New Orleans To Remove Excremental Rebel Monuments

Tiberius

How many times did Julian Assange blink to let you know this was the proper response?

Twist away from the direct question all you wish, it only makes you look less honest and more desperate:

Do you not benefit today from slavery in terms of the items of clothing you wear and the electronics you possess? Should we, as a society, view you as an evil person who's unable to contribute anything to society because of your financial support of these institutions of slavery?

Twist away from the direct question all you wish, it only makes you look less honest and more desperate:

Do you not benefit today from slavery in terms of the items of clothing you wear and the electronics you possess? Should we, as a society, view you as an evil person who's unable to contribute anything to society because of your financial support of these institutions of slavery?

Yes, tear all my statues down.

mister-gotcha-1-8387eb.png?auto=compress

mister-gotcha-2-474952.png?auto=compress

mister-gotcha-3-34a18b.png?auto=compress

mister-gotcha-4-9faefa.png?auto=compress

Hm... I've been reading up on the murderous Ukrainian and Lithuanian Einzatsgruppen death squads... Nazi led, and inspired fascists who killed on a incomprehensible scale... Grown men shooting babies and little girls in the back...

Stripping 14 year-old girls naked, raping, and murdering them en-masse... ANYONE walking down an American street with a red, white and black swastika flag IS a sympathizer to these events... In my opinion, it's worse than

the black flag of Daesh... If I ever see one near me, I'll do my utmost to desecrate, and destroy it.

Who the !@#$ told you it was OK to assault people for their ideas?

On the one hand you have some !@#$ who has bad opinions (that Nazism is a good thing) but doesn't do anything to violate anyone's rights.

On the other hand you have some !@#$ who has bad opinions (that it's good and right to physically assault someone else who has a bad opinion) and then goes about the business of violating someone else's rights.

Person two is the much worse person.

Who the !@#$ told you it was OK to assault people for their ideas?

On the one hand you have some !@#$ who has bad opinions (that Nazism is a good thing) but doesn't do anything to violate anyone's rights.

On the other hand you have some !@#$ who has bad opinions (that it's good and right to physically assault someone else who has a bad opinion) and then goes about the business of violating someone else's rights.

Person two is the much worse person.

Agreed... And I'll be that person in a heartbeat... Fascists deal with dissent ONE way... They are not going to bat an eye over violating someone's rights... By the time the US. accepted that, 60 million people ( estimated) were dead....

:lol: These imagined rights you cling to are the first thing fascists negate when they come to power... Fascists are scum, but deniers, and other-way-lookers, are worse.

Agreed... And I'll be that person in a heartbeat... Fascists deal with dissent ONE way... They are not going to bat an eye over violating someone's rights... By the time the US. accepted that, 60 million people ( estimated) were dead....

:lol: These imagined rights you cling to are the first thing fascists negate when they come to power... Fascists are scum, but deniers, and other-way-lookers, are worse.

Are fascists worse than communists?

My grandfather on fathers side was German from Posen so maybe Polish too. My aunt did the family history on moms side and it went way back before the Revolution into Virginia but found we were probably German there, also. Hitler only got 37% of the vote and many Germans tried to stop that little Austrian filthbag. Germans have a very liberal tradition, also. The 48ers were very anti-slavery and supported our Union strongly.

Anyway! I only have 2 and a half hours to go before I can eat to make my first 24 fast. Been trying unsuccessfully before but it gets easier. Thanks!

So you're the descendant of slave owners. Shame, shame!

Imagined rights?

What ideal or philosophy is it that you're referencing, I wonder, when you condemn the killing of those estimated 60-85 million people? What concept are you appealing to when you judge that act as "wrong"?

As to fascists negating rights?

You might be the least self-aware poster on this board, condemning fascism and historical fascist lack of respect for rights, while at the same time advocating for fascist action and the violation of the rights of others.

Idiot.

Ah yes. Someone who doesn't understand what fascism is decides to fight fascism with... fascism.

You're not thinking clearly. What you're advocating is right out of the fascist playbook. By gleefully acknowledging you're willing to stomp on someone's constitutional rights because you do not agree with their opinion, no matter how vile and unseemly those opinions are, you're doing their work for them.

Ah yes. Someone who doesn't understand what fascism is decides to fight fascism with... fascism.

You're not thinking clearly. What you're advocating is right out of the fascist playbook. By gleefully acknowledging you're willing to stomp on someone's constitutional rights because you do not agree with their opinion, no matter how vile and unseemly those opinions are, you're doing their work for them.

Yep.

Mel Brooks has the right idea. Mock the a-holes (& ignore them when not mocking them). Show people how idiotic their ideas are rather than emulating them.

Yep.

Mel Brooks has the right idea. Mock the a-holes (& ignore them when not mocking them). Show people how idiotic their ideas are rather than emulating them.

There are no fascists in political office in North America. Everyone who is remotely electable is a classical liberal on human rights and sovereignty.

There are no fascists in political office in North America. Everyone who is remotely electable is a classical liberal on human rights and sovereignty.

Not sure what that might have to do w/ someone being critical of another poster wanting to use fascist tactics against Neo-Nazis. :unsure:

Yep.

I said before the protests the left should just let the pathetic white supremacists have their little rally and let the media broadcast their stupidity. However, it is the left we're talking about.

I said before the protests the left should just let the pathetic white supremacists have their little rally and let the media broadcast their stupidity. However, it is the left we're talking about.

Seemed to work for Westboro Baptist Church.

Here's a fun exercise: can anyone in this thread explain why keeping the Lee statue up is important without referencing other monuments, equivalencies, etc.?

Can anyone explain why keeping any statue up without referencing other monuments or equivalencies?

But yeah, we should absolutely indulge you, because it's super brilliant to try to discuss the erecting and maintenance of statues and monuments in a vacuum without the context of why people erect and maintain statues and monuments.

/golfclap

Edited by TakeYouToTasker