Coughlin Bill's Football Czar?

tedstrong

Coughlin wants to coach and has no experience as an NFL executive. Stop it!

who says a football czar has to be an executive? It could be a former coach, even a former player, all that matters is that they know the game well and know what's needed to be a winner. Coughlin may want to continue coaching,he may be willing to move into an executive type position, who knows. But that doesn't mean he couldn't be a good football czar for a team. He been around football a long time and won in this league. He's also been a part of a very well run organisation for a long time.

who says a football czar has to be an executive? It could be a former coach, even a former player, all that matters is that they know the game well and know what's needed to be a winner. Coughlin may want to continue coaching,he may be willing to move into an executive type position, who knows. But that doesn't mean he couldn't be a good football czar for a team. He been around football a long time and won in this league. He's also been a part of a very well run organisation for a long time.

OK. You wait for it then. :thumbsup:

Could this work? Pegula's could afford him. He could stay in NY (state).

Tom Coughlin is a great coach but is NOT a GM, a scout or top NFL talent evaluator.

The man ran a tough, well-disciplined team and managed to beat the Patriots in the SB not once but twice. If I thought it would do any good I'd start a thread to fire Ryan and hire Coughlin. Alas, the vampire still has his fangs in the owner.

OK. You wait for it then. :thumbsup:

wait for what? I never said he is going to do it, I was responding to you saying that a czar has to be an executive. A czar is going to run the team making decisions, there job would be to advise the owner on what issues he may see with the organization and help them with ideas how to fix it. He isn't going to be signing players or running the team, he will be telling the owner that it may be wiser to keep the current defence intact and suit the scheme to what they have over blowing it up to rebuild it. The Czar role is an advisory position

Coughlin wants to coach and has no experience as an NFL executive. Stop it!

He has forgotten more about football than most "experienced football executives" will ever know. I have no idea if he wants to go that way or not, but the idea is nowhere near as ridiculous as you make it sound IMO.

Fans tend to think that football is this incredibly complex thing, when in reality it is not. And the higher up you go, the simpler it becomes.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I could see Coughlin in an NFL advisory type role for sure. Maybe not a "FO czar" per se but he has seen a lot and knows what works and what doesn't in building a successful team. Having him on staff in some way, shape or form could only help IMO. Every NFL FO is structured differently so they can define the role however they want and pay whatever they want. I do not see him meshing well with Rex though. Maybe that is good, maybe not.

Edited by YoloinOhio

tombstone56, on 05 Jan 2016 - 07:51 AM, said:

what ,,you still drunk from sunday? no way . just plain stupid!!!

Personal insults? I refuse to stoop to your level. I repeat: a forum is a place for supposition and opinion. Maybe my postulation was not greatly thought out, but subjecting me to your personal rancor is, well, stupid.