Playoff Machine is up. Have fun

I still feel pretty good about it.

10-6 is right there. If they can win this week every other game looks easier on paper.

Can you beat Brian Hoyer, at home, to leapfrog them and get to 6-6?

The Patriots* can actually serve a purpose and knock off the Jets and Houston for us. And make no mistake, they are doing their whole "da whole world is against us" routine right now, which is when they are at their best.

This week the Colts could do us a HUGE favor by beating Pittsburgh, but I just don't see it happening. The Steelers are a good team. the Colts are soft, wimpy team.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still feel pretty good about it.

10-6 is right there. If they can win this week every other game looks easier on paper.

Can you beat Brian Hoyer, at home, to leapfrog them and get to 6-6?

The Patriots* can actually serve a purpose and knock off the Jets and Houston for us. And make no mistake, they are doing their whole "da whole world is against us" routine right now, which is when they are at their best.

This week the Colts could do us a HUGE favor by beating Pittsburgh, but I just don't see it happening. The Steelers are a good team. the Colts are soft, wimpy team.

In the simulator, I gave the Steelers the win this week.

Going by win percentage, it's the Jets that need to lose an "improbable" game (along with the Texans, but that loss would be to us).

Jets vs NE* is a no-loser game for me.

NE* wins=good for Bills.

NE* loss could drop them to the 2nd seed if Denver keeps winning. That means they would have to beat the Bengals at home and the Broncos in Denver to get to SB 50, rather than being at home and getting some soft AFC South team or wildcard team then the Broncos at home.

Anything that complicates their run to the Super Bowl is good news.

True.

Lots of people have been calling the Steelers for 6th spot. Am I wrong or do we win a tie breaker over a 9-7 Steelers if we beat NYJ and HOU? We will have better conference record at 9-7, and the Steelers can easily lose two more games

Yep- our loss can't be to the Texans or Jets. If we win out other avenues open up, but most realistically, if we get in its 9-7 with wins over Texans and Jets and with Steelers losing 2. I think the Bengals and Broncos can help us. But don't count out their trip to Baltimore. All games in their division will be tough for them.

After yesterdays results it's looking like the WC will come down to week 17 VS the NYJets as long as the Bills win the next 3 straight.

All Pats games are now winnable by any decent team giving the Jets a better chance at the WC.

Edited by NOVABillsFan

After yesterdays results it's looking like the WC will come down to week 17 VS the NYJets as long as the Bills win the next 3 straight.

All Pats games are now winnable by any decent team giving the Jets a better chance at the WC.

Jets aren't beating the patriots. Amendola will be healthier and the pats will hook that one up for us before we even play. We just need to do our job.

Jets aren't beating the patriots. Amendola will be healthier and the pats will hook that one up for us before we even play. We just need to do our job.

More Belichickian magic?

I would however just love to see the Pats lose another few games. That way the road to the SB may not go through NE.

The main competition - I am still miffed the Bills lost to KC. Unless they flop to SD, Balto and the Raiders they have a lock on the 5th seed

Steelers - at Bengals (10-2), vs. Broncos (10-2), at Ravens (4-8), at Browns (2-10). It looks like a 2-2 finish for them 9-7

NY JETS - vs. Titans (3-9), at Cowboys (3-8), vs. Patriots (10-2), at Bills (6-6).

The Bills have a long 5 week playoff schedule

Edited by NOVABillsFan

The main competition - I am still miffed the Bills lost to KC. Unless they flop to SD, Balto and the Raiders they have a lock on the 5th seed

Steelers - at Bengals (10-2), vs. Broncos (10-2), at Ravens (4-8), at Browns (2-10). It looks like a 2-2 finish for them 9-7

NY JETS - vs. Titans (3-9), at Cowboys (3-8), vs. Patriots (10-2), at Bills (6-6).

The Bills have a long 5 week playoff schedule

Based on that, and the playoff machine, our chances pretty much come down to a couple games. We need to beat the Jets in Week 17, and we can afford to drop one of the NFCE games if the Broncos beat the Steelers.

KC is the main worry because Steelers will be in it.

Given their schedules, and Big Ben's penchant for injury this year, I'd say KC is more of a lock than the Steelers. That being said, if the Bills miss the playoffs (and they likely will) it'll be because of these two teams, not the Jets.

I went into this weekend thinking the Bills could drop one of the NFC games and still have a decent shot. I'm having my doubts today. They likely need to run the table because I don't see the Steelers of or KC slipping up twice without a major injury or two. The Steelers have two tough games coming up but it's asking a lot to think they'll drop both of them given the way their offense is playing.

So it sounds like we only gained on Texans and raiders. Giants are a pathetic 4th Q team with a lead letting jets back in it, and colts are pathetic overall getting blown out by steelers.

I can't believe that up 10 the Giants went for it on 4th and 2 instead of kicking a chip shot to go up 13. Force the Jets O to score two TDs to beat you Tom!

after the Texans this weekend, the Redskins are the one team I am most wary of. If the Bills face a win and in scenario at home last game against the Jets, there is no way Rex allows a loss.

The key will be putting extreme heat on Cousins. He has had the tendency to self destruct once he makes a mistake or two. We have to facilitate that.

Given their schedules, and Big Ben's penchant for injury this year, I'd say KC is more of a lock than the Steelers. That being said, if the Bills miss the playoffs (and they likely will) it'll be because of these two teams, not the Jets.

I went into this weekend thinking the Bills could drop one of the NFC games and still have a decent shot. I'm having my doubts today. They likely need to run the table because I don't see the Steelers of or KC slipping up twice without a major injury or two. The Steelers have two tough games coming up but it's asking a lot to think they'll drop both of them given the way their offense is playing.

Doubt. Creeping slowly in the recesses of our mind.

:devil:0:) which one will win out? Pessimism or Optimism?

Why couldn't the stinking Giants have crapped the bed when they played Buffalo?

Edited by NOVABillsFan

We need to win out. I don't see the Steelers dropping both the Cincy and Denver games and they won't lose to the Ravens or Browns. I don't see the Chiefs losing either, even if they do slip up and drop 1, they still have the H2H on us should we win out. Simple truth, we sacrificed any margin for error and any control of our own destiny with the loss to the Chiefs.

Edited by Chuck Wagon

The Steelers have two tough games coming up but it's asking a lot to think they'll drop both of them given the way their offense is playing.

Agreed, but don't discount those two division games to close the season. Granted the Steelers are much better than the Ravens and Browns this year, but those division games have a way of being close no matter the records.

Doubt. Creeping slowly in the recesses of our mind.

:devil:0:) which one will win out? Pessimism or Optimism?

Why couldn't the stinking Giants have crapped the bed when they played Buffalo?

They did. Beckham punched our players, but the officials didn't see the need to penalize it. Kicking the ball though? Delay of game!