Whaley signs multi-year extension with Bills

YoloinOhio

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-Rex Ryan wasn't hired to have a year of rebuilding. If the assumption was the RR and Whaley would need a year to get on the same page, it was a lie. If it wasn't, it was a failure.

Not disputing that but here we sit....it is about next year now.

-I never said he wasn't a problem, but he wasn't the only problem, as you seem to believe.

There is nowhere...in any of my posts....that you can point to and say that I said Mario was the only problem. Your reaching.

-Yes it does. As I alluded to before, RR was hired to "win now." Not to rebuild a defense. Not to have grSowing pains.

See point one. You are correct in that they are in win now mode.....BUT if they right the ship going into year 2 they will point to all the injuries and Rex will not be considered a bad hire.

-So, even though this year is considered a total failure, and a huge part of hiring Rex was to make a splash and not have his first year be a total failure, it may be considered a good hire, because it's next year now? That's an argument made on hope while ignoring 5 years of history. Not one I'd make, but you're welcome to it.

-It appeared as though that's what you were saying in your post below. If not, I don't understand what you were trying to say.

-So hope and ignoring 5 years of history it is. Okay. Let's hope you're right, but I highly doubt it.

So next time you tell me I'm only right because I was being negative, we'll pull this one up, okay? Because from where I'm sitting, you'll be wrong by virtue of being positive against all odds.

Either let go or promote someone over him and RR. I loathe the organizational set-up right now. Both Rex and Whaley independently reporting to Pegs is not ideal.

That depends if RR and DW are not working well with EACH OTHER......if they are then it is a very good situation.

It's a tough situation because I wouldn't have put myself into it to begin with, so it's hard to say how to move forward. Either you force Rex onto a GM/czar type (again, not ideal) or you have this disjointed mess. I don't believe that Whaley is happy with how the defense he has basically built (along with Buddy) has been rendered ineffective. I believe in the reports that there is organizational friction on Mario and some other defensive players.

There is a very strong possibility that Mario might be the problem here as well and was just a malconent.........I dont know this for sure and this next season will def answer that question.

However, I believe Whaley wanted Rex here and played a fundamental role in his hiring. That's a contentious point to many, but operating under that assumption, I fire Whaley for such an egregious error, and I try to hire someone happy with Rex.

Can we not act like they didnt do a extensive hiring search and that they interviewed SEVERAL before settling in on Rex Ryan.....and then can we also act like 1 year does not a bad coaching hire make? It has been ONE year.

Edited by FireChan

-So, even though this year is considered a total failure, and a huge part of hiring Rex was to make a splash and not have his first year be a total failure, it may be considered a good hire, because it's next year now? That's an argument made on hope while ignoring 5 years of history. Not one I'd make, but you're welcome to it.

-It appeared as though that's what you were saying in your post below. If not, I don't understand what you were trying to say.

-So hope and ignoring 5 years of history it is. Okay. Let's hope you're right, but I highly doubt it.

So next time you tell me I'm only right because I was being negative, we'll pull this one up, okay? Because from where I'm sitting, you'll be wrong by virtue of being positive against all odds.

Yes I am hoping that Rex can turn things around and get us into the playoffs next season

Simple as that

Lets hope that Rex can figure out what when wrong with this defense.....and that TT can continue to improve into his 2nd starting year.

In the world where Pegula doesn't care about mere money and tosses it around like confetti

I believe he is very careful in his decisions. Which is good for Bills, Sabres, and whatever music label that is...

He ain't lighting his cigars with c-notes.

We had great end of year meetings with Russ, Rex and Doug and are already working on next season. #LetsGoBills

Bills sign GM Doug Whaley to contract extension

0110-whaley-extension.jpg

Bills ownership voiced their commitment to the tandem of Doug Whaley and Rex Ryan just over a week ago. This weekend they made that commitment official with a contract extension for Buffalo's general manager.

Good move! :thumbsup:

Very possible IMO especially if the roster pretty much remains the same.

Very possible to improve in my view asthey have enough good players. They need some tweaks in the defensive approach/personnel, continued growth from Tyrod, better injury luck, and to re-sign their own two key UFAs in Glenn/Incognito. We'll see.

If this team has an 8 and 8 next year Rex should be fired

If Rex is fired, he will not be the only one.

@john_wawrow

Person familiar with #Bills GM Whaley's contract extension tells AP it's for 3 years, coinciding with Rex's deal that runs through 2019.