2016 Draft LB thread

Beerball

I don't want Ragland in the first. This is not the 1980's

He's more versatile than people are giving him credit for.

In Rex's defense, he can play the middle in both 3-4 and 4-3 and push Brown to the weak side. That's a great scenario for us.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's more versatile than people are giving him credit for.

In Rex's defense, he can play the middle in both 3-4 and 4-3 and push Brown to the weak side. That's a great scenario for us.

Can he cover? His 40 time was not that impressive. I want athletes at LB. The 3-4 is all about athletic, attacking LBers

Can he cover? His 40 time was not that impressive. I want athletes at LB. The 3-4 is all about athletic, attacking LBers

With his background in basketball, he has great footwork. Not the fastest guy, but he has good technique. Very little wasted motion when he's keeping up with a TE or slot receiver. I'm fine with him covering tight ends. Would I rather have him blowing up runs and spying QBs/RBs all game? Yeah.

Bills were at Yannick Ngakoue's pro day today. Really good player IMO. Would be good fit as OLB.

Yes to Ngakoue on day 3.

He's raw in his pass rush skill set, but he's got great explosion traits and a very strong motor.

Between he and Matt Judon, I'm hoping one of them ends up going to Buffalo in the 5th

@RapSheet

At #NotreDame Pro Day, LB Jaylon Smith lifted for scouts. Obviously, he's limited in what he can do. Combine medical recheck will be telling

@ChrisBrownBills

Chris Brown Retweeted Ian Rapoport

24 reps for Smith, OT Ronnie Stanley 24 as well per @APGroover

I would use my second round pick (49) on Jaylon Smith. doubt he's still there.

Seriously

Morrison is Spikes-like in his 2-down projection

He's immense fun to watch because he plays like his hair is on fire. Just way too limited.

His off-field resume is even better. Punched a bouncer after giving him the 'Don't you know who I am? I AM ANTONIO!!' speech. Arrested for barking at a police dog, resisting arrest in the process. Has a tattoo that says 'Don't trust me'.

The difference though is you are using a 1st on Ragland vs. a late round pick on Morrison. They can justify a late round pick on a run stuffer.

It's pretty obvious that anyone with a 1st round grade on Ragland doesn't see him solely as a run stuffer. If Ragland is limited, Morrison has no place in the NFL.

It's pretty obvious that anyone with a 1st round grade on Ragland doesn't see him solely as a run stuffer. If Ragland is limited, Morrison has no place in the NFL.

I don't disagree. It's like comparing Goff to Brandon Allen though. Goff should be a better prospect. He's going to go 5 rounds earlier. Ragland is not limited compared to Morrison but he is when compared to other 1st rounders IMO. Edited by Kirby Jackson

I don't disagree. It's like comparing Goff to Brandon Allen though. Goff should be a better prospect. He's going to go 5 rounds earlier. Ragland is not limited compared to Morrison but he is when compared to other 1st rounders IMO.

The big toss-up is Ragland vs Lee with this class. Ragland is the smarter, cleaner technical player. Lee is the athlete.

The way I look at them, there's only one clear cut 1st round pick and it's not Lee. Potential means that they have to figure it out still. I know what Reggie is and I'm comfortable with him playing the majority of snaps. I think there's a mass disconnect between what linebackers are asked to do and what people think they're asked to do.

It's like with Paul Dawson last year. He ran slow as **** at the Combine but he's still smarter than 19-20 guys on the field at any given point. Those smarts give him the headstart and it's the same with Ragland. Lee runs 4.47, Ragland runs 4.72. If Reggie sees the play develop 0.25 seconds faster than Lee, where's the difference in 'play speed'?