Doug might fall (in the Top 3 coaching candidates).

Did Schefter hear anything about Marrone going to Miami?? Little late now Adam....BOOM!! Gase is the Dolphins coach

According to Schefter's projections, Dougie should have the next gig

The narrative being circulated (by Schefter, then to other media outlets, and as a result to team owners) is exactly that: "Doug Marrone is a hot commodity and you better interview him before someone else hires him". Schefter is a "market maker" in this thing we call "NFL Coaching Searches" and my point (which has become bastardized) is that Marrone doesn't deserve the Schefter kiss of approval....he is whoring out Marrone for his own gratification (and that of his agent).

Mojo can cry, scream and thump his chest all he wants, but Schefter is a showman with very little football knowledge. He's a 6th grade girl gossiping at the lunch table and hopes his buddy lands a job to support his own premature projections of where Doug might fall (in the Top 3 coaching candidates).

Okay, so you think that Marrone is getting interviews purely because a couple of tweets, instead of GM's and owners doing their due diligence? Seems to be less likely to me. What about all the terrible HC candidates that get interviewed? What conspiracy explanation do we have for them?

Edited by FireChan

The NFL really doesn't have a very good process for identifying potential coaching talent. This is similar to the stone ages of scouting where teams would pick a player based on news articles. So while the player evaluation has moved to the 21st century, the vetting process for coaching prospects is still ancient.

I think there's a clear conflict for an agency to represent players, coaches & journalists. And that's why you have so many coaching flame outs and retreads serially interviewing. But as long as the owners are ok throwing out millions down the drain it won't change.

He didn't say Scheffter has influence - he said he's a whore. Pretty big difference if you'll take the time to understand what's being discussed.

Shhh, let Mrs. Marrone figure it out.

I think we all know Schefter and Doug Marrone share the same agent (Jimmy Sexton).

On three different radio shows, I have heard Schefter spout off on how Marrone is seen as a top 3-4 candidate to fill a coaching vacancy (there are now 6 coaching vacancies).

Sooooo, if Schefter's "insight" is really a product of his highly respected "NFL Insider" status, we should be hearing something soon.

On the other hand, if Marrone doesn't get a head coaching job, Schefter will be seen as nothing but a whore. The question is, will anyone call him out on his whorish tendencies (shilling for Marrone because they share an agent and a Marrone hiring helps Sexton, which then helps Schefter).

Not sure what it is but the Schefter Marrone love fest really bugs me...especially because I don't believe one other Owner/GM in the league sees Marrone as a top 3-4 (let alone Top 10) head coaching candidate.

Schefter is a snake oil salesman and will lose all credibility if Marrone doesn't land a HC job.

This thread needs a pole.

This is where you lose me; I don't really see you posting in any other threads other than the ones with Marrone. You joined as soon as he opted out, and only post when the fans here have a thread about Dougie...You can't call yourself a Bills fan...

I absolutely do post in other threads. Also, note that I have never started a post about Marrone. I only respond to them. So you're challenging my Bills pedigree? I've been a Bills fan literally since day one of the franchise growing up in Niagara Falls. Became a fully informed fan at age 10 in 1963 when the Bills finished second to the Boston Patriots led by Babe Parelli. Shall I go on.

So, you're way out of line calling me out about my "fanship". You know nothing about me. BTW, I started posting here not after Marrone left but after they hired Ryan. At that time I thought it would turn out badly. Also, Mr Fan Police, this season, like every season since 1963 I've rooted for the Bills and wanted Rex to succeed. So yes, I am a Marrone fan. I believe he got run out of town. I respond to threads like this because it's just another bizarre jab to taken at him because many fans just can't stand that he is seen around the league as a top HC candidate. I'm very happy to let the Marrone thing go but I can't let a thread like this one go by without commenting. Are we clear, now? Do I satisfy your criteria to be a Bills fan?

So, now let's hear your pedigree to see if you pass muster.

I absolutely do post in other threads. Also, note that I have never started a post about Marrone. I only respond to them. So you're challenging my Bills pedigree? I've been a Bills fan literally since day one of the franchise growing up in Niagara Falls. Became a fully informed fan at age 10 in 1963 when the Bills finished second to the Boston Patriots led by Babe Parelli. Shall I go on.

So, you're way out of line calling me out about my "fanship". You know nothing about me. BTW, I started posting here not after Marrone left but after they hired Ryan. At that time I thought it would turn out badly. Also, Mr Fan Police, this season, like every season since 1963 I've rooted for the Bills and wanted Rex to succeed. So yes, I am a Marrone fan. I believe he got run out of town. I respond to threads like this because it's just another bizarre jab to taken at him because many fans just can't stand that he is seen around the league as a top HC candidate. I'm very happy to let the Marrone thing go but I can't let a thread like this one go by without commenting. Are we clear, now? Do I satisfy your criteria to be a Bills fan?

I really don't care about Marrone of Schefter but your posts come off as if they are personal for you.

IMO

Mojo can cry, scream and thump his chest all he wants, but Schefter is a showman with very little football knowledge. He's a 6th grade girl gossiping at the lunch table and hopes his buddy lands a job to support his own premature projections of where Doug might fall (in the Top 3 coaching candidates). Did Schefter hear anything about Marrone going to Miami?? Little late now Adam....BOOM!! Gase is the Dolphins coach

According to Schefter's projections, Dougie should have the next gig

No, not any of those things you say I am. Certainly not screaming and thumping. Not close. You still have no real proof about your thread and I think you know it. This is when the personal attacks come in, when you're really out of ammo. I swear, you and some other posters hate Marrone so much that you really do seem to be obsessed and tortured souls about him.. I'll bet you have a little Marrone voodoo doll you stick pins into on a daily basis...LOL.

Okay, so you think that Marrone is getting interviews purely because a couple of tweets, instead of GM's and owners doing their due diligence? Seems to be less likely to me. What about all the terrible HC candidates that get interviewed? What conspiracy explanation do we have for them?

I think his beef is that Schefter comments that Marrone is a top 3-4 head coaching candidate. Other than sharing a connection to their agent, does Schefter report that any front office football decision maker is saying this? If not, then it is a fair criticism.

Once again your post makes no sense and sounds like frat boy trash talk. You sound like one tortured soul about this. You seem obsessed with Marrone with your recurring fantasies about him..my guess is you haven't slep much this past year just imagining bad things happening to him.....the OP is about an assertion that the real reason behind Marrone being seen as a top HC candidate is, somehow, the influence of Adam Schefter. Do you have anything to say about the thread itself? I would be genuinely interested in hearing it.

Some advice, of course take it or leave it as you please, let go of your obsession with Marrone. You may be heading towards a CVA. As Bills fans we have enough to worry about with the buffoon HC the Pegulas hired.

Well let this frat boy know when you get promoted past the jags OL. Jim Bob Cooter is a hotter coach than you.

Why are you so emotional ? It's not a good look. Don't project your nonsense onto me.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

No, not any of those things you say I am. Certainly not screaming and thumping. Not close. You still have no real proof about your thread and I think you know it. This is when the personal attacks come in, when you're really out of ammo. I swear, you and some other posters hate Marrone so much that you really do seem to be obsessed and tortured souls about him.. I'll bet you have a little Marrone voodoo doll you stick pins into on a daily basis...LOL.

You seem to be a one trick pony.

Marrone did not get run out of town.

HE QUIT.

WE DISAGREE. I remember my first beer, too. I can also yell but prefer not to.

You seem to be a one trick pony.[/quot

The OP is the one trick pony. Marrone bashing as a lifestyle. LOL

It's not a bizarre jab at him and he didn't get run out of town...he QUIT! He informed everyone via text.

Maybe it is a mistake on my part, but I really don't recall you posting in any thread/post that doesn't pertain to Doug, If you are so outraged and defending of coaches who "were ran out of town" why no posts about Mularkey? Why no posts about Donahoe who was also "ran out of town", or Greggo etc...