2016 Draft DB thread

Beerball

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All depends on ACL for Joseph.

It's a basic ACL injury as I stated in the article. Didn't tear multiple ligaments and there isn't any reported structural/nerve damage. He tore it in the 5th week of the season so that's the timetable. Didn't prevent St. Louis from taking Gurley. He's more than just a "box" guy or a hard hitter, he's rangy, versatile and could wear a lot of hats in Rex's defense. Wouldn't shock me at all, especially considering the depth at WR/DL in the draft this year.

It's a basic ACL injury as I stated in the article. Didn't tear multiple ligaments and there isn't any reported structural/nerve damage. He tore it in the 5th week of the season so that's the timetable. Didn't prevent St. Louis from taking Gurley. He's more than just a "box" guy or a hard hitter, he's rangy, versatile and could wear a lot of hats in Rex's defense. Wouldn't shock me at all, especially considering the depth at WR/DL in the draft this year.

and Bills truly have a need.

let the whitner talk begin

Thanks for posting this Bloke! Reinforces my thoughts on Joseph (as discussed previously)and I thought Quinn was spot on in his analysis. I have never seen that sight or read Quinn before, I'll add it to my favorites. All about the rehab for Joseph.

Edited by P51

Thanks for posting this Bloke! Reinforces my thoughts on Joseph and I thought Quinn was spot on in his analysis. I have never seen that sight or read Quinn before, I'll add it to my favorites. All about the rehab for Joseph.

I have said it before but I enjoy almost everything that he does. I do not always agree with him but he is pretty analytical when it comes to the Bills. The depth of what he writes regarding the Bills is much better than the national writers. He really just understands their personnel much better.

I have said it before but I enjoy almost everything that he does. I do not always agree with him but he is pretty analytical when it comes to the Bills. The depth of what he writes regarding the Bills is much better than the national writers. He really just understands their personnel much better.

I can see why, and from this article alone he has won me over. I agree on all fronts about his depth, it's refreshing.

Thanks for posting this Bloke! Reinforces my thoughts on Joseph (as discussed previously)and I thought Quinn was spot on in his analysis. I have never seen that sight or read Quinn before, I'll add it to my favorites. All about the rehab for Joseph.

I'm less on the fence about Joseph than I was a week ago, that's for sure. The nagging doubts still persist with him but I realise I've been far too focused on a fear that might not materialise instead of appreciating the player for what he is. I thought Rob put his case across very well and it's proven to be the final nail in the coffin for my doubts. Not my first choice at 19 but the fit makes a lot of sense.

Me and Rob actually talked about Joseph 3 months ago and I was really low on him. With the injury and my concerns, I had a 4th-5th grade on him. Once I factored out my own neurotic drama, the pure talent came out as a 2nd rounder.

I'm less on the fence about Joseph than I was a week ago, that's for sure. The nagging doubts still persist with him but I realise I've been far too focused on a fear that might not materialise instead of appreciating the player for what he is. I thought Rob put his case across very well and it's proven to be the final nail in the coffin for my doubts. Not my first choice at 19 but the fit makes a lot of sense.

Me and Rob actually talked about Joseph 3 months ago and I was really low on him. With the injury and my concerns, I had a 4th-5th grade on him. Once I factored out my own neurotic drama, the pure talent came out as a 2nd rounder.

:flirt:

You want to use a #1 pick on an injured safety?

I don't think I would brag so much about that. :thumbsup::D

I never said that was my preference...I believe what I said in my response was that it would make sense as a surprise pick.

What we really ought to do is continue to ignore the league-wide trend of valuing QB, offensive skill positions, and defense significantly more than the OL (like perennial contenders NE, Pittsburgh, Seattle, Denver, Green Bay, and Indianapolis) and focus all our efforts on building an OL. It's worked so well for Cleveland, who started 1st round picks at LT, C, and RG and 2nd round picks at LG and RT in 2015. :thumbsup::D

PS--hope you're doing well...enjoy the draft.

Edited by thebandit27

I never said that was my preference...I believe what I said in my response was that it would make sense as a surprise pick.

What we really ought to do is continue to ignore the league-wide trend of valuing QB, offensive skill positions, and defense significantly more than the OL (like perennial contenders NE, Pittsburgh, Seattle, Denver, Green Bay, and Indianapolis) and focus all our efforts on building an OL. It's worked so well for Cleveland, who started 1st round picks at LT, C, and RG and 2nd round picks at LG and RT in 2015. :thumbsup::D

I just have this gut feeling that started a few days ago that Joseph may be the guy. I have no intel that is to be the case but I think back to how much the Bills loved Mark Barron and believe Joseph has some of those qualities.

I just have this gut feeling that started a few days ago that Joseph may be the guy. I have no intel that is to be the case but I think back to how much the Bills loved Mark Barron and believe Joseph has some of those qualities.

I've had the growing feeling as well--not sure if it started with your thread that I referenced above, or if that's just happenstance.

Imagine if he could match against Gronk--that would be a critical chess piece for Rex's D.

The only reason I'd be against picking Joseph that early--provided he were healthy--is that I think you can find another chess piece to match against Gronk later...like a Justin Simmons or a TJ Green. They may not have the breadth of skills that Joseph has, but both have the size, speed, and range to handle their business against the new school TEs.