2016 Draft WR/TE thread

Beerball

WR is the MOST OVER RATED position on the field......especially when you only target them 5 times a game.

here is a list of WR drafted highly (mostly 1st round) in the last two years.

what do they ALL have in common ?......NONE (but 1) are in the playoffs.

2015 -

Amari Cooper - Oak

Davante Parker - Mia

Nelson Agholor - Phi

Breshard Perriman- Bal

Devin Smith - Jets

Dorial Green Beckham - Ten

Sammy Watkins - Buf (used 2 first rounders for him)

2014-

Sammy Watkins - Buf

Mike Evans- TB

Odell Beckham Jr - Giants

Brandin Cooks - N.O.

Kelvin Benjamin - Car (only wr in playoffs)

Marquise Lee - Jax

Jordan Mathews- Phi

thats because despite what Mike Schoop wants to believe the playoff teams run the football

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@NFL_CFB

24 hours since pro day, German WR Moritz Boehringer has visits set up with 7 NFL teams. http://on.nfl.com/1ZOpwG8

Ce_SrlXVAAAsk7r.jpg

How late does this guy project to go? He seems big and fast. I know his competition was terrible (I saw the video up thread) so its harder to predict his NFL ceiling, but he should be able to take the lid off the defense right away. I'm also guessing he can block well.

How late does this guy project to go? He seems big and fast. I know his competition was terrible (I saw the video up thread) so its harder to predict his NFL ceiling, but he should be able to take the lid off the defense right away. I'm also guessing he can block well.

Going to guess that he'll be selected by a team as early as the 4th round.

Haven't gone back to read the many pages on this subject so I might be debating one that's already been put to bed, but even though most draft sites having us go defense, defense, defense, .. I wouldn't mind WR as long as it's the best one AND I don't think it's even close. Josh Doctson is by far the best WR and if he goes to a coaching staff and QB that are competent, he is going to be a star. IMO it is Doctson.... and then the next guy. Why he doesn't get the love as the best I really don't know. I know 95 % of y'all would be screaming if we got him @ #19 but he would be the most polished receiver.. Day 1, on this roster. We have more pressing needs and I'm not saying that's who Whaley should pick but the guy is very, VERY good. Go Bills !!

Haven't gone back to read the many pages on this subject so I might be debating one that's already been put to bed, but even though most draft sites having us go defense, defense, defense, .. I wouldn't mind WR as long as it's the best one AND I don't think it's even close. Josh Doctson is by far the best WR and if he goes to a coaching staff and QB that are competent, he is going to be a star. IMO it is Doctson.... and then the next guy. Why he doesn't get the love as the best I really don't know. I know 95 % of y'all would be screaming if we got him @ #19 but he would be the most polished receiver.. Day 1, on this roster. We have more pressing needs and I'm not saying that's who Whaley should pick but the guy is very, VERY good. Go Bills !!

I wouldn't be upset with Doctson. I seem to believe that WR is a much bigger need than a lot of other people around here though. The Bills currently don't have a #2 IMO.

In terms of "the most polished receiver on the roster" that is Watkins. He was as polished as just about any college WR that I can remember. Now that he has a few years working in the pros he has grown even more. Doctson is definitely a guy that can play day one but not a guy that is more polished than Sammy.

I wouldn't be upset with Doctson. I seem to believe that WR is a much bigger need than a lot of other people around here though. The Bills currently don't have a #2 IMO.

In terms of "the most polished receiver on the roster" that is Watkins. He was as polished as just about any college WR that I can remember. Now that he has a few years working in the pros he has grown even more. Doctson is definitely a guy that can play day one but not a guy that is more polished than Sammy.

I won't argue with that. Have a good one.

With Sammy and Clay as the primary weapons in the passing game and Roman's scheme being mostly run oriented, how big of a priority should WR2 be?