The Official "Unofficial" American Idol Thread

OnTheRocks

I was very surprised that Anthony didn't even make the bottom three last night. Those stupid ass pimp shoes he wore the night before should've been enough to get him voted off but his singing sucked too.  :blink:

291800[/snapback]

My fiance says its because he took his glasses off and is now cuter, and chicks will dig him more.

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From The Smoking Gun:

MARCH 31--An "American Idol" finalist was once arrested for felony domestic violence after roughing up his infant son's mother during a Valentine's Day fracas, The Smoking Gun has learned. According to police, 28-year-old Scott Savol, one of the remaining nine "Idol" contestants, was busted following a February 2001 confrontation with Michele Martin at the woman's Ohio home.

<snip>

for more, including the mug shots, follow the link:

The Smoking Gun

i wonder if he disclosed that prior to joining the contest.  If he didn't then i think he might get booted.

293683[/snapback]

Expect him to be gone before the next show.

since it is from "the smoking gun"...I will take it with a grain of salt! I was actually rooting for this guy!

293706[/snapback]

The Smoking Gun is actually quite reliable. There's another article on the topic on Entertainment Weekly...

...here

The Smoking Gun is actually quite reliable.  There's another article on the topic on Entertainment Weekly...

...here

293718[/snapback]

Late in the evening, however, Fox issued a statement saying that Savol would stay. ''Scott Savol was forthcoming to the American Idol producers and the network regarding his misdemeanor,'' the statement read. ''After reviewing the facts, in which the charges were reduced to disorderly conduct, we felt that considering Scott's honesty and his remorse, the situation did not warrant his disqualification.''

Fat !@#$ is staying...at least till he gets voted out on Wednesday, this isn't good.

The Smoking Gun is actually quite reliable.  There's another article on the topic on Entertainment Weekly...

...here

293718[/snapback]

actually you are right....I am thinking of "the onion"...lol...my bad

My current raqnkings:

1.Carrie-Has been on a hot streak and is now the perrenial favorite.

2.Bo-Had an off night but still has been a strong performer.

3.Vonzell-Most improved, and could last a long time.

4.Nikko-Slow starter has gotten a following, and could last long.

5.Anwar-Early favorite has been only average, must step up.

6.Constantine-Still a dark horse in this contest. Can he outperform Bo each week?

7.Anthony-Has struggled but had a good week.

8.Nadia-Fan base does not seem to be there. Needs to blow away audience.

9.Scott-Weak performance last week hurts, but can still come back.

<snore>

What a lame episode last night. I've been a regular Idol viewer for two seasons now, but this episode made me question why on earth I waste my time with this show.

What's next -- commercial jingles? Hymns? Gregorian chants?

:blush:

<snore>

What a lame episode last night.  I've been a regular Idol viewer for two seasons now, but this episode made me question why on earth I waste my time with this show.

What's next -- commercial jingles?  Hymns?  Gregorian chants?

297443[/snapback]

I'd have taken nursery rhymes over that crap!

Jeff

<snore>

What a lame episode last night.  I've been a regular Idol viewer for two seasons now, but this episode made me question why on earth I waste my time with this show.

What's next -- commercial jingles?  Hymns?  Gregorian chants?

297443[/snapback]

Isn't that true? It's like watching a train wreck. My wife loves this show. Irritating would be the nicest thing I could say about it. Last night they had a bunch of KIDS singing, what, show tunes? Now there's something those kids can relate to. Geesh. I refuse to watch any more of this. I'll be upstairs on my computer looking up used car ads from here on out. She can watch it if she wants to.

I don't watch American Idol, but if he is still in it, my vote is for Nikko Smith, the kid has GREATNESS running through his veins.

297449[/snapback]

Please tell me your kidding. He should have been voted off weeks ago....Oh, that's right...HE WAS!

Jeff

Last nights show was so bad, i wasn't even going to comment on it.

Scott Savol - terrible. he is lucky that Old "Anthony Holy Throat" is still in the competition. He will survive one more week.

Constantine - gah-gah-gah-gay

Carrie Underwood - her honeymoon with america is over. she has the prettiest smile ever, and i think she has a pretty good voice....but, that dear in the headlights thing is hard to get past.

Federov - for the last time....please! put a turtle neck on! Nice white pants by the way. What are you auditioning for the early bird show in the Catskills?

Bo Bice - i don't know. ok sometimes....boring sometimes. i was sort of impressed the first few weeks,...but as Randy would say..."i wasn't feelin' it dawg".

Tito...no wait...Nikko. - I am not a fan of R&B, and I never liked his father so, he should be gone.

Nadia - pretty good performer...but i still can't get past the ugly facial expressions.

Anwar - really really gah-gah-gah-gay

Vonzell - the winner walking away. i really dig her stuff! :blush:

Last nights show was so bad, i wasn't even going to comment on it.

Scott Savol - terrible.  he is lucky that Old "Anthony Holy Throat" is still in the competition.  He will survive one more week.

Constantine - gah-gah-gah-gay

Carrie Underwood - her honeymoon with america is over.  she has the prettiest smile ever, and i think she has a pretty good voice....but, that dear in the headlights thing is hard to get past.

Federov - for the last time....please!  put a turtle neck on!    Nice white pants by the way.  What are you auditioning for the early bird show in the Catskills?

Bo Bice -  i don't know.  ok sometimes....boring sometimes.  i was sort of impressed the first few weeks,...but as Randy would say..."i wasn't feelin' it dawg".

Tito...no wait...Nikko.  -  I am not a fan of R&B, and I never liked his father so, he should be gone.

Nadia - pretty good performer...but i still can't get past the ugly facial expressions.

Anwar - really really gah-gah-gah-gay

Vonzell - the winner walking away.  i really dig her stuff!    :blush:

297462[/snapback]

Prediction: Anthony, Scott and Nikko as the bottom 3. Anthony will be gone.

i wonder if he disclosed that prior to joining the contest.  If he didn't then i think he might get booted.

293683[/snapback]

I've heard that Scott was upfront with the producers about his rap sheet even prior to auditions, and they said don't worry about it. He's not going anywhere until he gets voted off, which should be soon...maybe even tonight. Boy he terrible yesterday.

Also, I agree with everyone who says Paula needs to lay off whatever it is she's been taking over the last few weeks. Her speech sounds very flighty, her eyes are glazed and she gushes over everyone (even the crappy ones) as if they were a gift from God. Can't the producers see this???

Also, I agree with everyone who says Paula needs to lay off whatever it is she's been taking over the last few weeks.  Her speech sounds very flighty, her eyes are glazed and she gushes over everyone (even the crappy ones) as if they were a gift from God.  Can't the producers see this???

297485[/snapback]

It is getting absolutely embarassing now. I wonder if she will be around next year.

It is getting absolutely embarassing now. I wonder if she will be around next year.

297489[/snapback]

I hope not, she pisses me off, i'm waiting for Simon to backhand her any day now. She gives her opinion, which 99% of the time is just repeating what Randy says, then when Simon is trying to give his opinion, she always has to cut in on Simon and get the last word.

AWESOME Idol Spoof:

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/idle.html

The kid on stage is a spoof of this kid lip synching to a song on his webcam (it's gotten pretty popular on the internet):

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/numanuma.html

However, the Idol spoof is awesome just for how perfectly they do Randy, Paula, and Simon...

that is exactly what the producers want. they want to play up the "playful" banter and disagreements of the judges....specifically Abdula-Muhammad and Simon.

i thought it was funny last night when Simon gave a one word description of Anthony Federov: "hideous".

Anwar was good last night but had an unfair advantage being gay on show tunes night.

All in all, it was probably the worst episode I have ever seen. The band was much too loud and even the background singers were louder than some of the "idols".

Each song was more boring than the one before, although I pretty much lost it during "Climb Evry Mountain" by Federov. I was laughing too hard to actually hear him sing.

Anyone else think there isn't one great singer in this bunch? I can remember hearing what's-her-face that one last year and thinking "wow, this girl is amazing"... no one makes me think that this year. Boring. They could each win a bunch of kareoke contests, but that's about it...

297524[/snapback]

And just to prove the recent "lasting power" of the show, you just referred to last year's winner as what's-her-face :blush: