LB AJ Tarpley Released by the Bills; Added to Practice Squad

26CornerBlitz

He was really bad yesterday. Yikes. Bye AJ.

Yup. Makes me hate Dolphins more for picking up Coples and then getting slammed anyway. We're desperately thin at LB.

What are the moves - Tarpley gone, Kyle on IR. Is Red Bryant back?

I know steward is starting for Bradham but assume they will sign someone to take tarpley's spot. I wonder who. Spikes!!! Nah. He's suspended.

no he is not. Aparantly the ruling was that he could serve his suspension whilst not on an active roster. That means he should be available.

There's a distinct lack of accountability. AJ played poorly, no doubt. I'm just saying that people are calling for heads to be chopped off and they got their wish.

i am not one of them - but this move is really not surprising after watching him play yesterday.

no he is not. Aparantly the ruling was that he could serve his suspension whilst not on an active roster. That means he should be available.

spikes!

Ray Lewis!

i am not one of them - but this move is really not surprising after watching him play yesterday.

I just think that if every marginal player got cut after playing badly in relief, IK would've been long gone after the Bengals game. I'm putting this firmly in the 'Rex gonna Rex' file and move on. I'm not dying on a hill for AJ Tarpley :)

I just think that if every marginal player got cut after playing badly in relief, IK would've been long gone after the Bengals game. I'm putting this firmly in the 'Rex gonna Rex' file and move on. I'm not dying on a hill for AJ Tarpley :)

I think IK should be cut.

He's awful.

This may or may not be the thread for it, but the Bills have really missed Ty Powell this year. He is (or maybe was now) extremely athletic. He would have played quite a bit. The same goes for Jarius Wynn.

Wynn > IK & Powell > Tarpley

No question those were 2 BIG depth losses... B-)

No question those were 2 BIG depth losses... B-)

It's just one of those things that we really didn't think about or talk about at the time. To be honest, it really hadn't crossed my mind until reading this thread. You replaced quality NFL backups with 3rd stringer / practice squad types. Once those guys are thrust into the lineup it shows.

I think IK should be cut.

He's awful.

he is brutal. I'm guessing Carrington's injury saved his job.

This may or may not be the thread for it, but the Bills have really missed Ty Powell this year. He is (or maybe was now) extremely athletic. He would have played quite a bit. The same goes for Jarius Wynn.

Wynn > IK & Powell > Tarpley

i have mentioned those injuries a lot too. We had nice depth going into camp but those were critical losses.

Somebody had to take the fall. Rex should have been cut, but no no, can't do that.

Well, I certainly didn't want him in the first place. The leash was short and the little patience I had is gone.

I guess I'm not alone.

:lol:

God help the world if the two of you are given anything to run.

Well, I certainly didn't want him in the first place. The leash was short and the little patience I had is gone.

I guess I'm not alone.

I highly doubt the Pegulas signed him to a 5 year, 25 mill contract and decided if he didn't have a WC spot locked up by week 11, without a QB, he will be fired.

They just bought the team and now they are building the team. This "window" everyone talks about is for the fans. And those who worry about older guys like Kyle Williams to be able to play in a postseason game. It's not real IMO - most of the core guys on this team are young, and they are still trying to find a QB.

The best thing the organization can do is finally get some stability in the FO and coaching staff and add to their core talent, matching it with the offensive and defensive systems in place. Continue to develop Taylor, and add another high round grade QB to the room for depth and development.

Clinging to the past and favorite players isn't what they are going for. It is what it is.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I can promise you that I'll never breed :)

Hahahah, that's a terrific start! :w00t:

I had my concerns when we first hired him, but they were allayed in large part because of what I had hoped for the defense. Knowing what I know now about how that turned out, I would have been very opposed to it. We've gotten all the bad with none of the good.

THAT SAID: with none of the good. And yet we're RIGHT in the thick of it heading into the final quarter.

I'm still willing to give the man the benefit of the doubt. Had this defense clicked...AT ALL...this year, we'd be 8-3 right now, and that's not an exaggeration.

With Rex as our coach, getting that defense to right the ship is more likely to happen than not.

So, give me continuity. Just this once.

I highly doubt the Pegulas signed him to a 5 year, 25 mill contract and decided if he didn't have a WC spot locked up by week 11, without a QB, he will be fired.

They just bought the team and now they are building the team. This "window" everyone talks about is for the fans. And those who worry about older guys like Kyle Williams to be able to play in a postseason game. It's not real IMO - most of the core guys on this team are young, and they are still trying to find a QB.

The best thing the organization can do is finally get some stability in the FO and coaching staff and add to their core talent, matching it with the offensive and defensive systems in place. Continue to develop Taylor, and add another high round grade QB to the room for depth and development.

Clinging to the past and favorite players isn't what they are going for. It is what it is.

They can have the long term vision they want. It doesn't mean that it's right. I can have my opinion regardless of it they agree.

I hope I'm wrong but I very much doubt that I am.

Going to have to rebuild through the draft and trading Mario and Kyle Williams is the natural progression. Rex is not to blame we had so many red flags for injuries that Troy Polamulou is looking more and more like a fluke that Doug Whaley lucked into with the Steelers supportive staff. Otherwise, Doug has not bonded with much and his blaming coaching staffs for EJ should have gotten him fired.

Maybe we have different definitions of some of those words.

They can have the long term vision they want. It doesn't mean that it's right. I can have my opinion regardless of it they agree.

I hope I'm wrong but I very much doubt that I am.

of course you have your opinion - just know that you will be very frustrated if you find it disappointing any organization other than the Browns would fire a HC that they hired themselves that quickly. And that guy the Browns fired won 4 games all year. And is still better than the one they have now. Stability almost always wins in the NFL. You may not have patience as a long suffering fan, but owners of an NFL franchise have to feel differently In order to properly build a team, and in the long run that's probably a good thing. Edited by YoloinOhio

Hahahah, that's a terrific start! :w00t:

I had my concerns when we first hired him, but they were allayed in large part because of what I had hoped for the defense. Knowing what I know now about how that turned out, I would have been very opposed to it. We've gotten all the bad with none of the good.

THAT SAID: with none of the good. And yet we're RIGHT in the thick of it heading into the final quarter.

I'm still willing to give the man the benefit of the doubt. Had this defense clicked...AT ALL...this year, we'd be 8-3 right now, and that's not an exaggeration.

With Rex as our coach, getting that defense to right the ship is more likely to happen than not.

So, give me continuity. Just this once.

I'll give Rex Ryan the respect he deserves as a defensive mind. There are very few that are comparable to him and I'm not sure there's anyone better. The major problem that I have with Rex is that he's not what I class as Head Coach material.

If you give me Greg Roman as the OC and Rex Ryan as the DC, that is my football nirvana. They are the coaches that play the way I want my team to play. I just think that there's more nuance to being a head coach than Rex Ryan is capable of. His game management is abysmal (yesterday wasn't anywhere close to a one-off), I think the way he manages men leaves a lot to be desired in terms of active accountability for errors.

A head coach needs to be more like a statesman than a fan in my ideals. I have no faith that Rex Ryan can be what I want him to be.

Edited by Blokestradamus

Going to have to rebuild through the draft and trading Mario and Kyle Williams is the natural progression. Rex is not to blame we had so many red flags for injuries that Troy Polamulou is looking more and more like a fluke that Doug Whaley lucked into with the Steelers supportive staff. Otherwise, Doug has not bonded with much and his blaming coaching staffs for EJ should have gotten him fired.

explain how you would do this, or what you think you can get in return?

Edited by nucci

of course you have your opinion - just know that you will be very frustrated if you find it disappointing any organization other than the Browns would fire a HC that they hired themselves that quickly. And that guy the Browns fired won 4 games all year. And is still better than the one they have now. Stability almost always wins in the NFL. You may not have patience as a long suffering fan, but owners of an NFL franchise have to feel differently In order to properly build a team, and in the long run that's probably a good thing.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I don't expect them to fire Rex before 3 years even if he loses every game from now until then. It would look incredibly stupid and screams ineptitude on a scale that would put most coaches off ever considering Buffalo.

I'm a big continuity guy. Over here 22 of 92 Premier League and Football League managers have been sacked since August (http://www.thesackrace.com/news/28th-august-2012/20122013-managerial-casualties), I know all too well that panic is not the way to do things. I just feel that continuity of something that I don't think will be positive is the answer.

I feel about Rex how I feel. I'm open to having my mind changed. That hasn't happened yet. I'm just not built to give him the benefit of the doubt over a future that might or might not come to fruition.

Yup. Makes me hate Dolphins more for picking up Coples and then getting slammed anyway. We're desperately thin at LB.

What are the moves - Tarpley gone, Kyle on IR. Is Red Bryant back?

Red Bryant is in Arizona... Maybe Rex will give his buddy Aaron Maybin a call??

Edited by Azucho98