Alright, who's the next whipping boy?

Rico

I don't think so... Pucillo & Reese will be gone, & Wire won't be playing D

I guess it's Lindell, or maybe Josh Reed.

No more high-profile players left to slam,

What a beautiful thing! :huh:

242360[/snapback]

Oh Dear...What on Earth will I do with all this bitter angst??? :D

it will be McGee. hes a nickle corner who played ok when forced to start due to vincent's injury.

on 3rd and 5, ill bet 60% of the time they will throw at McGee. completing most of those passes.

242376[/snapback]

No way. McGee may get burned a little, but he'll make plays that compensate.

True whipping boys have to really suck with no redeeming qualities,

that's the only way to get any strength in numbers against them. :huh: .

Great post--you know there WILL be a new whipping boy, at the earliest possible moment.

Too bad Travis Henry's likely to be gone, because he's the next obvious scapegoat. Reed has already been in the crosshairs, but I expect him to take a lot more fire. Mike Williams could be it. Certainly Tom Donahoe will be a high profile target whenever anything at all goes wrong--if, for instance, McGahee has a serious injury or Losman flounders.

I give Losman about three bad games before the screams become deafeniing. I hope he doesn't have any bad games, but that's wishful thinking.

JP will be the next whipping boy.

And I'm not saying that because I'm upset about the move (I am all about "my team, right or wrong" and will support JP 100%). I'm saying it because the backup QB is ALWAYS the most popular guy on the team.

The minute JP !@#$s up next season -- and you know he will have his moments -- some of the same people who were calling for DB's head are going to be screaming that JP isn't ready and either (1) MM should play the backup or (2) TD should have found a better backup.

And I'm not saying that because I'm upset about the move (I am all about "my team, right or wrong" and will support JP 100%).  I'm saying it because the backup QB is ALWAYS the most popular guy on the team.

The minute JP !@#$s up next season -- and you know he will have his moments -- some of the same people who were calling for DB's head are going to be screaming that JP isn't ready and either (1) MM should play the backup or (2) TD should have found a better backup.

242401[/snapback]

Maybe eventually, but I don't think he'll have enough numbers slamming him to be what I call a true whipping boy. Sure, the old Drew Apologists will be out for blood, but most of the Bledsoe Bashers & everyone else will give him a lot of rope for 3 reasons:

1. He's still young

2. He'll be very exciting to watch.

3. He's not Drew.

Maybe eventually, but I don't think he'll have enough numbers slamming him to be what I call a true whipping boy. Sure, the old Drew Apologists will be out for blood, but most of the Bledsoe Bashers & everyone else will give him a lot of rope for 3 reasons:

1. He's still young

2. He'll be very exciting to watch.

3. He's not Drew.

242415[/snapback]

True. I just hope he changes his number and gets rid of the mullet is all.

No Mike Williams will be the next whipping boy, it has already started that he redo his contract , which he does not want to do. He was watched like a hawk last season, with JP starting he will be watched that much more closely and any failing will be attributed to him , fair or not........

No Mike Williams will be the next whipping boy, it has already started that he redo his contract , which he does not want to do.  He was watched like a hawk last season, with JP starting he will be watched that much more closely and any failing will be attributed to  him , fair or not........

242428[/snapback]

CP says that his cap hit is something around 9 million dollars. For that price, he deserves a bit of scrutiny.

CP says that his cap hit is something around 9 million dollars. For that price, he deserves a bit of scrutiny.

242434[/snapback]

Yes I know that, that is part of why Mike will be next whipping boy, he was last season to some degree, this year it will become full blown if team does not do well. imo

No Mike Williams will be the next whipping boy, it has already started that he redo his contract , which he does not want to do.  He was watched like a hawk last season, with JP starting he will be watched that much more closely and any failing will be attributed to  him , fair or not........

242428[/snapback]

Maybe true.. he's out of my doghouse for now, I thought he played very well the last 2/3rd of the season (never thought I'd say that) :huh: , hope JMac continues his magic & MW improves even more. Any relapse & I'd have to agree. I don't mind paying him big $$$ if he earns it with his play.

GOD BLESS JIM MCNALLY!

Maybe true.. he's out of my doghouse for now, I thought he played very well the last 2/3rd of the season (never thought I'd say that) :huh: , hope JMac continues his magic & MW improves even more. Any relapse & I'd have to agree. I don't mind paying him big $$$ if he earns it with his play.

GOD BLESS JIM MCNALLY!

242439[/snapback]

I really think many here have blind spot towards Mike and its almost like pulling teeth for many to be complimentary.. He did make good not great progress last season and there is no reason to believe he will not get better, stll there will need be someone to blame :D

And I'm not saying that because I'm upset about the move (I am all about "my team, right or wrong" and will support JP 100%).  I'm saying it because the backup QB is ALWAYS the most popular guy on the team.

242401[/snapback]

You can carve that in a tree. Half of the posters throwing cursing parties for the Bledsoe departure were the same nincompoops screaming we needed to add Jeff Garcia last offseason- "all we need is a good QB with mobility!".

It's perfectly understandable though if you apply their math-

A) 1/53rd of the roster is more important than the balance

B) 1/53rd of the roster is capable of losing football games but incapable of winning them

C) in '04 1/53rd of the roster lost 7 games while it's not really clear who those 9 wins get credited to ;-)

You can carve that in a tree. Half of the posters throwing cursing parties for the Bledsoe departure were the same nincompoops screaming we needed to add Jeff Garcia last offseason- "all we need is a good QB with mobility!".

It's perfectly understandable though if you apply their math-

A) 1/53rd of the roster is more important than the balance

B) 1/53rd of the roster is capable of losing football games but incapable of winning them

C) in '04 1/53rd of the roster lost 7 games while it's not really clear who those 9 wins get credited to ;-)

Like I said, "a foolish consistency..."

How dare you even bring up Coy Wire as a whipping boy! How dare you! He's the second coming of Ronnie Lott! <sarcasm button off>

Seriously, the last time I made one negative comment about Coy Wire's ability to read a play (or should I say, inability to read a play), I got absolutely flamed on this board!

For me it's whomever lets the team down consistently in tough situations, in a Bledsoe like manner. Whomever doesnt learn from thier mistakes. Also in a Bledsoe like manner. Generally, whomever doesnt live up to thier lofty paychecks, ala Drew, they can be my whipping boy.