Rex was awful- AGAIN

billsfan_34

@billsupdates

Rex Ryan isn't the answer in Buffalo, but Bills are stuck with him http://ow.ly/VhnZX

proxy.jpg?t=HBhraHR0cDovL2ltZ2ljay5zeXJh

I certainly hope Whaley does not take the fall for Rex's inadequacies...That would be terrible IMHO...This roster has talent...Whaley has not been perfect, but he has been better than average...If Rex stays, which I assume he will, then keep them all together and let them build on what they started...Rex will be a much bigger issue in the future than Whaley will...At least that's how I see it... B-)

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I certainly hope Whaley does not take the fall for Rex's inadequacies...That would be terrible IMHO...This roster has talent...Whaley has not been perfect, but he has been better than average...If Rex stays, which I assume he will, then keep them all together and let them build on what they started...Rex will be a much bigger issue in the future than Whaley will...At least that's how I see it... B-)

The fact that we're one month away from the end of the season with a 5-6 record and he doesn't have an extension doesn't bode well for him - or so it seems to me.

The fact that we're one month away from the end of the season with a 5-6 record and he doesn't have an extension doesn't bode well for him - or so it seems to me.

Trading Ryan for Whaley seems dumb...But we'll see...It's all about how they re-align...I think though, if that's what happens, Rex is going to get firm control of the football ops...And that makes me beyond nervous... B-)

Trading Ryan for Whaley seems dumb...But we'll see...It's all about how they re-align...I think though, if that's what happens, Rex is going to get firm control of the football ops...And that makes me beyond nervous... B-)

Why be nervous? You see how well he has replay under control - what is the worry?

In all seriousness you hope the Pegs see the Philly circus and are smart enough to see that with the exception of NE the HC in total control never ever works out...

Need a Football Team President first. Then guide Whaley to make better choices, he isn't a lost cause. Pegula would be crazy to just fire Rex and give him 4 years of salary but maybe he could convince him to quit with a buyout! It just isn't working. My question is would Swartz come on as HC/DC and work with Roman as OC? That really is what should have happened in the first place. Asking this defense to go through 3 coordinators in a row was not smart. Been better off keeping Swartz DC and hiring Roman back then as HC.

The ball comes out as his 3rd step occurs, not his 4th, and right at that moment.

3 steps upfiled after the catch is a football move. He is hit on the 3rd step. He loses the ball as his elbow hits the ground. Catch and fumble if you prefer..

3 steps upfiled after the catch is a football move. He is hit on the 3rd step. He loses the ball as his elbow hits the ground. Catch and fumble if you prefer..

The ball is coming out long before he hits the ground. I'm pretty certain that call would have been upheld, but like I said, it still was probably worth challenging given that it was iffy. They likely would have lost, but it was going to be their last possession in any case, so time wasn't really an issue at that point. That is, they had enough time to score even with one less TO. Two possessions wasn't going to happen unless they missed the 2P conversion and recovered the onside kick.

This team is missing one thing. A Winning Attitude. Again instead of keeping their opponent at bay as soon as adversity struck, either Carpenter blowing another extra point or the 37 yd pass that should have been challenged or Hughes being stupid again, this team folds. The defense folded. The offense folded. They lack leadership, coaching and discipline. Roman coached one half and then quit.

Tyrod is not a winner. He puts it on the ground twice. His deep balls are always under thrown even when they are completed. He is a guy with great speed that is poor runner. He is fast but not elusive. Brady, Roethlisberger, Alex Smith, all of the decent QBs are more elusive than TT.

Carpenter costs us points again and Rex takes the bait and presses for two too early.

McCoy can't carry the team every week but he is trying. Sammy showed up for the second time this year, why not keep throwing to him???

This team is missing one thing. A Winning Attitude. Again instead of keeping their opponent at bay as soon as adversity struck, either Carpenter blowing another extra point or the 37 yd pass that should have been challenged or Hughes being stupid again, this team folds. The defense folded. The offense folded. They lack leadership, coaching and discipline. Roman coached one half and then quit.

Tyrod is not a winner. He puts it on the ground twice. His deep balls are always under thrown even when they are completed. He is a guy with great speed that is poor runner. He is fast but not elusive. Brady, Roethlisberger, Alex Smith, all of the decent QBs are more elusive than TT.

Carpenter costs us points again and Rex takes the bait and presses for two too early.

McCoy can't carry the team every week but he is trying. Sammy showed up for the second time this year, why not keep throwing to him???

Keep in mind this is Taylors first year as a starter. He has taken care of the ball all season long. Only 4 picks my friend and a few fumbles- all qb's get the ball batted from them sometimes it comes with the position. As for not elusive im not sure what your watching but he is extremely shifty and fast. I do agree with all your other points. Edited by billsfan_34

Why be nervous? You see how well he has replay under control - what is the worry?

In all seriousness you hope the Pegs see the Philly circus and are smart enough to see that with the exception of NE the HC in total control never ever works out...

I think no one gets a majority vote besides Terry and Kim. It will stay balanced. and I would not be surprised to find that Pegulas have brought in a consultant quietly this post season.

Being of the patient type. I want to see another off season with Ryan and Whaley working together towards a common goal.

Seems to me something has not been working, and it will take the offseason to fix it.

and there is always the draft to look forward to

:bag:

Pegula needs to have a sit down with Whaley and Ryan after the season. The coaching staff is need of a review and overhaul. Dennis Thurman and Danny Crossman need to go. Defense was passive yesterday and no adjustments to pressure Smith with the blitz yesterday was damning. Look to the draft to bulk up the LBs and Defensive line. The high priced D line talent is in need of young talent.

Why was Rex Ryan hired? I hope things don't turn out as they did when he was with the Jets. I fear that things will only get worse the longer the blustery HC is involved with the team. What ever happened to the concept of "due diligence"?

The below link is from some commentary from WFAN's Mike Francesca regarding Rex Ryan. The date of this radio commentary is 1/2/13. It is 12 minutes long but if you listen for only a few minutes you get the gist of what is being said.

Why was Rex Ryan hired? I hope things don't turn out as they did when he was with the Jets. I fear that things will only get worse the longer the blustery HC is involved with the team. What ever happened to the concept of "due diligence"?

The below link is from some commentary from WFAN's Mike Francesca regarding Rex Ryan. The date of this radio commentary is 1/2/13. It is 12 minutes long but if you listen for only a few minutes you get the gist of what is being said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YX6-tDqkdk

Ouch