Continuity

Thurmal34

Two out of four that actually knew what they we doing, not bad for the NFL, right? What more can Mario want?

Continuity of things that work? But that it's not his fault, it's the Pegulas' fault and of course it's Whaley's fault for not advising them accordingly. If it ain't broken why fix it?

With last year defense and this year offense we were going to the playoffs.

The "fire them" fans are rightly pissed at performance.

But they don't understand the need for continuity. They think coaches, players and schemes are like spark plugs on a car... as in: swap them out, and good to go.

N.E. prime example of the value of continuity: Belichick going on his 15th consecutive season. Yes he is an evil genious with a gifted QB, and some cheatery... but still I'd say organizational stability is the foundation of NE's success.

The key are that we have had continous Russ Brandon for almost 2 decades and Doug Whaley in a leadership role for 6 years. As long as we don' t mess that up, we should be able to keep having all of our recent success.

I'm sure there are some secretaries that have been there longer. Obviously they have to be purged too.

Frankly I don't see continuity as an issue on the D. If Ryan can't coach players who can't fit his scheme, then either he goes or all the players go. You're starting over either way.

The "fire them" fans are rightly pissed at performance.

But they don't understand the need for continuity. They think coaches, players and schemes are like spark plugs on a car... as in: swap them out, and good to go.

N.E. prime example of the value of continuity: Belichick going on his 15th consecutive season. Yes he is an evil genious with a gifted QB, and some cheatery... but still I'd say organizational stability is the foundation of NE's success.

yep. One difference between the Bengals and Browns is that the Browns would have fired Marvin Lewis after 1 year.

Perhaps you are confusing continuity and consistency? Still, the Bills are consistently a bad football team and rearranging the deck chairs hasn't really changed the results.

It appears that Doug Whaley should have pushed the Pegula's to extend Marrone last year. Continuity from last years defense would be better than continuing what we have seen this season.