Pagano - extended

Reed83HOF

Good decision by Colts.

Wonder how much is Sean Payton possibly being off the market (or another name), how much is luck wanting to keep him, and how much is the colts actually making a decision

Great decision....

Wow Grigson too

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 49s50 seconds ago

Everyone will return for the #Colts. That's coach Chuck Pagano AND GM Ryan Grigson.

50 retweets 28 likes

That though, is a head scratcher

Wonder how much is Sean Payton possibly being off the market (or another name), how much is luck wanting to keep him, and how much is the colts actually making a decision

It sure as hell is...

Are you sure Payton is off the market?

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 46m46 minutes ago

From what I'm told, the meeting between Sean Payton and GM Mickey Loomis is over. Belief on why it took so long was compensation discussion

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 46m46 minutes ago

Sean Payton's status is still in limbo. And it may not be decided tonight. But, presumably, answers are coming for the #Saints.

LOL. Kim Jung QB now not only can play crappy and be called great, he can now dictate they keep a crappy coach? That can't be real.

Rex outreached this guy a ton in the opener and that is uncommon.

Cuz. Rex. Sux.

I don't know whats crazier this or JFF...

Gregg Rosenthal @greggrosenthal 10m10 minutes ago

Wow. Irsay says Pagano pushed to have Grigson get an extension. Now they are "contractually tied" together.

42 retweets 40 likes
Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 39s40 seconds ago

#Colts owner Jim Irsay: "Bill Polian is going into the Hall of Fame. His first four years, Ryan (Grigson) has outdone him."

Edited by Reed83HOF

Really can't believe grigson got extended. And also surprised pagano got 4 years. To me, Pagano got by with Andrew Luck and being in the worst division in football. Its fair to give him another chance, but with Grigson on board I worry Pagano is still doomed.

It really made no sense to fire the HC for the GM's inability to build a line that could protect the QB. What is incredible to me is that Irsay gave the GM an extension too.

No one has ever called Irsay smart. PFT has an interesting view on this though:

"Just as Manning’s career seems to be winding down, Irsay would have had to worry about Pagano doing so well elsewhere that it would have made Irsay look stupid for letting him go — especially if the Colts had struggled under a new, high-priced, big-name coach."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/04/irsay-may-have-feared-pagano-thriving-elsewhere/