The chemistry on deep balls to Sammy... A huge development

YoloinOhio

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And they lead the league in 3 & outs with a 6-6 record. Wow

I searched the Intarsweb for something you might get excited about. Seeing as the thread title is "The chemistry on deep balls to sammy - a huge development", I thought I'd search for balls and chemistry. Here it is for your viewing pleasure:

And they lead the league in 3 & outs with a 6-6 record. Wow

I did not even say they were successful. : )

I mentioned it as something Roman is noted for as an OC. And i expect he will continue that in Buffalo.

And if all was going as planned i can "imagine" that Thurman's defenses would like to get the turnovers via Int and let the Offense run the TOP. Like any good DC.

Last couple weeks showed some glimpses of that. But without Karlos to grind out some yards Bills might struggle against Philly and need to rely on the pass.

I searched the Intarsweb for something you might get excited about. Seeing as the thread title is "The chemistry on deep balls to sammy - a huge development", I thought I'd search for balls and chemistry. Here it is for your viewing pleasure:

See chemistry is fun !

As long as Bills can threaten the back end of the coverage , the run game has a chance to be exploited.

Boy i honestly miss Harvin right now. or hell even Goodwin

Edited by 3rdand12

I did not even say they were successful. : )

I mentioned it as something Roman is noted for as an OC. And i expect he will continue that in Buffalo.

And if all was going as planned i can "imagine" that Thurman's defenses would like to get the turnovers via Int and let the Offense run the TOP. Like any good DC.

Last couple weeks showed some glimpses of that. But without Karlos to grind out some yards Bills might struggle against Philly and need to rely on the pass.

See chemistry is fun !

As long as Bills can threaten the back end of the coverage , the run game has a chance to be exploited.

Boy i honestly miss Harvin right now. or hell even Goodwin

A Martavious Bryant type WR should definately be on the shopping list in the offseason

A Martavious Bryant type WR should definately be on the shopping list in the offseason

indeed !

FA ?

I dont keep up with these matters.

Maybe someone should start a thread about what might be available in Free agency and or the draft??

If Antonio Brown was targeted 4 times a game I'm sure he and Big Ben would have some issues...

Those two create a scary combination. One of Pittsburgh's legitimate threats each play.

lets hope TT and SW get to spend a couple more years together and get that " chemistry " dialed in.

Keep Tyrod please. Bills might really have a daring duo in Tyrod and Watkins.

The question on the over the middle routes, and so on aren't being called by any WR. With Watkins, I think they are holding him back at this point as they have the greatest potential for injuries, concussions, etc. Sammy ahs been injured 7 times in 1.5 years. He is an amazing deep threat, so the real question is why aren't we trusting TT's judgement for the over the middle throws to Clay, and Hogan as he is as durable as they come.

I'd love to see some fast hits and rub routes with the two I mentioned to complement Sammy deep, and McCoy all over the place. You can't stack 8 in the box when TT is hitting people fast in 7 yards over the middle in crossing routes, McCoy on screen and designed runs, and then hitting Sammy deep for the monster catches. this offense can get even hotter in the next four weeks.

The question on the over the middle routes, and so on aren't being called by any WR. With Watkins, I think they are holding him back at this point as they have the greatest potential for injuries, concussions, etc. Sammy ahs been injured 7 times in 1.5 years. He is an amazing deep threat, so the real question is why aren't we trusting TT's judgement for the over the middle throws to Clay, and Hogan as he is as durable as they come.

I'd love to see some fast hits and rub routes with the two I mentioned to complement Sammy deep, and McCoy all over the place. You can't stack 8 in the box when TT is hitting people fast in 7 yards over the middle in crossing routes, McCoy on screen and designed runs, and then hitting Sammy deep for the monster catches. this offense can get even hotter in the next four weeks.

Well, I sincerely hope it's not because Roman is "keeping those plays under wraps so he doesn't tip his hand and can spring them on the opposition later in the season/playoffs", kind of nonsense postulations we were subjected to while enduring Maroon's preseason/early season/mid season... oatmeal gruel game plans.

That said, maybe they are keeping those plays under wraps so he doesn't tip his hand and can spring them on the opposition later in the season/playoffs.

COMMON Roman!!! Show us some screens and quick hitters over the middle. Yer runnin' outta time!!!

Maybe Roman has been throwing the deep ball to Watkins to loosen them up. Now with the final quarter of the season left we get the full arsenal of what Watkins can do. The Bills need a big day from Sammy and the wide outs.

+1. Watkins is ultra talented to be used only on a go route. He makes game changing plays like the 1st down against Revis Island.

Why the long ball has worked for Bills

The Bills rank eighth in the league in plays of 20 yards or more with a total of 53 this season. Thirty-eight have come through the air including a pair of 50-plus yard receptions by Sammy Watkins last week in the win over the Texans. So why has the long ball become a legitimate part of Buffalo’s offense this season?

Offensive coordinator Greg Roman believes the formula is relatively straightforward.

Just messing with enlightener. He has been notorious for bashing Watkins at least in the least few weeks, and I am sure his post while seemingly innocent, likely had Sammy Watkins is bad undertones. Maybe I am just reading into it too much though.

lol look for my next one after watkins pulled off the usually softy challenge today....one armed a pass, dropped all passes thrown facing inwards, except one, where he fought for a whole 4 yards, on third and 7. lost the one 50/50 ball he had thrown his way. Was great on wide open and sideline type throws though!! as usual.

lol look for my next one after watkins pulled off the usually softy challenge today....one armed a pass, dropped all passes thrown facing inwards, except one, where he fought for a whole 4 yards, on third and 7. lost the one 50/50 ball he had thrown his way. Was great on wide open and sideline type throws though!! as usual.

Your posts on Sammy are pure silliness. He's been beating double teams on 50-50 balls for the last three weeks for big plays and TDs. You're name does not at all fit the "information" that you post.

And still it seemed to ignored Watkins (or didn't read coverage) way too often. Watkins should have had a dozen catches today with the bills so far behind.

I think the chemistry has a long way to go (or Roman just refuses to call plays for Watkins).

Example today is Antonio Brown and the Steelers comeback. 16 catches!!!

Edited by Billsfan1972

And still it seemed to ignored Watkins (or didn't read coverage) way too often. Watkins should have had a dozen catches today with the bills so far behind.

I think the chemistry has a long way to go (or Roman just refuses to call plays for Watkins).

Example today is Antonio Brown and the Steelers comeback. 16 catches!!!

To have that many catches and drives, you need a rhythm in the offense. You need to have the RBs make plays and the other WRs be part of the offense. Sadly, we had a lot of trouble with that.