Report: Mario Could Be Gone- NFL.com

keep Mario, axe REX. Rex will destroy this team like he killed the Jets. Goodbye can't come quick enough. His defense sucks.

I was excited when we got Rex. For a while this year I got angry as it was clear his own ideas were far more important to him than winning or losing. It started with the ridiculous "just keep letting them score' strategy he rolled out for NE in game 2.

I am now neither excited nor angry. I'm resigned. Resigned to the fact that we will be scapegoating good football players like Mario Williams. Preston Brown sure was good last year too. Dareus was good last year and has been ok this year when not asked to cover Beckham or whatever ridiculous things they were doing with him. Rex won't change. He is all about Rex. I was 100% wrong about him...I was really happy when we got him. Now we have to keep him and fritter away at least another 2 years, The biggest hope I see from this year is that the Jets have proven it might not have to be a three year re-build when our new coach comes in for 2018. It's too bad Rex is going to get Whaley fired. I wonder how many Super Bowls Whaley will win with whatever organization he leads.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, Mario's true character comes out. I focused hard on him today, and he was abysmal. After the game? He accepts no responsibility for his terrible play and instead goes to the press and sows dissension. And guess what -- he didn't drop into coverage at all today, and did it only once against the Eagles (and it was the right move because it screwed up an Eagles' screen play).

It's interesting to me that people here are giving credence to a disloyal, unproductive malingerer who is unwilling to take responsibility for his truly poor performance.

No one is being scapegoated here. His play has been freaking terrible.

Edited by dave mcbride

Ah, Mario's true character comes out. I focused hard on him today, and he was abysmal. After the game? He accepts no responsibility for his terrible play and instead goes to the press and sows dissension. And guess what -- he didn't drop into coverage at all today, and did it only once against the Eagles (and it was the right move because it screwed up an Eagles' screen play).

It's interesting to me that people here are giving credence to a disloyal, unproductive malingerer who is unwilling to take responsibility for his truly poor performance.

No one is being scapegoated here. His play has been freaking terrible.

And the 21 year old with 111 yds and 2 TDs showed the 10 year vet how leaders behace

And the 21 year old with 111 yds and 2 TDs showed the 10 year vet how leaders behace

yep. Because Sammy cares. And Mario doesn't. Sure some of that is the scheme, because he doesn't like it and became disengaged and unmotivated. But last time I checked he cashes a check from the Bills, and he's not helping his team win. There should be shared accountability and he has never taken an ounce. He needs to take lessons from his buddy Hughes on how to play with heart. Edited by YoloinOhio

Great talent but a head case.

Insubordination is not good on any level. He seems like a very immature guy between his antics here and with the fiancé and ring thing.

There are 53 players, a practice squad and players coming and going on every NFL roster. A good coach should recognize the top talent on his team and get them in spots to help the team win. Absolutely the player needs to maintain a good attitude too. If we dump Williams how do we replace him and how long before that guy gets stifled by Rex? Do we have to watch Williams produce elsewhere for 5 years like Pat Williams did?

Did you watch the last two games? He lined up outside in his traditional LDE spot and rushed the passer. He was horrible.

He's disgusted, as I am. I am NOT saying he's worth the big bucks, just that he knows enough to know this is a dumpster fire and Rex is Head Chef.

I was excited when we got Rex. For a while this year I got angry as it was clear his own ideas were far more important to him than winning or losing. It started with the ridiculous "just keep letting them score' strategy he rolled out for NE in game 2.

I am now neither excited nor angry. I'm resigned. Resigned to the fact that we will be scapegoating good football players like Mario Williams. Preston Brown sure was good last year too. Dareus was good last year and has been ok this year when not asked to cover Beckham or whatever ridiculous things they were doing with him. Rex won't change. He is all about Rex. I was 100% wrong about him...I was really happy when we got him. Now we have to keep him and fritter away at least another 2 years, The biggest hope I see from this year is that the Jets have proven it might not have to be a three year re-build when our new coach comes in for 2018. It's too bad Rex is going to get Whaley fired. I wonder how many Super Bowls Whaley will win with whatever organization he leads.

+1000000. You hit it exactly. I was all in on Rex but now want to see him gone ASAP. Because trying to rebuild for hi is gonna take 2-3 yards and I now believe he is a terrible coach and has no clue how to adapt.

He's disgusted, as I am. I am NOT saying he's worth the big bucks, just that he knows enough to know this is a dumpster fire and Rex is Head Chef.

He's being paid $1 million per game. The excuse factory - more specifically, the Mario excuse factory - really needs to shut down.

Edited by dave mcbride

"My mindset is, if you're an attack defense, if you're going to be a bully on the field. You don't let anything else dictate what you do."

~ Mario Williams

Mario's right.

entire offensive and defensive systems have been designed by realistic coaches, trying to overcome large talent gaps with their opponents (see service academies athletics)..

.. but happily, this was not the Bills problem this year. the front office stocked the roster with diverse and talented players.. enough to field above average O, D, and ST units.

what excited many of us, was that for the first time in a long time... we were the 'haves' - not the 'have nots' - and other teams would have to adjust to us.

if Rex told the Pegulas that his plan on improving our D depended on how quickly this group of above average physical talents learned how to properly react to an opponent - rather than dictate the terms of engagement - they either weren't listening, or they simply didn't understand. maybe the more important question is... why did Rex think this was necessary?

You can get the same production from a rookie. He was unwilling to adapt to the scheme, and wasn't winning his 1:1 matchups when he was asked to just do what he wanted - rush the passer. Open up the cap space.

He was one of my favorites. But it's too much for what he's bringing to the table at this point.

Rex is the problem not Mario!

"My mindset is, if you're an attack defense, if you're going to be a bully on the field. You don't let anything else dictate what you do." [/size]

~ Mario Williams[/size]

Mario's right.

entire offensive and defensive systems have been designed by realistic coaches, trying to overcome large talent gaps with their opponents (see service academies athletics)..

.. but happily, this was not the Bills problem this year. the front office stocked the roster with diverse and talented players.. enough to field above average O, D, and ST units.

what excited many of us, was that for the first time in a long time... we were the 'haves' - not the 'have nots' - and other teams would have to adjust to us.

if Rex told the Pegulas that his plan on improving our D depended on how quickly this group of above average physical talents learned how to properly react to an opponent - rather than dictate the terms of engagement - they either weren't listening, or they simply didn't understand. maybe the more important question is... why did Rex think this was necessary?

^ Enormous Ego with out the intellectual goods to back it up!

Rex is a problem. But Mario is too. It does not have to be one or the other. Rex cannot beat Mario's 1:1 block for him.

i hear where all the Mario critics are coming from - but how do we know what his responsibilities are during those plays where he seems content to engage and read the backfield?

i think he's confused and humiliated - and i don't think he's alone. analysis by paralysis

i hear where all the Mario critics are coming from - but how do we know what his responsibilities are during those plays where he seems content to engage and read the backfield?

i think he's confused and humiliated - and i don't think he's alone. analysis by paralysis

He's paid a crapload of money to make plays. He makes none. It ain't rocket science.

The fact that he blames everyone but himself is actually kinda hilarious.

Edited by dave mcbride

He's paid a crapload of money to make plays. He makes none. It ain't rocket science.

The fact that he blames everyone but himself is actually kinda hilarious.

he was paid that money because he's a playmaker.. he must still see himself as a playmaker, because he's pretty disgusted with how he's being used

what's so 'hilarious', is that you and he actually want the same thing