Is this racist?

We have a new supervisor at work who is having trouble remembering names. Sometimes he tries to guess; he'll ask for John instead of Joe, Jose instead of Juan, etc, most people respond since he's pretty close.

Yesterday he was trying to remember Tayesha's name and called her Shamiqua. She got offended: calling him racist. Do you agree?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You should have led with that... It's 2016, only white people can be racist, remember?

Incorrect. Being a racist has nothing to do with skin color and everything to do with political party affiliation.

The low-info nutbags recite their SoProg talking point all the time: not all Republicans are racists, but all racists are Republicans.

That's probably why there are so many independents nowadays.

It's really the only grown up way to approach modern day politics. Both sides are virtually identical in practice once in office -- both bought and paid for by the same special interests -- the only difference is whom they blame for our current woes. The goal is to keep everyone fighting with each other, bickering about bullshite wedge points designed to keep us enraged (on both sides) so we don't notice how !@#$ing corrupt the system actually is.

It's a big game. A rigged game. And we're losing. Badly.

I don't think it's possible to generalize by race personally. I think it's an individual by individual thing. But that's me.

Agree, but if there was a racism test given to a large sample of people - I'd wager heavily that whites would be the lowest percentage. Such a test would probably be deemed racist itself so the results would not be reliable.

I once caught a guy going through our dumpster after hours and making a mess in the parking lot. I am white, he was not. I politely told him to leave. He told me that he didn't need my permission to go through garbage (on my property) and then he called me a racist. I challenged him on the racist comment and he gave me an earful on why I was a racist. Never met him before that moment.