Schmidt got drilled...No call

OhDozeBills

So we all know the refs were terrible on Monday, especially for the Bills. There have been several calls/non calls discussed in the media and on this site but I don't think I've seen any talk over the blatant roughing the kicker early in the game. I believe it was 1st qtr and on our 2nd or 3rd punt of the game. Schmidt got crushed, and the punt was poor because of it. Instead of pinning the Pats inside the 10, the ball got to like the 25 and they returned it to around the 35. A roughing call there gives us a 1st down in Pats territory. Of course nothing was said about it on the broadcast but I was in total shock when there wasn't a flag.

Who else noticed this and what are your thoughts? Surprised it hasn't been discussed, but there were so many other poor calls in the game I think this one is under the radar a bit, and it was a big non call.

I believe they said the defender hit the ball first

They did. But I'm pretty sure if you faceguard like the Pats DB did AND you hit the WR before the ball gets there and hits you in the back it is still textbook PI.

I noticed the Bills losing the game because of inept offense and things like that.

I noticed all you do is relentlessly B word about the same thing even when no one is remotely talking about it.

They did. But I'm pretty sure if you faceguard like the Pats DB did AND you hit the WR before the ball gets there and hits you in the back it is still textbook PI.

Sure looked identical to the call on Bradham in the first game.

I noticed all you do is relentlessly B word about the same thing even when no one is remotely talking about it.

Not arguing that- just commenting that the broadcasters did mention why there was no flag on the punt

Lol the Denarius Moore experiment was pretty good!

So we all know the refs were terrible on Monday, especially for the Bills. There have been several calls/non calls discussed in the media and on this site but I don't think I've seen any talk over the blatant roughing the kicker early in the game. I believe it was 1st qtr and on our 2nd or 3rd punt of the game. Schmidt got crushed, and the punt was poor because of it. Instead of pinning the Pats inside the 10, the ball got to like the 25 and they returned it to around the 35. A roughing call there gives us a 1st down in Pats territory. Of course nothing was said about it on the broadcast but I was in total shock when there wasn't a flag.

Who else noticed this and what are your thoughts? Surprised it hasn't been discussed, but there were so many other poor calls in the game I think this one is under the radar a bit, and it was a big non call.

It has been. Check out Freddy's Ref's thread.

I'm sorry. I should probably look for some moral victories.

And when someone starts a thread saying how the refs had something to do with the Bills losing the game (one appears after every loss, mind you), it is absolutely relevant to point out what I believe the be the real reason the Bills lost the game.

I love you.

Gugny

I saw it, but haven't watched a replay. Yes, he got wiped out. I can only suspect that it was deemed that the rusher was blocked into him. Then again, based on how grossly inept they were on other calls, that well may not have been the case.

And when someone starts a thread saying how the refs had something to do with the Bills losing the game (one appears after every loss, mind you), it is absolutely relevant to point out what I believe the be the real reason the Bills lost the game.

I love you.

Gugny

Care to reference where I'm saying the refs are the reason for the Bills losing? Just because I thought they were brutal (even Pats fans agree with that) and am curious to get a take on a particular call that I hadn't heard an explanation on, don't go twisting my words and assume what I'm thinking. There were several reason they lost this game and a big part of it came down to making plays and we didn't make enough to win.

Not arguing that- just commenting that the broadcasters did mention why there was no flag on the punt

Thanks, I didn't hear them comment on it and wish I didn't delete from my DVR. I don't think they showed a close up replay to confirm it was tipped. Some of these national broadcasts are annoying, not showing replays you'd like to see. I know I was pissed because they didn't show the holding penalty right away on Graham when we picked off Brady, but they did show a clip of it much later in the broadcast and it was a clear hold.

trying to run the ball up the middle over and over with no luck was one thing. needed more screens.

I agree that we need more screens, but we don't see eye-to-eye on the trying to run the ball up the middle over and over. We weren't converting 3rd and 5 and shorter. We did a solid job running the ball.

I love you.

Gugny

It is like this thing I read about the time a pitcher was complaining about the lack of strikes and the ump replied that, "that Mr. DiMaggio would let him know when he threw one". Until someone punches NE in the face and wins they are gonna get the calls. Sadly it has always been that way.