You won't believe- The Bills are THE ONLY TEAM IN THE AFC...

C'mon man. We went 1-3 against the NFC Least. We lost to the @#$%ing Jags. This was the easiest schedule we've had in 5 years and we still couldn't get it done. Gonna be real fun next year against the NFC West. But by all means, let's keep cueing up the excuses.

Well said. Jags in London was a gift. It was practically a home game for the Bills judging by the crowd.

Next year is going to be awful unless Palmer and Lynch retire.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We did have some bad timing this year. The Chiefs, for example, were terrible to start the year, then found their game. The Bills played them when they were doing well. The Bills played the Giants when they were doing well, early on, and the Jet played the Giants after the Giants had collapsed. So it goes. That isn't the league screwing the Bills, it's just bad luck.

Any team that loses to Jacksonville shouldn't blame anyone else for their failures. Tough scheduling affects all teams. The high number of teams coming off byes or longer weeks to play the Bills is a recurring issue but get a straw - and suck it up. Deal with it, and win, so we get more of the Thursday night games, to get longer weeks for ourselves.

In contrast we had 2 home games to start and two to finish. That gave us a shot.

The teams coming off extra rest thing is more of an issue. The last 3 years we have been in the top 3 for opponents rest before playing us. How the league can justify it always being us that takes the "compromise" I have no idea.

I think it's a combination. Being on the road that long and not having your home fans boost you up is disheartening. You also don't have the same advantages of home practice and getting into a routine, seeing your family, conditioning, etc... Plus home filed usually guarantees a few less officiating calls go against you.

Bad coaching adds to it, but all of these things together add up. And over the course of six weeks it makes a difference. A little more focus and energy and we beat the Eagles and Kansas City.

Coaching losses go to Jacksonville (EJ included) and the NY Giants, possibly second NE game.

Losing to a better team, Cincy, NE. I honestly think this was an 10-12 win team that could have hung with the top teams in the AFC. Rex screwed up the defense, but despite him we had the talent to win.

I agree. Yes, we wuz robbed again. The schedule was a real hurdle this season in the way it was laid out and Rex was adamant about it every time. Another intangible -that can't be verified, but can't be denied, are penalties called on the Road team. Every team -even us- get favorable, if suspicious, calls at Home. It typically is among the most cheered aspect of a game. 5 of 6 Road games? You're very likely not gonna have a winning record in this stretch.

It is result of playing the majority of the home games at the beginning of the season. IMO this is done intentionally to get a full stadium. The weather starts getting bad in November and they are usually eliminated from the playoffs by then. Its difficult to get people to the stadium for a team that is out of the playoffs especially when the weather is terrible.

I think it's a combination. Being on the road that long and not having your home fans boost you up is disheartening. You also don't have the same advantages of home practice and getting into a routine, seeing your family, conditioning, etc... Plus home filed usually guarantees a few less officiating calls go against you.

Bad coaching adds to it, but all of these things together add up. And over the course of six weeks it makes a difference. A little more focus and energy and we beat the Eagles and Kansas City.

Coaching losses go to Jacksonville (EJ included) and the NY Giants, possibly second NE game.

Losing to a better team, Cincy, NE. I honestly think this was an 10-12 win team that could have hung with the top teams in the AFC. Rex screwed up the defense, but despite him we had the talent to win.

How about winning at home against the Giants and Patriots.

It is result of playing the majority of the home games at the beginning of the season. IMO this is done intentionally to get a full stadium. The weather starts getting bad in November and they are usually eliminated from the playoffs by then. Its difficult to get people to the stadium for a team that is out of the playoffs especially when the weather is terrible.

And yet we played two games at home to close out the season

OPERATION DEMORALIZE BUFFALO! ( BILLS AND FANS ) AN NFL CONSPIRACY OR NOT?

#1 - GIVE THEM A DAUNTING SCHEDULE FULL OF OBSTACLE COURSES!

A - Give the Bills a front loaded home schedule starting with the AFC Championship teams ( Indy & Pats )

B - Within that Home Schedule we insert 3gms in first 5weeks against extra rested teams. Giving great coaches Like Belicheck and Coughlin extra time to prepare.

C - Add a Massive Road Gm stretch 5 out of 6 gms with primetime gms on the road against division opponents ( Jets and Pats ).

#2- Flags, Flags and more Flags.

During Operation Demoralize especially at the beginning of the season the flags were flying from the skies like white phosphorus falling over Gaza. This Flag fest made the Bills play on there heels as if they were walking on egg shells that were already cracked. Instead of doing film work in preparation of upcoming opponents the Bills were doing pushups and looking at bracelets with slogans on them.

#3 - Just give it to them

I'm not gonna get into full detail of what just give it to them meant but plays that were iffy like the pass interference call on Robey vs the Jags. Marvin Jones catch that hit the floor vs Bengals or Chris Hogans catch vs Chiefs, Dennards int in Giants gm he was clearly out of bounds are just examples of plenty of 50/50 calls that ended up going against us.

Well if anyone got anything else to add to Operation Demoralize please feel free to....

When the schedule came out I knew that 6 game stretch was going to be the make or break time for the Bills season. With that being said there are just too many lost opportunities at home. I mean honestly beat a bad Giants team at home & Jacksonville in a neutral site game & we are in the playoffs. It really was that simple.

....to have to play 3 games in a row and 5 of 6 ON THE ROAD.

We never even got 3 in a row at home.

Here's the grind.

Thu Nov 12
W 22 - 17 at NYJ

RECAP

Mon Nov 23
L 20 - 13 at NE

RECAP

Sun Nov 29
L 30 - 22 at KC

RECAP

Sun Dec 6
W 30 - 21 HOU

RECAP

Sun Dec 13
L 23 - 20 at PHI

RECAP

Sun Dec 20
L 35 - 25 at WAS

RECAP

Miami also played 3 in a row on the road but only 4 of 5 on the road total.

NY or NE never played more than 2 in a row on the road.

Even Tennessee who played 4 games in a row AT HOME, never had a stretch of more than 3 of 4 on the road.

Can you imagine if the Dallas home game was placed in between the Eagles and Skins and the Houston home game was played before KC. We lost 4 of those five pivotal games heading down the stretch and I think the schedule contributed to the wear and tear on the players and injuries.

Being on the road that long also drains on your mental state. With all of the other problems we had, I think having this kind of schedule also weighed the team down during a crucial stretch.

We are the ONLY TEAM in the AFC with this grind and may be the ONLY TEAM in the NFL.

I have to check NFC schedules.

I believe a rule needs to be added to the scheduling committee to make scheduling more fair to all teams. The rule should state that no team may be on the road or at home for more than 2 weeks in a row. This would level the field and not create unfair scheduling practices.

so? we sucked at home.

When the schedule came out I knew that 6 game stretch was going to be the make or break time for the Bills season. With that being said there are just too many lost opportunities at home. I mean honestly beat a bad Giants team at home & Jacksonville in a neutral site game & we are in the playoffs. It really was that simple.

Thing is though, the Giants were clearly the better team that day from beginning to end. Sure, their overall record -and losing their HC- suggests they weren't 'all that'. But on that 'any given Sunday', we weren't going to beat them.

Nothing new the League always screws us with the schedule. They always say it was NECESSARY to make the schedule work and compromises need to be made. Funny thing is, the leagues elite NEVER have these things happen. Only change next year will be the Bills play 9 road games to make schedule work. :sick:

Actually, we got a break as the London game was really a neutral site game buy was one of our away games.

Interesting.

Two thoughts come to mind...

1. the stack of road games is an opportunity for the Bills to actually get good at them, because they'll be second nature

2. so many road games in one chunk.. must mean the Bills have a large chunk of home games

I know threads like this tend to bring out "internet muscles" more than others, but scheduling plays much more of a factor in team success in the NFL then most people realize or are willing to accept.

This next part is IMO, but Its also much more of an issue when it comes to the "haves" vs. "have nots" of the league then anyone will admit.

Interesting.

Two thoughts come to mind...

1. the stack of road games is an opportunity for the Bills to actually get good at them, because they'll be second nature

2. so many road games in one chunk.. must mean the Bills have a large chunk of home games

Unfortunately #2 never materialized, we never played more than 2 in a row at home. it came out to 5 of 8 but never such a streak like on the road. No other team in the NFL came close to a road stretch like this.