Whaley signs multi-year extension with Bills

YoloinOhio

Vic says the Pegulas were very upset that the meeting info leaked and that is why the contract story leaked right after but insists his report is accurate and trusts his source.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/01/06/audio-vic-carucci-talks-pegula-whaley-and-rex-with-shredd-regan/

http://bnwordpress.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2016/01/Shredd-Ragan-WEDG-FM-Vic-Carucci-010616.mp3 (18:29)

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its possible...

However, Im not sure I buy the 'playoffs or bust' ultimatum. I would be more inclined to believe with "this team had better not take a step back" ultimatum.

Disagree. Rex and Whaley sold themselves on being "this close," IMO. They have to deliver to save their jobs.

Its possible...

However, Im not sure I buy the 'playoffs or bust' ultimatum. I would be more inclined to believe with "this team had better not take a step back" ultimatum.

vic says it was a "come to Jesus" meeting at OBD that they have "one year to get it right" in between the Washington and Dallas games.

I couldn't agree more.. It truly is insane. Obviously I don't mean first round every year but give it a shot ya know?

Yeah. I'm not saying necessarily first round either. But there should be one taken every year. Too many dinosaurs still running NFL teams.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Yeah. I'm not saying necessarily first round either. But there should be one taken every year. Too many dinosaurs still running NFL teams.

The problem with that is it takes three years to find out if these guys are any good. And you only keep two or maybe three. And you need one veteran. So you draft one every year, he never gets a chance to play or not enough of a chance, and then you cut him to make room for a new guy you just drafted. That sounds like it could work.

vic says it was a "come to Jesus" meeting at OBD that they have "one year to get it right" in between the Washington and Dallas games.

Makes sense in retrospect, especially seeing the difference in effort between the two games.

I disagree.

Draft one every year? How many roster spots should a team allocate for all of these QBs that are drafted each year? How about 4 or 5 on the practice squad? If your team has other needs to hell with those, just keep drafting QBs even if there are other prospects rated higher. Yeah OK!

Vic says the Pegulas were very upset that the meeting info leaked and that is why the contract story leaked right after but insists his report is accurate and trusts his source.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/01/06/audio-vic-carucci-talks-pegula-whaley-and-rex-with-shredd-regan/

At this point what else can Vic say? It's either that, or, "damn, they played me for a fool."

Vic has gotten so much wrong this season that it's clear he's either stretching what he's told beyond the intended meaning, or he's getting bad info.

Draft one every year? How many roster spots should a team allocate for all of these QBs that are drafted each year? How about 4 or 5 on the practice squad? If your team has other needs to hell with those, just keep drafting QBs even if there are other prospects rated higher. Yeah OK!

I would have about 4 or 5 QB's within the system every year between the practice squad and 53 man roster.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

and if you believe Vic, the same type of extension that Regier got for the Sabres. One they are willing to give and then walk away from as well, the process of billionaire owners.

Vic's explanation made some good points but I still think he or his source exaggerated the ultimatum element of playoffs or you're fired.

So...there was an alleged meeting and an ultimatum was given. This was reported. Then news of a contract for Whaley leaked...which hasn't actually happened yet. Then, the Pegulas sent a text stating the ultimatum talk was BS. Now Pegula is apparently telling (or showing) the alleged mole that he is pissed that the initial conversation leaked...not 24 hours after 'personally' denying the conversation actually took place. The 'mole' reports back to Vic again (in the middle of a great deal of public speculation about misquoted sources) and re-affirms the original claim and doubles down with the Pegulas being PO'd now about a conversation they just denied. Vic runs with this again.

All the while, several other sources are questioning Vic every step of the way with all of them 'vouching' for their own sources.

Did I miss anything?

Vic's explanation made some good points but I still think he or his source exaggerated the ultimatum element of playoffs or you're fired.

his points were even made by some of us yesterday as to how the two separate stories could in fact co-exist. I believe they can as well. But I don't think we know exactly what the "ultimatum" was or even if one took place. And, the ultimatum is what Pegs denied.

A Come to Jesus meeting the week after an embarrassing loss that officially eliminated them from the playoffs? Sure, I'll buy that. And like he says, it's not really the worst look from OBD.