How will defensive game plan change without Gilmore?

YoloinOhio

Less man coverage? I know Darby can play it but do you think Leo is still a guy who they trust or will they play more zone? I don't like the idea that they will just make Bradford and his receivers beat them because they haven't established a big downfield passing threat. That's what we thought about KC and they lit it up.

I also think Gilmore could have taken on Ertz. Not sure of the LB situation either on the TE with all the injuries so will we see Hughes in coverage again? He was solid on Gronk downfield, we saw at least twice. Kelce in the red zone was a nightmare two weeks ago. He had one TD but also left uncovered when smith just didn't see him a couple times.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Less man coverage? I know Darby can play it but do you think Leo is still a guy who they trust or will they play more zone? I don't like the idea that they will just make Bradford and his receivers beat them because they haven't established a big downfield passing threat. That's what we thought about KC and they lit it up.

I also think Gilmore could have taken on Ertz. Not sure of the LB situation either on the TE with all the injuries so will we see Hughes in coverage again? He was solid on Gronk downfield, we saw at least twice. Kelce in the red zone was a nightmare two weeks ago. He had one TD but also left uncovered when smith just didn't see him a couple times.

McKelvin isn't popular around here and he isn't a great corner, but he is a better than average player in terms of replacing a starter. In fact, MUCH better than average. We can make this move and leave Robey in the slot. I am not overly concerned unless another corner goes down.

Right now, Hughes is our only true pass rusher on the front 7. None of us know the deal wrt Mario but right now he is not producing. If Hughes is sent into coverage, this is only further proof that Rex is incompetent.

This game is right there for the Bills to win. It is also right there for Rex to lose.

Edited by Bill from NYC

I do worry about our D without Gilmore as well. He has had an outstanding season, he really has, and whilst Leodis is a decent stand in it puts extra pressure on Darby to step up.

This is another game where I don't think we will feel comfortable unless we put 30 on the board.... thankfully with their D playing how it has that is very possible.

Don't confuse McKelvin's terrible errors as a punt returner with his play at corner. He's been solid in his limited time on the field this season, and he was very good last year. Until he was injured, he was playing at a Pro Bowl level last season.

I thought they couldn't stop Alex Smith running and getting First Downs

McKelvin isn't popular around here and he isn't a great corner, but he is a better than average player in terms of replacing a starter. In fact, MUCH better than average. We can make this move and leave Robey in the slot. I am not overly concerned unless another corner goes down.

Right now, Hughes is our only true pass rusher on the front 7. None of us know the deal wrt Mario but right now he is not producing. If Hughes is sent into coverage, this is only further proof the Rex is incompetent.

This game is right there for the Bills to win. It is also right there for Rex to lose.

I'm really kind of amazed more fans don't get this, and keep defending Ryan's scheme this year.

Even last week when Ryan sent the kitchen sink in an overload blitz it got to Hoyer, and it disrupted the play. The problem was he just didn't run that play often enough. So Yea, it really is up to Ryan IMO.

I'm really kind of amazed more fans don't get this, and keep defending Ryan's scheme this year.

Even last week when Ryan sent the kitchen sink in an overload blitz it got to Hoyer, and it disrupted the play. The problem was he just didn't run that play often enough. So Yea, it really is up to Ryan IMO.

Years ago, the only legit pass rusher on the Bills was Aaron Schobel, and he was a good one. Dumbo Jauron used to send him back into coverage and opposing qbs would have absolutely no pressure. Of course, the Bills lost more often than they won.

Rex came to town saying this team would be "bullies." Well, he is employing the same passive scheme and the team isn't suited for it.

Edited by Bill from NYC