We wanted to be the Steelers this year.. But

D521646

When I look at the team we put on the field in week one, it reminds me a lot of the Steelers with fast WR's running go routes all day long. I think that was the vision for Roman and Rex, but losing Goodwin, and the enigma that is Percy Harvin really sunk that plan.. Where is Goodwin anyway? Harvin? Woods and Hogan are not Wheaton and Bryant, and Tyrod is not Rothlisberger, maybe down field accuracy, and more mobile perhaps, but not Ben. I am looking at this team, and I scratch my head every Sunday at something.. I just don't get our offensives identity> What is it?

I am going to say that losing Goodwin early and often and Harvin's no show 2015 campaign really hurt our vision for this year, what say you?

Tim-

When I look at the team we put on the field in week one, it reminds me a lot of the Steelers with fast WR's running go routes all day long. I think that was the vision for Roman and Rex, but losing Goodwin, and the enigma that is Percy Harvin really sunk that plan.. Where is Goodwin anyway? Harvin? Woods and Hogan are not Wheaton and Bryant, and Tyrod is not Rothlisberger, maybe down field accuracy, and more mobile perhaps, but not Ben. I am looking at this team, and I scratch my head every Sunday at something.. I just don't get our offensives identity> What is it?

I am going to say that losing Goodwin early and often and Harvin's no show 2015 campaign really hurt our vision for this year, what say you?

Tim-

i never once thought the Bills were trying to be the Steelers. I don't get it. Very different personnel and offensive system.

The identity is to be multiple. They have players who are multi dimensional can line up in different places. Harvin was a piece of that, but after being pretty good the first quarter of the season he got hurt so he is missed. They really want to run the ball and make big plays down the field, and they've been pretty successful at those things with Taylor.

You asked where Goodwin and Harvin are - they have both been on IR for some time now.

Edited by YoloinOhio

i never once thought the Bills were trying to be the Steelers. I don't get it. Very different personnel and offensive system.

The identity is to be multiple. They have players who are multi dimensional can line up in different places. Harvin was a piece of that, but after being pretty good the first quarter of the season he got hurt so he is missed. They really want to run the ball and make big plays down the field, and they've been pretty successful at those things with Taylor.

You asked where Goodwin and Harvin are - they have both been on IR for some time now.

Doug Whaley used to work for the Stillers therefore our personnel and coaches are all analogues of the yinzers. Every fleeting thought deserves its own thread.

I still think Watkins needs a solid #2 compliment that defenses have to actually cover. The guys we have now are all better suited for the slot, Hogan and Woods. Watkins needs his Lofton/Price on the other side. We still don't have the OL that Roman has had to game plan with either. That SF OL was both athletic and powerful. If this coaching staff stays in place expect moves in FA and the draft to address this. The defense has been injured and there are guys who just don't fit this system. Again, look for this to be addressed in FA and the draft. I know people think we have a lot of $ on the DL, but don't be surprised if a couple of contracts are cut loos so we can pursue Wilkerson. I'm thinking a restructure of Mario and Kyle being cut are two moves that will happen. Hughes and Mario will be rush backers in a more traditional 3-4 after we make some moves in the offseason. Bradham is going to be gone and we are going to bring in a better suited ILB to go beside Preston Brown. Also expect a rougher, bigger hitter at Safety to be brought in.

I still think Watkins needs a solid #2 compliment that defenses have to actually cover. The guys we have now are all better suited for the slot, Hogan and Woods. Watkins needs his Lofton/Price on the other side. We still don't have the OL that Roman has had to game plan with either. That SF OL was both athletic and powerful. If this coaching staff stays in place expect moves in FA and the draft to address this. The defense has been injured and there are guys who just don't fit this system. Again, look for this to be addressed in FA and the draft. I know people think we have a lot of $ on the DL, but don't be surprised if a couple of contracts are cut loos so we can pursue Wilkerson. I'm thinking a restructure of Mario and Kyle being cut are two moves that will happen. Hughes and Mario will be rush backers in a more traditional 3-4 after we make some moves in the offseason. Bradham is going to be gone and we are going to bring in a better suited ILB to go beside Preston Brown. Also expect a rougher, bigger hitter at Safety to be brought in.

I agree with all of this, although I think this OL is starting to get it together, we'll see this Sunday I suppose. I like what the Steelers have on offense, and their game is perfect for that personnel.

I don't want to even think about the draft yet, I don't want to jinx anything. :)

Tim-

I was hoping to be the 49ers from a few years back

agreed- I thought we were set up from a coaching and personnel standpoint to emulate the Niners. Niners had a very easy division at that time, though Seattle started to get better as they declined. Offensively we were set up so much better than those Niners. For a while they had Vernon Davis and Gore and that was it. No receivers. What has gone wrong?

Tim-

Losing Harvin was a much bigger blow then most expected. He was playing multiple levels above Woody and TT had the most in-game chemistry w/ Harvin out of all the receivers (something I noticed in pre-season and continued to see till he quit). Goodwin was getting open, he just cant stay healthy. He prob gets cut next year because hes officially injury prone (unfortunately)

Edited by Marty McFly

We shoulda never got rid of Peerless Price, him and Moulds were a great #1 and 2 tandom. Percy was a good #2 but typical Bills luck kept him off the field and gone before mid-season. I agree with your FA signings. Wilkerson would beast over here. I can see Kyle staying after a re-structure but I dont see Mario doing the same. OL LB and S are the biggest needs for this team in the offseason. (Yes we should draft a QB if he's the BPA but, it shouldnt be the #1 priority.)