New Orleans To Remove Excremental Rebel Monuments

Tiberius

So if the Declaration of Independence was written by a slave holder and a large number of the signatories were also slave holders, should we destroy the Declaration of Independence and revert control of North America back to the United Kingdom?

That's been the plan all along. British secret societies are notorious for their ability to slow play their enemies.

:ph34r:

c299a3b1c677d1162b59a0a76c7d8ff1--concea

So if the Declaration of Independence was written by a slave holder and a large number of the signatories were also slave holders, should we destroy the Declaration of Independence and revert control of North America back to the United Kingdom?

If people want to do they, they should. But see here's the thing: no one wants to do that.

Now do people want to remove monuments to traitorous rebels? Yes they do.

For God's sake don't give them any ideas.

NARAL aims for white supremacists, PUNCHES selves in the face instead

Anti-choice groups & white supremacists have something impt in common: They both want to control women’s bodies.

Too bad white supremacists are … wait for it … big supporters of abortion:

On Planet Earth, white supremacists tend to be vigorous supporters of abortion due to its eugenic effect on USA's racial mix. https://twitter.com/NARAL/status/897848985171492866

Even (the wrong more often than not) Glenn Beck is right for once.

"If you want to tear down racist monuments, you need to start with the living monument dedicated to white supremacy: Planned Parenthood."

Edited by B-Man

LOL, what kind of !@#$ do you have to be to be pro-DPRK.

There's a surprising number of such. There's an entire tourism industry to service them. It's !@#$ing weird.

The White House and Capitol Building were both built with slave labor. As was the Washington Monument, in its first phase - a monument to a slave owner built by slaves.

So... in some people's mind: mob rule = freedom.

No wonder we're screwed. People don't even understand basic principles of history.

Or maybe they do, and they're really fond of Athenian democracy.

Which would make them even bigger idiots, frankly...

When are the statutes removed from Baltimore in the middle of the night gonna show up in Indianapolis?

:lol:

I'm actually looking in to getting one of them for my yard. Wouldn't mind having a small Stonewall Jackson memorial of my own, particularly if I move to the Shenandoah Valley (his greatest battlefield.)

I think in time, any statue of a white person is going to be considered offensive/racist.

I imagine at some point in time Ralph Wilson's statue will be protested against and torn down because he was an evil racist.

Edited by T-Bomb

I think in time, any statue of a white person is going to be considered offensive/racist.

Doubt it.

Do you think our history of chattel slavery, genocidal western expansion, and apartheid is a history worth celebrating?

It's ok to be proud to be an American and also admit that our history of oppression and genocide is real.

Nothing wrong with identifying a mistake and working to improve.

All the more reason to learn from history rather than destroying it.

I'm fine with that, move the statues to museums, but remove them as symbols in parks in the South that are used by neo racists groups as rallying points. Do it respectfully, but move them to museums that can better document and explain these icon figures role in the Civil War to the public. I lived in the South for a while and understand the depth of some of the old guard to the old south. But it is changing and its time give up some of the romanticism of the the Civil War. It was a devastating war for both sides fought based on both economic, but more importantly human decency issues. And those figures should not be used or disgraced by neo-nazis and other hate groups who have a completely different agenda.

Let's be real here, people. It's not about equality or even the feels. It's about this whole ridiculous 'reparations' movement. These people want ALL white people to pay for the sins of SOME white people who've been dead for over a century or more. And yet these same people demand that we don't hold all muslims accountable for the sins of a few that are happening today in the here and now. Logic not a strong suit on the left.

Doubt it.

Do you think our history of chattel slavery, genocidal western expansion, and apartheid is a history worth celebrating?

It's ok to be proud to be an American and also admit that our history of oppression and genocide is real.

Nothing wrong with identifying a mistake and working to improve.

You don't cover up the past, you deal with it.

Rewriting history has been a flaw of humanity for so very long, and we just keep on doing it.

And yet these same people demand that we don't hold all muslims accountable for the sins of a few that are happening today in the here and now. Logic not a strong suit on the left.

This is so very true. There is such a lack of intelligence in this current movement, it's based on emotion, which is dangerous.

Edited by T-Bomb

You don't cover up the past, you deal with it.

Rewriting history has been a flaw of humanity for so very long, and we just keep on doing it.

Agreed, But you don't glorify it.

Did I miss the part where they burned all the books about the Civil War while taking down the symbols of oppression?

It's not like the statues are the only way to tell the story.

Agreed, But you don't glorify it.

Did I miss the part where they burned all the books about the Civil War while taking down the symbols of oppression?

It's not like the statues are the only way to tell the story.

That's coming too, if you're paying ANY attention to what's happening both in schools and universities. Wake up.