Holiday Time Off

Chef Jim

Ok so I'm doing something I've never done before. I'm taking the week off between Christmas and New Years. Every year I sit in my office twiddling my thumbs wondering "why the !@#$ am I here?" So with a half a day Thursday for Christmas Eve it's going to be a nice long 10 days off! It's good to be the boss.

So who else does that on a regular basis?

i have not worked the week between Christmas and New Years in a good 20 years. Now, may be scrambling to get contract or two signed and chasing down client signatures, but that is it.

Like you, just useless time as business is pretty much shut down for the week, and in B2B sales whats the use.

Ok so I'm doing something I've never done before. I'm taking the week off between Christmas and New Years. Every year I sit in my office twiddling my thumbs wondering "why the !@#$ am I here?" So with a half a day Thursday for Christmas Eve it's going to be a nice long 10 days off! It's good to be the boss.

I have a client on the West Coast who is looking to invest $1 million but he's only available to meet on December 29th at noon...I'll tell him to call Charles Schwabb 1-800 #.

I'll be working through Christmas eve and then will have 3 weeks off. This is pretty much standard time off for people in NZ.

It's the beginning of the Christmas/summer holidays so its time to have fun in the sun!

I have a client on the West Coast who is looking to invest $1 million but he's only available to meet on December 29th at noon...I'll tell him to call Charles Schwabb 1-800 #.

Someone who limits his time to meet with a great planner to one day and time deserves 1-800-ask-chuck as an "advisor" :D

Someone who limits his time to meet with a great planner to one day and time deserves 1-800-ask-chuck as an "advisor" :D

I might even suggest that he seek advice in an Ameritrade online chatbox.

Does your wife know that you'll be home for 8-9 days.....errr, I mean...is she ok with this?

I might even suggest that he seek advice in an Ameritrade online chatbox.

Does your wife know that you'll be home for 8-9 days.....errr, I mean...is she ok with this?

Getting financial advice online is.......well you know.

The wife does know and she doesn't have any vacation time left so she'll be working. I asked is she was ok with it and she said sure, I deserve it. I think heard her mutter under her breath as she walked away "hate yer guts"

Getting financial advice online is.......well you know.

The wife does know and she doesn't have any vacation time left so she'll be working. I asked is she was ok with it and she said sure, I deserve it. I think heard her mutter under her breath as she walked away "hate yer guts"

You obviously married up and well out of your league. She is a saint (and probably a super model). Not sure how you pulled it off.

You obviously married up and well out of your league. She is a saint (and probably a super model). Not sure how you pulled it off.

And I was a poor college student that moved in with her with $300 to my name. Yes it's been nearly 35 years of complete bafflement. :unsure:

And I was a poor college student that moved in with her with $300 to my name. Yes it's been nearly 35 years of complete bafflement. :unsure:

Pics or it didn't happen.

How old is she? Does she enjoy short, squatty men with hairy backs? Does she enjoy serving men beer and pork rinds during football games? Does she drink Boones Farm from a dixie cup? Does he know her way around a hibachi grill? If you answered yes to any of these questions, please have her contact "beerball@tbdemailserver.com"

see, i don't take it off, because it's so dead it makes for the perfect time to work half day in the office, take off at lunch and monitor email the rest of the day and not lose any PTO.

I take the last 3 weeks of the year off every year. It's awesome. No waking up at 4:30 a.m to shovel for an hour before a two hour white knuckled drive that during the summer only takes 40 minutes. They don't mind because I rarely take any time off April-October.

We shut down operations at the regular, non farm job for a week; Christmas and the 4th of July. This is common in the furniture industry and while we are not a necessarily furniture factory we accommodate furniture factories with components across many companies.

I gave my crews Wednesday off and we'll return 1/4. I'll get off around noon Wednesday.

Of course, I usually just sit in one of my offices and make sure inventory is on and nonsense like that. I still end up being paid for being off a week.

Pics or it didn't happen.

How old is she? Does she enjoy short, squatty men with hairy backs? Does she enjoy serving men beer and pork rinds during football games? Does she drink Boones Farm from a dixie cup? Does he know her way around a hibachi grill? If you answered yes to any of these questions, please have her contact "beerball@tbdemailserver.com"

Well seeing i can't answer the first question with a yes or no I deem this exercise futile.

see, i don't take it off, because it's so dead it makes for the perfect time to work half day in the office, take off at lunch and monitor email the rest of the day and not lose any PTO.

PTO??

:P

You have made a great decision. For the past five years I've taken this week off and I've never regretted it. You get such a nice long break with very limited productive time lost. Of course I often make a list of all of the things I intend to get down, but seldom get very far. But I always go back to work feeling refreshed. Seriously, this week should just be a national holiday.