Polian Willing to Help Bills, But Doesn't Want Czar Role

26CornerBlitz

Don't be so sure this is gonna happen.

And there is no clear or major conflict between Doug and Rex.

Polian might be trusted, but only to a degree by Pegulas.

The only real negative energy emanating from the locker room seems to be from a player who is on his way out.

jw

thanks

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only real negative energy emanating from the locker room seems to be from a player who is on his way out.

jw

So. Mario, that can't shock anyone.

I am not happy with Rex. Hope it works out.

jw

Thanks for helping to clear up a cloudy situation with informed information. The Whaley can't get along with coaches thing seems to be contrived by those with an agenda who want to dismiss how difficult of a person Marrone ultimately proved to be.

jw

John,

Thank you for weighing in on this.

It won't. The meddling in mediocrity will continue.

How the F would you know.....

jw

In your opinion.....what did you think Rex meant when he said "changes will be made"

Assistants possibly?

Thanks for helping to clear up a cloudy situation with informed information. The Whaley can't get along with coaches thing seems to be contrived by those with an agenda who want to dismiss how difficult of a person Marrone ultimately proved to be.

dont forget that Polian was a big fan of Marrone, and is a big fan of Roman. Coincidence?

i understand that Polian is a HOF general manager, but that doesn't impress me as a credential for exploring the Bills' cause of death in 2015.

he may offer general health tips to Pegula, but our owner needs to know if he can trust the future health of his team to the same people who were caring for the deceased.

Pegula needs a forensic expert - someone who understands NFL football at a molecular level to examine the body of work that has been the 2015 season..

..someone who can dissect it; examine it's wounds; recognize it's diseases; differentiate it's chronic sufferings from what was eventually fatal to it's survival.

such a job must be entrusted to a doctor of football - not a glorified pencil pusher ;)

I can't see Pegula hiring Polian after last year and this whole notion of as "czar" is media fluff.

Pegula was looking for consulting help from Polian last year, and not necessarily anything more. Then Marrone bolted and Polian claimed the job was bigger than he wanted to take on. Now that Polian has his Gold Jacket he is ready to consult? Terry may have moved on.

Pegula can, and mostly likely does, talk to many people in a consulting role on a variety of topics related to his many interests.

I can see him hiring a President of Football Operations, not as magical mythical czar. I don't see that position as a consulting job, that is the guy who will hire the GM and various college/pro personnel people. This will be the guy that sets the strategy.

Edited by Bob in STL

dont forget that Polian was a big fan of Marrone, and is a big fan of Roman. Coincidence?

I guess my question to this is how much interaction would Whaley even have with the assistants......

Roman is a underling of Rex

i understand that Polian is a HOF general manager, but that doesn't impress me as a credential for exploring the Bills' cause of death in 2015.

he may offer general health tips to Pegula, but our owner needs to know if he can trust the future health of his team to the same people who were caring for the deceased.

Pegula needs a forensic expert - someone who understands NFL football at a molecular level to examine the body of work that has been the 2015 season..

..someone who can dissect it; examine it's wounds; recognize it's diseases; differentiate it's chronic sufferings from what was eventually fatal to it's survival.

such a job must be entrusted to a doctor of football - not a glorified pencil pusher ;)

I just think the game may have passed Polian bye......an he seems to carry too much loyalty to certain people

When you are trying to look at a situation objectively.....you cannot have that loyalty. This is someone who was a Marrone fan.

John,

Thank you for weighing in on this.

How the F would you know.....

In your opinion.....what did you think Rex meant when he said "changes will be made"

Assistants possibly?

Might be an assistant on way out.

Also foresee changes to LB group.

Curious to see what happens on O-Line. Though Incognito wants to be back, and Bills want him back, he is going to be a popular guy in free agency.

jw

Thanks, JW. What does this mean in terms of getting a football czar or consultant? Is that still on the table or likely, even if it is not Polian?

Can't see it happening this offseason. No point adding another voice into this mix.

jw

I guess my question to this is how much interaction would Whaley even have with the assistants......

Roman is a underling of Rex

I just think the game may have passed Polian bye......an he seems to carry too much loyalty to certain people

When you are trying to look at a situation objectively.....you cannot have that loyalty. This is someone who was a Marrone fan.

that was why the report on Sunday about Whaley clashing with Roman was so odd. I'm surmising that may have come from Polian or Polian's agent. Lacanfora is a shill for the agents (not unlike schefter and Rapaport). Bill's son Brian also coached with Roman at Stanford. I'm just saying there's a lot of weird connections.

Edit: and this tweet from Wawrow

@john_wawrow Hearing one reason Polian didn't get job with #Bills last year was he wanted Whaley out, which was non-starter. Not sure what has changed.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I have no doubt Bill is discrediting Whaley at least in part with the agenda to get Chris another GM role. He was fired 3 years ago, and no buzz whatsoever on another GM gig. Though there was buzz last year that he and Marrone would be a package deal in 2016.

Edited by YoloinOhio