Carson Wentz in the second?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no way I can be sold on this guy. The level of competition is very concerning to me. It makes it such a challenge to evaluate him against other top prospects. He may become a great NFL QB, I just find it far too risky to draft him in the early rounds. Romo is really the only example of an FCS QB with NFL success in recent memory. Even he went undrafted. I'd take Wentz in rounds 4-7, but it looks like he's going to go much higher. Too much is going to be based on potential as opposed to game tape against upper echelon talent. I love taking chances on those types of guys, just not in the early rounds. No thanks.

Roethlisberger came out of the Mac

No way do I waste a second round draft pick on a quarterback when the team has more pressing needs. They will need a DE after Mario leaves. Zero question in my mind that this will be a priority. They need help at linebacker. Buffalo is not very good at that position either. So when I look at the first 2-3 draft picks, I'm not looking for a project. I'm looking for someone that I can put in the lineup right away that will play. As one of the other posters said, maybe a late round pick. A REALLY late round pick for a third stringer. That's about it though.

there are no greater needs than a franchise QB. No way do you pass on one.

If he's highlights include trees and bleachers in the background I'll pass until the end of the draft, no thanks

yeah thanks for reminding me no one can ever be good coming out of a small school.

"Bison football brings new meaning to the terms smashmouth and power running game. North Dakota State offensive football is brutal and efficient, with drives frequently consisting of repeated power calls up the gut.

In many ways, Bison football resembles the Power Coast approach of the Stanford Cardinal, combining a West Coast passing game with a heavy emphasis on power. We have a combination of option routes and precision passing game to be really effective," Bohl said, which has an overall aim of providing the Bison with the means to stay on the field"/

And what can be better than a Bison going to Buffalo?

Interesting...

Down side is playing in the FCS and not the FBS. Would have like to see him against tougher competition throughout the season. For the record I know it worked with the Ravens and Flacco.

"Starring at the FCS level, there will be obvious competition concerns for Wentz as he makes the leap to the NFL. He has a bad habit of staring down his reads, leading defenders to his target and making decisions pre-snap where he is going with the pass. Wentz will throw without coming to balance or setting his base and needs to improve his lower body mechanics, especially when on the move and adjusting his platform. The injury in his throwing wrist will also require monitoring moving forward."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/25363115/meet-the-prospect-north-dakota-state-qb-carson-wentz

Hmm, sounds like Manuel with a wrist injury. Maybe we should trade up! B-)

yeah thanks for reminding me no one can ever be good coming out of a small school.

I'm not saying he can't be good, what I'm saying is no thanks to a high pk id start looking at him in the 6th rd.. Btw I watched some of his film and it's not impressive. Please spare me the comparison to Ben or Flacco for every one of them there's 50 other guys that are trash.

So now he's a franchise QB? :lol: You are the QB guru for sure. How many times are you going to change your sig before the draft?

I'm not saying he can't be good, what I'm saying is no thanks to a high pk id start looking at him in the 6th rd.. Btw I watched some of his film and it's not impressive. Please spare me the comparison to Ben or Flacco for every one of them there's 50 other guys that are trash.

You also would've passed on Steve McNair with that philosophy

And I'll ask two questions:

1) what "film" have you watched (or is this game video or YouTube highlights)?

2) what didn't you like?

I've watched 9 full games multiple times, and compiled an evaluation, so I'm interested to hear your analysis

2) what didn't you like?

I've watched 9 full games multiple times, and compiled an evaluation, so I'm interested to hear your analysis

What is your evaluation?

So now he's a franchise QB? :lol: You are the QB guru for sure. How many times are you going to change your sig before the draft?

:lol::lol: 6th rd :lol:

There's talks that this guy might be one of the first QBs taken in the draft. I doubt he lasts til the 2nd round.

This team has WAY too many needs to even think about drafting a QB in the draft. I'm perfectly fine with EJ and a free agent battling for the backup position.

no EJ.

yes FA.

should always draft a QB

2) what didn't you like?

I usually use draft breakdown but he just doesn't pass the eye ball test for me. Btw weren't u the big Skelton fan? Where's he playing These days CFL? I know for sure your a big Tannehill fan the Dolphins would love to get out of that contract now.