Trump Alone at the Top

Trump needs 46% of the delegates in what is a 3 man race now to be guaranteed the nomination. The research polls have him leading in Indiana and California going forward.

Things are looking up in Trump land. Should be easy for him to get the nomination now.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Chances are, the conservatives who are dead set against Trump, will have far less to lose if he wins than his most ardent supporters. But carry on with your fantasy island

^

This. His Presidency would be more of a letdown than a bride on her wedding night at Niagara Falls.

What does this have to do with my response?

It means that conservatives like LA obviously have nothing to lose with a Trump presidency because that would mean they already lost. It's easy to have "nothing to lose" when you're already being sat on by the class bully being forced to eat sand. Edited by FireChan

It means that conservatives like LA obviously have nothing to lose with a Trump presidency because that would mean they already lost. It's easy to have "nothing to lose" when you're already being sat on by the class bully being forced to eat sand.

Are you implying that Trump is the class bully who will have his way with the conservatives and they already lost, while his supporters are going to end up as net winners?

Are you implying that Trump is the class bully who will have his way with the conservatives and they already lost, while his supporters are going to end up as net winners?

If that's the implication, then it's very short-sighted.

If Trump wins Indiana it's over.

CBS, Fox News polls et al. have Trump leading at a minimum of 5 points. The momentum will help him even more in the coming weeks.

I think Indiana will be a closer race than California but I think he will take both.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

It means that conservatives like LA obviously have nothing to lose with a Trump presidency because that would mean they already lost. It's easy to have "nothing to lose" when you're already being sat on by the class bully being forced to eat sand.

Except there will be no Trump presidency.

The same people who point to polls with him winning Indiana and California are the same people who refuse to acknowledge the polls showing Clinton beating Trump so badly he'll barely be allowed to clean the toilets at Trump Towers.

Then she'll make him a czar of some sort, and you'll all sit around thinking "Why was I the only one who didn't see this coming?"

No idea on the bolded, I'd say probably not.

But to say that Trump's ascension isn't in part a failure of the conservatives who don't support him is just untrue. As such, they aren't coming out net winners either. They are losers for this happening, plain and simple. Not to say they are the only ones to blame, but they are a distinct portion.

Twisting the logic that the folks who don't want Trump are actually more successful and better off than the ones who do is the equivalent of the uncoordinated kid on the playground who whiffs at bat then claims "he wasn't really trying anyway."

The same people who point to polls with him winning Indiana and California are the same people who refuse to acknowledge the polls showing Clinton beating Trump so badly he'll barely be allowed to clean the toilets at Trump Towers.

Then she'll make him a czar of some sort, and you'll all sit around thinking "Why was I the only one who didn't see this coming?"

Hah. That's distinctly possible, but I doubt she rewards him publicly.

The funny thing is that you're the same person, just on the flip side. Who cares about the polls in Indiana and Cali, Crusich are beating Hillary nationally, am I right?

Edited by FireChan

No idea on the bolded, I'd say probably not.

But to say that Trump's ascension isn't in part a failure of the conservatives who don't support him is just untrue. As such, they aren't coming out net winners either. They are losers for this happening, plain and simple. Not to say they are the only ones to blame, but they are a distinct portion.

Twisting the logic that the folks who don't want Trump are actually more successful and better off than the ones who do is the equivalent of the uncoordinated kid on the playground who whiffs at bat then claims "he wasn't really trying anyway."

Hah. That's distinctly possible, but I doubt she rewards him publicly.

The funny thing is that you're the same person, just on the flip side. Who cares about the polls in Indiana and Cali, Crusich are beating Hillary nationally, am I right?

Except the analogies aren't correct. To apply Bills' fan experience to the current situation is like clamoring for JP Losman to save the franchise from the disaster that was Drew Bledsoe. Why, because JP was the shiny new object. And when that didn't work, people staked out firm battle lines between JP & Trent Edwards. How did that hopey change work out for the fans.

I find it hilarious that conservatives are getting blamed for 40% of the GOP electorate falling for a self-promoting huckster. Just like the Bills' QB debacle, history has shown that narcissistic self-promoting populists make bad situations far worse.

Except the analogies aren't correct. To apply Bills' fan experience to the current situation is like clamoring for JP Losman to save the franchise from the disaster that was Drew Bledsoe. Why, because JP was the shiny new object. And when that didn't work, people staked out firm battle lines between JP & Trent Edwards. How did that hopey change work out for the fans.

I find it hilarious that conservatives are getting blamed for 40% of the GOP electorate falling for a self-promoting huckster. Just like the Bills' QB debacle, history has shown that narcissistic self-promoting populists make bad situations far worse.

How about putting somebody out there who can actually resonate with voters and win? When you trot out dog**** candidates over 8 years, you shouldn't be surprised that disenfranchised GOPers decide to look elsewhere.

Your analogy is ridiculous because you're saying that JP fans, Trent fans and Bledsoe had a clear side "better off" than the others. They all were losers. No winners whatsoever.

How about putting somebody out there who can actually resonate with voters and win? When you trot out dog**** candidates over 8 years, you shouldn't be surprised that disenfranchised GOPers decide to look elsewhere.

Your analogy is ridiculous because you're saying that JP fans, Trent fans and Bledsoe had a clear side "better off" than the others. They all were losers. No winners whatsoever.

Which is the whole point, which is hell of a lot more clear in retrospect. But Bills fans were going gaga over the losers (self included) and voices who said they all suck were generally ignored.

Alos, if you look at the initial slate of candidates there were a couple of people who are better than the remaining three. But people are ready to support the political version of a blind epileptic squirrel running the offense because he's the shiny new object.

What are you talking about? The result is still the same. If Trump wins the nomination, he gets his ass handed to him...and in all likelihood you're looking at all GOP gains at all levels over the last eight years getting wiped out.

Hillary with the WH, House and Senate. Every reasonable person sees this with the Trump nomination.

Hell, I wish I was at least the kind of person who enjoys saying "I told you so" because if Trump gets the nod, it'll be the biggest, fattest, most amazing "I told you so" of all times. Believe me. I talk to people. They tell me all the time how yuuuuge it's going to be. The biggest. Ever.

He's a dump phuck and will embarrass everyone. Mark my words.

He's a dump phuck and will embarrass everyone. Mark my words.

Let's not underestimate how quiet the news media has been in the last three weeks on Trump as he's inching closer to the nomination. Then get ready for a four month frontal assault.

To be fair, polls can change dramatically over a 6 month period.