What is the deal with Dareus?

Harryhood280

through all the disappointment and head-scratching, mind-numbing performances this year, no one stands out more to me than Dareus. he has gone from a generational talent who single handedly disrupts offenses to completely invisible and inconsequential. Why? Is it Rex's D's fault? Is he emotionally broken by the personal tragedy in his life? Did he decide to stop playing hard after getting paid, saving his body some damage? I can't figure it out. What happened to the big man?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fear it's what I said when he signed the big contract. He's may be coming down with Haynesworthitis

Haynesworth said that the worst decision he made was signing with Washington. The scheme took away everything that made him great. He became a space eater, just like Marcell has.

through all the disappointment and head-scratching, mind-numbing performances this year, no one stands out more to me than Dareus. he has gone from a generational talent who single handedly disrupts offenses to completely invisible and inconsequential. Why? Is it Rex's D's fault? Is he emotionally broken by the personal tragedy in his life? Did he decide to stop playing hard after getting paid, saving his body some damage? I can't figure it out. What happened to the big man?

He is playing over the nose a lot and is eating up 2 blockers. That is what Rex is asking of him to do. He is doing it just fine. But it is a huge waste of talent and money.

Haynesworth said that the worst decision he made was signing with Washington. The scheme took away everything that made him great. He became a space eater, just like Marcell has.

ding ding ding

For everyone complaining about Dareus being a space eater, can you please post links, gifs, vines to plays where he was asked to do that, and how many times in a game was that his responsibility?

Different defensive scheme...Different role.

These, way more than "he got paid". The main issue with Marcel this year has been the scheme change.

Both he and Haynesworth lost Schwartz.

For everyone complaining about Dareus being a space eater, can you please post links, gifs, vines to plays where he was asked to do that, and how many times in a game was that his responsibility?

I like this post already....................seriously

Dont have any gifs or vines handy, but there are 2 different times that Marcel has complained about the scheme change in the media. The fact a player would go and talk about it publicly like that should be enough.

Why do you need gifs and vines? Do you actually pay attention to the individual players on defense? Under Schwartz, Dareus was allowed to penetrate at will and rush the passer. Under Rex, he is asked to occupy blockers and hold the point of attack. Basically a run stuffer...and he has done his job very well.

Obviously, both he and Mario were grossly misused by Rex.

Rex's idiotic scheme has successfully wasted 3 pro bowl caliber players and made them ineffective and unhappy. Great job, Rex.

Meanwhile the Jets might still make the playoffs with our castoffs.

Keeping Rex and dumping talented players in the coming offseason will be another in a long time of bone-headed moves this team has made in my lifetime.

Marcel is fat.

Like others have alluded too. he and 94 have been misused this year. IMO a fireable offense since

Pay aside they are (were) two disruptive dudes. Stunned that Rex didn't have these types of conversations

During the interview process. meaning well Mr. pegula i want a 34 and will be dropping Mario and Dareus

Into coverage a lot.

As for fat, yea he always seems fat. i saw him a few games back chasing a back down and was still surprised

At Marcell's burst. Also possible that Haynesworth syndrome has hit both players.

Why do you need gifs and vines? Do you actually pay attention to the individual players on defense? Under Schwartz, Dareus was allowed to penetrate at will and rush the passer. Under Rex, he is asked to occupy blockers and hold the point of attack. Basically a run stuffer...and he has done his job very well.

Obviously, both he and Mario were grossly misused by Rex.

That's why I'm asking for pics or video proofs. Every play that I've watched Dareus, he's heading towards the QB. He's not engaging blockers at the line.