If we make playoffs, we'll make it to the SB

If we make it to the playoffs, we'll make it to the Super Bowl.

The only reason playoffs are in doubt is because we do not control other teams' performances. But, make no mistake, we will win out.

Why do I believe this?

The defense is slowly but surely getting Rex's scheme, terminology, assignments ,etc. It has taken time, but this group should be clicking the rest of the year, even with the injuries factoring in. The performance against NE*, sacks against Houston, and holding a receiver like Hopkins to a below average day are just some of the signs of where this defense is headed.

What about the offense? Well, they've already been pretty decent all year. The X factor now though is that TT is really stepping up, and is exactly what this team needs. Telling Hughes to get his head in the game after KC, making sure Carpenter was supported, and my favorite, telling, no yelling at, a veteran to hurry up and get on the line are just a few examples of the leadership characteristic TT has to offer. His play on the field has been better than anyone expected. Now, he's about to take that next step and nobody will mistake the Bills for anything other than Tyrod Taylor's team.

It's about to get fun ladies and gemtlemen. Enjoy the ride.

this is the only post i have read on this thread. i can only assume most of what follows is you being called a fool.

But i swear on my life i was about to start a thread saying the exact same thing.

if we can weather this storm we are going to the Super Bowl. I truly believe it.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is the only post i have read on this thread. i can only assume most of what follows is you being called a fool.

But i swear on my life i was about to start a thread saying the exact same thing.

if we can weather this storm we are going to the Super Bowl. I truly believe it.

back up one post then. # 60

i hope it's conatgious

Edited by 3rdand12

This thread is going into the database for later use.

Ballsy call. Unlikely. Whatever. Still Ballsy.

But...let's be objective for a sec. The 57% point was my first thought, but I see somebody already posted it.

My second is: of the likely playoff teams, I don't see very many tough places to play a road playoff game...other than KC and Pittsburgh. I saw the Pats fans get silencioed by the Eagles. No big rally from them, like there would be at our place, if we were in the same spot(yet more evidence of "bandwagon"/it's back to the suck when Brady leaves). Denver? Not really. Colts? :lol: Jets are no different than the Pats. Get them down, they sit down, and they don't get back up. Texans? See: Colts. Christ, I bet the Jags have a tougher home crowd than all of these teams.

If by some miracle the Raiders were to get in, then we'd be talking...but...that means KC doesn't get in. Also, if we are in, then either KC or Pittsburgh is out. Thus, together they only count as one(1).

So, besides KC/Pittsburgh(you want to add Denver go ahead, but I don't see it), it's not like home field is really an advantage for most of these teams. If they make it, one of these teams will be the other WC, so we wouldn't see them until the Championship game, and would only play at their place if we are #6.

Still not convinced? Reverse the roles: what wouldn't a team do to avoid having to play a playoff game in Buffalo? That would be a very short list, because they'd do just about anything.

While I do appreciate the enthusiasm and positivity (because these emotions are scarce within most realistic and long suffering die hard fans), making the playoffs with all the help we need from other teams at this point would be an accomplishment in of itself at this juncture.

Listen, the AFC is clearly the stronger conference this year. Cincinnati has proven that they're a different team in 2015 than in years past, when they would trot through the regular season, only to go one-and-done in the playoffs.

And a lot of "experts" have fallen in love with Pittsburgh's offense over the course of the last two or three weeks, but if you ask me, The Bengals have evolved into the most complete team in the conference and are the favorites as of right now, in my view, anyway.

The key to that matchup Sunday is how Cincy compensates for not having Adam Jones to cover either Martavious Bryant or Antonio Brown, but the Bengals should get the win at home.

As far as the Patriots go, down the road, once they get Edelman and Gronkowski back at 100 percent, they're a totally different team. But as we saw last week, the hoodie needs to tighten up the special teams heading into the postseason. And the Bills have beaten New England all of three times since 2001!

Maybe the most favorable of the Bills matchup in the playoffs would probably be against Denver. I haven't seen enough of Osweiler yet to annoit him as a franchise quarterback, and if Peyton plays, it's not as if he's the Peyton from 2005, 2006 etc.

But I do enjoy and appreciate the op's enthusiasm. Were just not on that level as of yet. A playoff berth after 15 years would be suffice to this fan, but I can't speak for everyone...

GO BILLS!

While I do appreciate the enthusiasm and positivity (because these emotions are scarce within most realistic and long suffering die hard fans), making the playoffs with all the help we need from other teams at this point would be an accomplishment in of itself at this juncture.

Listen, the AFC is clearly the stronger conference this year. Cincinnati has proven that they're a different team in 2015 than in years past, when they would trot through the regular season, only to go one-and-done in the playoffs.

And a lot of "experts" have fallen in love with Pittsburgh's offense over the course of the last two or three weeks, but if you ask me, The Bengals have evolved into the most complete team in the conference and are the favorites as of right now, in my view, anyway.

The key to that matchup Sunday is how Cincy compensates for not having Adam Jones to cover either Martavious Bryant or Antonio Brown, but the Bengals should get the win at home.

As far as the Patriots go, down the road, once they get Edelman and Gronkowski back at 100 percent, they're a totally different team. But as we saw last week, the hoodie needs to tighten up the special teams heading into the postseason. And the Bills have beaten New England all of three times since 2001!

Maybe the most favorable of the Bills matchup in the playoffs would probably be against Denver. I haven't seen enough of Osweiler yet to annoit him as a franchise quarterback, and if Peyton plays, it's not as if he's the Peyton from 2005, 2006 etc.

But I do enjoy and appreciate the op's enthusiasm. Were just not on that level as of yet. A playoff berth after 15 years would be suffice to this fan, but I can't speak for everyone...

GO BILLS!

We're going to kick Philadelphia's azzzzzz tomorrow and some of you guys are going to start changing your tune. I really believe we can do it. I really think things are starting to click and all we need is to have most of our best players on the field.

Like I said. I was thinking the exact same thing Thursday night and logged on Friday to see this thread...already on page 3.

It's a sign.

Tonight you guys will all be weeping watching The Four Falls of Buffalo...and you know Rex will have the players watching also...and we (players, coaches, management, fans, even that tool Russ Brandon) are going to wake up on Sunday morning as ONE BUFFALO like never before.

I totally believe it's our turn this year.

With how healthy and disciplined this team is, I can totally see 8 wins in a row to make the SB.

Hahaha lmfao

This thread is going into the database for later use.

Ballsy call. Unlikely. Whatever. Still Ballsy.

But...let's be objective for a sec. The 57% point was my first thought, but I see somebody already posted it.

My second is: of the likely playoff teams, I don't see very many tough places to play a road playoff game...other than KC and Pittsburgh. I saw the Pats fans get silencioed by the Eagles. No big rally from them, like there would be at our place, if we were in the same spot(yet more evidence of "bandwagon"/it's back to the suck when Brady leaves). Denver? Not really. Colts? :lol: Jets are no different than the Pats. Get them down, they sit down, and they don't get back up. Texans? See: Colts. Christ, I bet the Jags have a tougher home crowd than all of these teams.

If by some miracle the Raiders were to get in, then we'd be talking...but...that means KC doesn't get in. Also, if we are in, then either KC or Pittsburgh is out. Thus, together they only count as one(1).

So, besides KC/Pittsburgh(you want to add Denver go ahead, but I don't see it), it's not like home field is really an advantage for most of these teams. If they make it, one of these teams will be the other WC, so we wouldn't see them until the Championship game, and would only play at their place if we are #6.

Still not convinced? Reverse the roles: what wouldn't a team do to avoid having to play a playoff game in Buffalo? That would be a very short list, because they'd do just about anything.

If we do get in, it will probably be opposite KC. This would mean we wouldn't have to play them until the AFC championship. This assumes several unlikely events occur, so most likely don't have to worry about playing at KC in the playoffs.

We're going to kick Philadelphia's azzzzzz tomorrow and some of you guys are going to start changing your tune. I really believe we can do it. I really think things are starting to click and all we need is to have most of our best players on the field.

Like I said. I was thinking the exact same thing Thursday night and logged on Friday to see this thread...already on page 3.

It's a sign.

Tonight you guys will all be weeping watching The Four Falls of Buffalo...and you know Rex will have the players watching also...and we (players, coaches, management, fans, even that tool Russ Brandon) are going to wake up on Sunday morning as ONE BUFFALO like never before.

The only reason I am tempered is that this team is INCONSISTENT. They have not been able to put together a

a) a series of drives in a game

b) a series of wins

They go hot-cold-hot-cold across quarters. Players are forgotten across quarters. They win on the road and then lose at home. Lots of inconsistencies...Can't put a pulse on this team yet.

There you go! So what was it that you all saw in this team that had you billieving they even had a remote chance off going to the Super Bowl? Rex has has truly succeeded in accomplishing an amazing feat. He has taken the best defense this franchise has assembled in 16 yrs. and and destroyed them. He is an idiot, but yall drank the kool-aid. Yes my expectations were high at the beginning as as well. But after repeated dumb penalties, it was obvious that Rex never had control of this team. Unfortunately, I believe that that Whaley will be the fall guy, and that is the worst thing that could happen. I personally would have Rex clear his office tonight. Sad really. Roman did much much better than I had expected. I would bet Schwartz would have had this defense dialed in. So life as a Bills fan continues. There is ALWAYS next year.

It's a sign.

Your enthusiasm is superb.

Well that didn't quite work out.

I still believe we would be a team nobody would want to face in the playoffs, but that doesn't really matter now since we'll never know.

Another disappointing season effectively ended today. Here's looking forward to April even I will once again start to believe we have what it takes to win it all.

Well that didn't quite work out.

I still believe we would be a team nobody would want to face in the playoffs, but that doesn't really matter now since we'll never know.

Another disappointing season effectively ended today. Here's looking forward to April even I will once again start to believe we have what it takes to win it all.

I think you would have been right 😉