Lacanfora:Showdown could be brewing b/w Whaley,coaches

YoloinOhio

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/25419914/showdown-between-whaley-and-coaching-staff-could-be-brewing-in-buffalo

Bills general manager Doug Whaley, who was nearly let go a year ago, is at odds with the coaching staff over several key issues, and a showdown between him and Rex Ryan's assistants is likely looming this offseason. League sources said Whaley has been unhappy with the ability of the staff to feature top receiver Sammy Watkins and has made that clear to other members of the organization. He would also prefer the team move on from offensive coordinator Greg Roman and others, though it is highly unlikely owner Terry Pegula would support such measures.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, this is strange.

seems like this is becoming a theme with Whaley? Trying to exert his will on his coaching staffs.

If I was Whaley i think I would be taking the approach of bringing everyone back staff wise, and trying to build on talent.

If Rex wasn't his hire then he is basically saying ' I told you so to the Pegulas'

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

My god if this is true Doug Whaley is a moron...but hey I have been saying this for two years now. Wants to get rid of Greg Roman...REALLY??? :wallbash:

More and more of his tenure is looking like a Tom Donahoe clone.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Blow it all up and construct the new staff solely from Bills message boards. I don't need to be GM but a cushy scouting position would be nice.

I call marketing!

Sal just said on WGR that everything he has been hearing is that Whaley WILL be back next year as GM. He also implies that Russ would have a say in the decision and he's a big Whaley supporter. Just like everything, should be interesting to see how it all plays out...

Sal and, other guy, also seemed confuse by the Roman criticism vs focus on the D.

I call marketing!

Sal just said on WGR that everything he has been hearing is that Whaley WILL be back next year as GM. He also implies that Russ would have a say in the decision and he's a big Whaley supporter. Just like everything, should be interesting to see how it all plays out...

Sal and, other guy, also seemed confuse by the Roman criticism vs focus on the D.

This is going to work out really well. :doh:

Blow it all up and construct the new staff solely from Bills message boards. I don't need to be GM but a cushy scouting position would be nice.

You can be DCS and I'll be DPP.

If nothing else, we'll sound the part

By the way, Connor, the safety from Ole Miss...Rex type of guy