Trump Alone at the Top

Just for kicks, I just pulled a jar of mayonnaise out of the fridge and explained Gell-Mann's Eightfold Way to it.

It was just as futile as, but significantly more pleasant than, trying to convince a Trump Davidian of anything.

Yeah, but................

....was it Real Mayonnaise or Salad Dressing ?

hellmanns-real-mayonnaise-63682.jpg.. kraft-salad-dressing-16985.jpg

You're looking to have a substantive conversation with a Trump supporter.

Hillary bad. LIAR. Rinse repeat.

Will if you ask this Trump supporter I will give you a more accurate conversation. Hillary indeed bad.LIAR. Treasonous. Money launderer. Practitioner of massive fraud. Conspiracy to murder type person. Women abuser. Child rapist defender and laugh about it. I'm sure there's more but it is a work day and I have to keep busy and give half of the proceeds it to the likes of her.

Edited by Dante

I will vote for Trump solely on the hope that he slows down or halts immigration from the war torn countries of the ME.

Call me a fool for falling for the fear tactics but I will never be convinced they can properly vet 100% of these people.

Far from foolish, I would say it was more like your screen name.

Okay..................this is really the last one.

POLITICO ON ‘THE ONE WORD MEDIA OUTLETS ARE USING TO DESCRIBE TRUMP’S SPEECH.’

Why, it’s like there’s an email list for DNC-MSM stenographers to coordinate their talking points or something. A list for journalists. A journalists’ list. Give me time, I’ll eventually think of a catchier name for it!

But like I said last night, it’s fascinating to watch a media that spent the last eight years hyping snipers, riots, racism, campus “rape epidemics,” Christian bakeries and pizza parlors, and the existential hell that is the gender-segregated bathroom suddenly having a Reagan-esque everything is wonderful “Morning in America” moment today isn’t it?

Which brings us to the DNC-MSM’s community organizer in chief’s response to Trump’s speech: Obama Hopes Americans Noticed ‘Birds Were Chirping’ After Trump’s ‘Vision of Violence and Chaos.’

Hey, did anyone make a ‘Mourning in America’ joke about Trump’s speech yet? Everyone?

- Ed Driscoll

The man who would be president plans to create Super PACS to take out Cruz and Kasich.

In the words of Dennis Miller, if his skin were any thinner he'd need a reservoir tip.

Raise your hand if you still think Donald Trump is a conservative.

He's just sayin' stuff. It would be funny if he spends money against them but continues to spend zero on his own campaign.

Cubans a retard ? Has an NBA championship and an uber successful tv show called Shark Tank.

You sound like a silly hater. Cubes is the ****. Net worth is only 3 Billion, yes with a B.

Neither of which, if you had read my post, speak to:

1. His ability to manage an IT firm, or his leadership in the field of IT. The man is a pretender, who knows less than you do about the field. The couple that owns the San Jose Sharks is no different than Cuban, in terms of what they did to get where they are. Right place, right time. The difference is: they don't need to seek personal validation on a daily basis.

2. His hilarious failure of combining his money with his politics vs Trump's, now obvious, wild success.

Trump has 3x his net worth. I'm no hater. I just know a phony IT "leader" when I see one. Ask Mark Cuban his opinion on who will win between reactive javascript and native app architecture for mobile devices. This is not some arcane question. Every competent person who works in IT knows about this, and follows it closely. Laugh at his answer, though, because he'd be caught in headlights.

And how did that hopey changey thingie work out for you?

I'll toss in a disclaimer from my field too describe your love affair.

Past performance is not indicative of future results .....

But, but it's is there a big correlation.

Expecting trump to become an effective executive of a large organization despite a horrible history of doing that is a clear sign of delusion.

Talk about missing the entire point.

I said: I see the same opportunity. What they did/do with it, is not the same as it never existing.

I see no opportunity for real change in Hillary Clinton, or Bernie Sanders for that matter, not because anything on the ground changes, but, because neither is either willing, but more importantly: capable of getting big things done, correctly. You can add Romney, McCain, Bush 2, Kerry, Gore, Clinton and Bush 1 to that list as well. None of these people had an opportunity to be true change agents. At best they were competent administrators.

None qualify as real CEOs, using the real definition.

Speaking of a title you will never have: I love it when stock brokers talk about management of large organizations. It's like listening to Colin Cowherd. All opinion. 0 personal experience.

I'm more qualified to talk about management at large organizations than you will ever be: because I've either done it, or I've been asked to advise on it, at levels you've never even sniffed. But you keep yapping there sideline reporter. The players and the coaches see you, but we take you exactly as seriously as you should be taken.

I wonder: what is your line on declaring Donald Trump a successful president? What data is required for that, for you?

Or, do you have no line? :rolleyes:

Edited by OCinBuffalo

The man who would be president plans to create Super PACS to take out Cruz and Kasich.

In the words of Dennis Miller, if his skin were any thinner he'd need a reservoir tip.

Raise your hand if you still think Donald Trump is a conservative.

No one really thinks he's a conservative. But, he's the best chance to save the country and keep Hillary out of the white house.

And, if trump blows up the whole system it might be the "reset button" we need to redeux the Republican party and get it back to it's roots since its been bastardized and has just turned into a spineless Democrat-lite party of losers. So if Donald trump blows it up and a new more libertarian constitutionally conservative party emerges from his damage, bring it on. That's the worst thing I see happening if trump implodes and goes off the rails is a complete party restructure. Get rid of the Bush's, mccains, Romney's etc...

Hillary presidency = supreme court and the constitution will be fundamentally changed and I'm not ok with that.

They can both do damage, but hillary's can kill the country wheras trumps might just kill an already ineffective political party.

There were some interesting points on, historically speaking, what has made a 'good president' looking at our past presidents.

http://www.ourwhitehouse.org/helpwanted.html

In her Parade magazine essay “The Secrets of America’s Great Presidents,” Goodwin encourages citizens to consider ten qualities when choosing a president. According to Goodwin a great president has the courage to stay strong in the face of adversity; is confident enough to seek different viewpoints; can learn from his or her mistakes; is willing to embrace change; is emotionally intelligent (willing to share credit with others, accept blame, and convey strength); can maintain self-control in the midst of trouble; is aware and in touch with popular sentiment; possesses a strong moral compass; is able to relax; and finally, communicates well and inspires others.

Journalist and professor David Gergen agrees with many of Goodwin’s conclusions. In his book Eyewitness to Power, Gergen writes about his experiences working intimately with and observing four American presidents—Nixon, Ford, Reagan, and Clinton—and concludes with seven lessons of leadership he has gleaned from them. One compelling similarity between Goodwin’s and Gergen’s conclusions is the need for a leader who actively seeks advice from knowledgeable advisors and is willing to listen to many different points of view. Gergen also agrees that the gift of inspiring others is vital, but adds the need to be able to explain policy and persuade others effectively, particularly the public at large. Additional qualities that Gergen deems critical are the ability to master one’s inner self and execute self control at all times; the possession of a clear, compelling purpose or mission; a willingness and ability to work with others throughout government; and, the motivation to get down to the business of the country as soon as he or she steps foot in the Oval Office.

There were some interesting points on, historically speaking, what has made a 'good president' looking at our past presidents.

http://www.ourwhitehouse.org/helpwanted.html

In her Parade magazine essay “The Secrets of America’s Great Presidents,” Goodwin encourages citizens to consider ten qualities when choosing a president. According to Goodwin a great president has the courage to stay strong in the face of adversity; is confident enough to seek different viewpoints; can learn from his or her mistakes; is willing to embrace change; is emotionally intelligent (willing to share credit with others, accept blame, and convey strength); can maintain self-control in the midst of trouble; is aware and in touch with popular sentiment; possesses a strong moral compass; is able to relax; and finally, communicates well and inspires others.

Journalist and professor David Gergen agrees with many of Goodwin’s conclusions. In his book Eyewitness to Power, Gergen writes about his experiences working intimately with and observing four American presidents—Nixon, Ford, Reagan, and Clinton—and concludes with seven lessons of leadership he has gleaned from them. One compelling similarity between Goodwin’s and Gergen’s conclusions is the need for a leader who actively seeks advice from knowledgeable advisors and is willing to listen to many different points of view. Gergen also agrees that the gift of inspiring others is vital, but adds the need to be able to explain policy and persuade others effectively, particularly the public at large. Additional qualities that Gergen deems critical are the ability to master one’s inner self and execute self control at all times; the possession of a clear, compelling purpose or mission; a willingness and ability to work with others throughout government; and, the motivation to get down to the business of the country as soon as he or she steps foot in the Oval Office.

I would like to see their short list of which Presidents check off all of those boxes.

Cuban's just jealous of Trump and has been for awhile now. Not sure how/when it started, but I do remember when he tried to copy Trump's "The Apprentice" with "The Benefactor" and he failed, and Trump sent him a "you're fired!" message. It was pretty funny and I'm sure that, if it didn't ignite the feud, it made it much worse. That being said, I like Cuban/as a sports owner.

As for Trump the businessman and celebrity, I've always liked him since I first heard about him at college in the late 80's. I remember a football player friend at Cornell who was only there on a "scholarship" talking about how some guy named Donald Trump could get X large and delayed campus project done, seeing as how he got stuff done in NYC . As a presidential candidate however, as LA said, I reluctantly began to support him. Initially I thought that JEB or Rubio would have been able to defeat LIAR, but they couldn't even win over their own party. Now I think that Trump has a good shot of winning, if he can just get out of his own way (a tall task I know) and if people would wake up and realize what a turd LIAR is (again, another tall task). Not being beholden to special interests because he doesn't need their money, I think he'll at least try to improve the economy, curb illegal immigration (without a wall) and make us safer. Maybe he won't be able to accomplish these, but I have no faith that LIAR will. I do think he'll appoint conservative SC judges and generally go along with what the Repubs want, but I harbor no illusions that he's a true conservative, which is fine by me, being an independent.

As for the Republican party, it's dying a slow death. Holding onto antiquated religious beliefs is losing them members because people's attitudes about abortion and homosexuals are changing. Trump appears to be a first step in changing it and that could end up saving the party, of sorts.

It is ironic how Trump generates new lies on pretty much a daily basis but his supporters, who seem to totally despise lying elsewhere, are OK with each of them.

Why is it that Trumps lies don't get him labeled LIAR?

Because it's a cult.

Comedy from the Daily Show, but kinda true too.

Trump's Christianity under the microscope

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/st6k1m/the-daily-show-with-trevor-noah-the-divinity-of-donald-trump

No one is voting for trump based on his religious views. Just like no one voted for obama based of his rev. Wright and Muslim views.

Its basically 2 groups of people.

Group 1, says #nevertrump, I'll vote for anyone over trump, even a treasonous criminal.

Group 2, says #neverhillary, I'll vote for a guy who is probably lying about more than 50% of what he says and his views because he isn't Hillary. Even if he may be lying, you certainly know where the queen in Waiting stands and if there is a chance trump might be ok, hes a better roll of the dice.

Like, if I told you that you need life saving surgery and you have 2 doctors who can perform the operation, doctor 1 has a long record of being a surgeon, the only problem is every one of her patients have died and should probably should have lost her licence multiple times. The other option is this guy who has never done an operation but says he can do it.

Hillary presidency = supreme court and the constitution will be fundamentally changed and I'm not ok with that.

And you think the guy who wants to wipe out the career of a sitting Republican senator for not getting on the TrumpTrain is going to be any better?

He's not, dammit. He's a freaking Democrat. He's been a Democrat his entire life. He's spent millions getting Clinton, Pelosi, Reid and others put into office. Suddenly we're supposed to believe that this petulant little crybaby is going to fill the courts with judges that lean to the right? Why?

All the evidence...every single shred of it...says he'll be precisely like Hillary.

I get it. There's nothing we can do at this point because there are more idiots in this country than either of us anticipated. But please do not think he will be the lesser of the two evils. All the evidence says there is no lesser in this equation.

Group 1, says #nevertrump, I'll vote for anyone over trump, even a treasonous criminal.

#nevertrump is also #neverhillary and will be voting for third party candidates or not at all.

The other option is this guy who has never done an operation but says he can do it.

Who says he can do it because only because he paid for the medical training of option 1.

There's always a third doctor.